• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
Wally West the mad lad going to single-handedly fix the DC timeline.

Also since people are apparently skipping the Flash Age stuff I guess nobody noticed that
Iris is totally pregnant with twins

I guess that came from the end of Flash Forward. I remember someone posting about the kids going "But it will never come back in the normal comics cause Flash is Wally's book"

Reading every post in the comic threads when I should be working pays off!

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Former Hastings employee here. I can tell you now we wouldn't have ordered enough.

Great way to buy variants though cause they had no idea how to price them. Got the Adam Hughes Catwoman variant of Convergence #0 for like $7 after my discount.
The one that was here in my corner of NM would sometimes have enough, but it was rare. Oh yeah sometimes I would find some good deals there. I miss having it here since that was also the only movie rental store in my area too.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, new variant for Taskmaster #1

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzcvMjk0L29yaWdpbmFsL1Rhc2ttYXN0ZXJfMV9iX05pY2tfQnJhZHNoYXcuanBn

Nick Bradshaw drew this one.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think there are both B&W and colour collections of TMNT, so it depends whether you prefer the authentic original B&W content or if you want some colour to go with it.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Wally West the mad lad going to single-handedly fix the DC timeline.

Also since people are apparently skipping the Flash Age stuff I guess nobody noticed that
Iris is totally pregnant with twins
I mean is he gonna fix it or is he just gonna drop some grim reminders that there was a time Brett Booth and Scott Lobdell were doing Teen Titans

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
Finally got caught up with the last few issues of Lois Lane, and man, it's a bummer how disappointing that book is. Rucka, doing Lois Lane, with Renee Montoya, it should be such a home run. But the pacing feels off, and the art hovers somewhere between passable and terrible, and...it's just really making me sad.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any of you ever watch that Powers show, based on the Bendis book? IIRC it was exclusive to Playstation when it came out. Not sure if thats changed.

Halfway through this Decalogue arc in Bendis's DD. Feels like Bendis is just writing filler until Maleev is ready for the next big arc.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Hello new member, Azio

Welcome to the comic community here on ERA. What kind of books do you enjoy? Have you heard about Stjepan Sejics lesbian friendship, love and romance bdsm book Sunstone? You should read it
It's so consistent I want this to be a bot every time we get a new poster
Oh, I almost picked this up today. The cover had me cracking up:

Du9ovAK.jpg
Reference to that one Batman The Animated Series episode where Dick and Selina were both pretending to be in a romantic relationship with each other to play each other.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any of you ever watch that Powers show, based on the Bendis book? IIRC it was exclusive to Playstation when it came out. Not sure if thats changed.

Halfway through this Decalogue arc in Bendis's DD. Feels like Bendis is just writing filler until Maleev is ready for the next big arc.
I remember hearing about this show, but I never watched it so I'm not sure how it is. The show was canceled after 2 seasons. It's on a few services like Prime Video, but you have to pay money.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all excited about an UXF omni ans here I am still waiting for my Simone WW omni a week later.

Priorities, people!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I grew up watching the X-Men cartoons, I never really got into the comics. Hickman's run has got me super hyped for more X-Men, though, so I wanna read the big ones. So far I've only read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Demon Bear and Hickman's run.

The two mains ones that seem like a no brainer are the Dark Phoenix arc and House of M.

May 24, 2019
If you can stand old comics, it's worth going right back to Giant Sized X-Men (the introduction of Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (as an X-Men) etc.) then onto Claremont.

Make your way up to Dark Phoenix.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
If you can stand old comics, it's worth going right back to Giant Sized X-Men (the introduction of Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (as an X-Men) etc.) then onto Claremont.

Make your way up to Dark Phoenix.
I agree with this. If you still want more afterwards I would go for the Grant Morrison run followed by Whedon's Astonishing which are both excellent starting points in polar opposite directions. Then I'd check out the Mike Carey stuff which Hickman was definitely influenced by and is amazing.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
there are also the deluxe colored classics which are kind of blasphemous but I like them and they *tried* to make the covers look like pizza boxes. I have them and love them. I don't have the set Freezasaurus showed but I think they're probably more faithful and comprehensive.

That's funny actually...that color comics are considered blasphemous.

I might have to research more. There are so many options!

In the color comics, the foot soldiers are bleeding, right?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's funny actually...that color comics are considered blasphemous.

I might have to research more. There are so many options!

In the color comics, the foot soldiers are bleeding, right?

I think so, I'd have to look. It wasn't something that stood out as I read them. I think it would have stood out if it wasn't red. The colors are very basic, retro styled.

The ultimate collections go up to six I think, but not sure of the contents. Colored classics are five volumes but I'm fairly certain it covered the classic mirage stuff. The editions stop there. I think both sets have comparable prices maybe?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of colors, when are they gonna release a black and white version of 100 Bullets?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I grew up watching the X-Men cartoons, I never really got into the comics. Hickman's run has got me super hyped for more X-Men, though, so I wanna read the big ones. So far I've only read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Demon Bear and Hickman's run.
House of M was one of the first events I read after Planet Hulk when I got back into comics in like 2007. It was a fun read.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

The two mains ones that seem like a no brainer are the Dark Phoenix arc and House of M.
Morrison's New X-Men and Carey's X-Men stuff (which I've never read but plan to) are the biggest influences on what Hickman is doing. Hickman's Sinister is also based on Kieran Gillion's brief X-Men run.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
I think so, I'd have to look. It wasn't something that stood out as I read them. I think it would have stood out if it wasn't red. The colors are very basic, retro styled.

The ultimate collections go up to six I think, but not sure of the contents. Colored classics are five volumes but I'm fairly certain it covered the classic mirage stuff. The editions stop there. I think both sets have comparable prices maybe?

Essentially what I want to do is put together this collection as best as I can.

tmntentity.blogspot.com

The Mirage Comics continuity timeline

Foreword: As you may well know, a very healthy portion of the Ninja Turtles stories published by Mirage Studios were not written in ...

Looking at it again, I doubt that's possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.