Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Their method will be "here's a link to the dropbox where I'm dumping the pages please do not share" at the end of each newsletter.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh what, they dont archive on Substack lol? I thought it would be like a Netflix type deal.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
it's fucking WILD to me that Substack came at this with NO technological solution to display comics, or indeed any kind of chaptered fiction; you'd THINK that if you were in the business of comics you'd have something for that

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful that Kelly Thompson, Stephanie Phillips and some other younger writers can shine with some of the more established writers going to Substack. This makes it more important than ever for Marvel and DC to be able to scope out talent.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
This whole Substack thing is turning out to be kind of iffy lol. I will likely just wait for whatever trades that could come out for these series.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
give her the spideyman

And Silk too with Stacey Lee or Gurihiru on art.

Tynion charging $7 for 10 pages bi-weekly that you can only read on the site or a PDF is a terrible deal.

He and the rest won't get a cent from me anyway cause of all the terrible people that substack gives a platform to spread their hate.

Will Ahmed keep writing Miles or is he leaving Marvel?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And Silk too with Stacey Lee or Gurihiru on art.

Tynion charging $7 for 10 pages bi-weekly that you can only read on the site or a PDF is a terrible deal.

He and the rest won't get a cent from me anyway cause of all the terrible people that substack gives a platform to spread their hate.

Will Ahmed keep writing Miles or is he leaving Marvel?

He hasn't said if he's leaving Marvel. Would be weird if he did since he's supposed to be one of the writers for Amazing Spider-Man Beyond.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

(Edit: I don't like how ERA cuts off pictures in tweets. I'll put the pic itself behind spoiler tags since it's big.)

E8cwLtMWUAUh0py

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Substack smells like a scam to me.
It's a scam inasmuch as they're paying these folks big to pull people onto the platform and get that sweet, sweet subscription money to make those upfronts payments worthwhile. Streaming services are operating in much the same way, though you're paying there for a catalog of stuff.

The question will be sustainability, but that's largely Substack's problem. The creators themselves can get in and out.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tom King and Kelly Thompson gonna be running shit.

Unless Tom King decides to make a Substack, too.
King sounds like he's doing something for Image soon and he's definitely got more at DC soon, so I don't think he's going to substack, or if he did it wouldn't be in a major way like some of the others.
Ram V could probably have his pick of books at DC as well.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just started this Red Rising Book series (Legit Novel) and its like The Hunger Games crossed with DOOM 2016 lol. Instead of Catnis Everdene or whatever you get Doom guy on Mars trying to take down the evil Dystopian Golds.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
so i'm reading the Knightfall trades and the Azbat suit is....pretty cool? Even with the edgy extreme design and surplus pouches

Probably says more about the artist talent on the issue who portrays the design as a literal dark knight.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
so i'm reading the Knightfall trades and the Azbat suit is....pretty cool? Even with the edgy extreme design and surplus pouches

Probably says more about the artist talent on the issue who portrays the design as a literal dark knight.
The final confrontation between Azbats and Batman is still one of my favourite Batman moments of all time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like that gold spine.

You could have the gold spine on the Emma cover.

--

Skottie Young clarified that I Hate Fairyland is still at Image Comics and people who sign up to his Substack will see process of its development along with a bunch of other shit he used to post on twitter for free. So essentially it's patreon with more anti trans chuds.

Glad image still has I hate fairyland, and I like Skotties creator owned books a lot (Freeza he said he's still on Strange Academy and isn't leaving)

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Substack smells like a scam to me.
The thing with Substack is that they basically just gave writers a ton of money and told them to take care of everything else including hiring the rest of the creator teams themselves with the money. If it feels like a scam it's because that creator has done a poor job with their roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.