• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, that Phantom Stranger omnibus is interesting. Always wanted to read some more of him, usually just pops up as a Deus Ex Machina in arcs I read.

He's a fun character. His own ongoing was at its best when it was about the world around him. He was basically a guest star in his own book.

Where do you see it in that list? I couldn't find it.

EDIT: The Jimmy Olsen collection isn't coming out until October?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
He's a fun character. His own ongoing was at its best when it was about the world around him. He was basically a guest star in his own book.

Where do you see it in that list? I couldn't find it.

EDIT: The Jimmy Olsen collection isn't coming out until October?

It only ends in June lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It only ends in June lol
How are things with this virus where you are?

For anyone that wants to peruse DC's fall collected edition plans, here's an easy link. You an also split off hardcovers with the menu options on the left. I'm not sure if any of them are entirely new, but it's nice to have them all organized and at-hand. Note that only the Deluxe Editions are oversized, other than Absolutes and omnibi. Anything else should be standard-sized.

www.edelweiss.plus

Edelweiss+

Edelweiss, by Above the Treeline, is the book industry’s platform to sell, discover, and order new titles.

Ah, check that. Here are some unlisted ones that hadn't been previously announced:

Super Sons Omnibus Expanded Edition

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=177950666X&page=1
WTF DC?? An Expanded Edition!? You cant pull that shit after just releasing one a year ago that didnt have the Adventures issues in it!

Thats almost 300 extra pages lol. Im pissed.

IS there a link for Marvel's stuff? I cant filter without creating an account it looks like lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
How are things with this virus where you are?

WTF DC?? An Expanded Edition!? You cant pull that shit after just releasing one a year ago that didnt have the Adventures issues in it!

Thats almost 300 extra pages lol. Im pissed.

IS there a link for Marvel's stuff? I cant filter without creating an account it looks like lol

It's very quiet but I have been working 6 days a week. It changes what feels like daily. More and more measures.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
They've shut all the pubs here, surely they won't in Ireland?

They did after they shut down most non essential things... Because guess what Irish people who didn't have to work did? They went out in crowds on the drink. A few bars in town were doing virus deals on drinks... Fucking idiots.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds about right lol. Im legit surprised bars didnt start offering drive through, when they closed all the restaurants and bars here and said only take out was ok.

At least you dont have a shitty reality game show host as your President.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

They did after they shut down most non essential things... Because guess what Irish people who didn't have to work did? They went out in crowds on the drink. A few bars in town were doing virus deals on drinks... Fucking idiots.
Aye was the same up here, people aren't very smart, are they?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent the entire week at work hearing that a shutdown is imminent, but then it doesn't happen which is insanely annoying. Like I'm cool with whatever just tell me if I'll be on the office or WFH.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been debating every day if I should even go in to work anymore. Shits scary when your in a state that has done the least amount of testing, and work at a grocery store in one of the busiest parts of the state. I dont want to loose my job, but I also dont want to get my grandparents sick or myself sick.

I had two different people walking down my section coughing their brains out without covering their faces. And they game ME dirty looks when I was watching lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I don't live with anyone vulnerable. I can go to work and keep earning while taking as many precautions as possible. Just glad I'm not out of work and worrying about my financial situation.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Did Era change the logo, or is that an Animal Crossing leaf?
Era accepted Nook Inc. buying the domain

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wasnt there news a week or two ago that Hawkeye Freefall was getting extended, or turned into an on-going? I swear I saw someone post something like that here. (and no it wasnt BleedingCool lol)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they changed their minds and its going to end at issue 6 like originally planned.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Campbell is just boring. Forget the anatomy and the painful poses. Does anyone ever look at one of his covers and think "oh shit, I gotta show this to somebody"? It's all phoned in. His style hasn't evolved in decades, and he never even tries anything interesting with the concepts or compositions. Campbell wouldn't suddenly become an interesting artist if he depicted women differently.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Campbell is just boring. Forget the anatomy and the painful poses. Does anyone ever look at one of his covers and think "oh shit, I gotta show this to somebody"? It's all phoned in. His style hasn't evolved in decades, and he never even tries anything interesting with the concepts or compositions. Campbell wouldn't suddenly become an interesting artist if he depicted women differently.
of course not. I just like this trend of comic creators revealing how self aware they are lately.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
of course not. I just like this trend of comic creators revealing how self aware they are lately.
I wouldn't put this in the same category as King making fun of his own stylistic tropes. Campbell is routinely defensive about his "haters", many of whom are calling him out for his sexist depictions of women, rather than like, the Liefeld thing of not being able to draw feet.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
no but don't you see he drew creases so you couldn't just say that yelena's body suit looks painted on and isn't that the real art

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more wondering how her hands weren't blown off by her wrist guns.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
basically J. Scott Campbell sense of what's hot is stuck in 1992, and meanwhile several artists, both in and out of the regular paper comics industry, lapped him, he's an irrelevant bore making work for other irrelevant bores, you're better off spending that money on the patreon for your favorite artist

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Why is she doing that dumb twist?

Why are her arms like that?

Why are her bracelets firing while aimed at nothing?

Why is she on her toes like that, without even any heels?

Why does he think clothing is vacuum-sealed on to perfectly cup a woman's individual breasts?

Why does every woman have the exact same face?

Even if I want to credit his overall silhouettes, there's so much comically lame about all this shit. There's having a style, and then there's nonsense. It's not even particularly interesting as far as cheesecake goes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
His art is beige

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had to look up Campbell and I realized I've seen this guys art before. In meme images of that one terrible Mary Jane comic cover he drew for The Amazing Spiderman.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The best Campbell cover in years came after that Riri cover was criticized and then he came back with a different one. It was the only time he was challenged to step outside his comfort zone, and it resulted in a cover I genuinely liked.

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
Why is she doing that dumb twist?

Why are her arms like that?

Why are her bracelets firing while aimed at nothing?

Why is she on her toes like that, without even any heels?

Why does he think clothing is vacuum-sealed on to perfectly cup a woman's individual breasts?

Why does every woman have the exact same face?

Even if I want to credit his overall silhouettes, there's so much comically lame about all this shit. There's having a style, and then there's nonsense. It's not even particularly interesting as far as cheesecake goes.
lol I saw the art without reading the rest of the post and thought to myself, "by Campbell's standards that's not actually that bad." His Black Cat covers are so awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.