• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
I hope he spends his last days peacefully with family/friends. Guy is a legend for giving us Crisis on Infinite Earths and Wonder Woman

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I know Brevoort said in the past there was zero chance due to legal issues, but Marvel and DC should really put it aside and reprint JLA/Avengers and get some money for Mr. Perez's family before he goes.

I hope he gets honored immensely through both companies. His art will always stay with me.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At least he'll know how much comic fans really loved him in the time he has left.

Fuck cancer.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wanted to also say. I was fortunate to meet the man many times just to kind of hang out. He has a true passion for comics.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh no that's tragic.
Fuck cancer and hopefully he's surrounded by family and loved ones these upcoming month.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
One of the all time greats. Fuck cancer. I truly hope he enjoys his time left with his family, friends and loved ones.

I'd love to see this happening:

But I don't see WB and Disney collaborating, sadly.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Dude was the house style for DC for decades I think, and nobody could cram in hundreds of capes on one page like with the amount of care and detail that he could

This really sucks

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This is so sad. Perez is an absolute legend, and the king of putting hundreds of a characters beautifully into a single 2 page spread.

I hope he's surrounded by love, family and friends.

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
The man is an absolute legend. Fucking cancer. I hope for a miracle. If not that, then at the very least I hope his final months are comfortable.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fuck cancer.

One of the all time greats. Fuck cancer. I truly hope he enjoys his time left with his family, friends and loved ones.

I'd love to see this happening:

But I don't see WB and Disney collaborating, sadly.

Only if every cent goes to his family. Not one penny should go to these mega corporations who benefit from the immense work that George has performed over at DC and Marvel, and who can stomach the cost of printing out said run without worrying about the expense.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
GREAT recent interview with Perez here...

www.gamesradar.com

George Pérez on his fans, his legendary career, and being happy

The late George Pérez talked about the support he received following the announcement of his illness

Besides being a massive talent (literally, one of the best comic book artists of all time), he's also the sweetest, kindest, most generous person you could hope to meet - he genuinely made the world a better place.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
GREAT recent interview with Perez here...

www.gamesradar.com

George Pérez on his fans, his legendary career, and being happy

The late George Pérez talked about the support he received following the announcement of his illness

Besides being a massive talent (literally, one of the best comic book artists of all time), he's also the sweetest, kindest, most generous person you could hope to meet - he genuinely made the world a better place.

jesus, that interview wrecked me. It's also a big testament to how good of a human being he is that he remains graceful, kind, loving and grateful until the very end.
Now leave me, I gotta go cry in the corner 😭

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Moved to hospice

FLrkl6zUYAQUdY7

Marvel and DC agreed to re-release JLA-Avengers in honor of Perez.

RIP.

It may not help anyone else, but I always take some solace that when such a creator goes in the present era, there is much greater recognition and public appreciation than there was for so many of the legendary artists and writers who built the foundation of comics, in their own time.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
He was incredibly talented and had such a huge influence. He leaves behind an amazing legacy.

R.I.P.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
FUCK. Knew it was coming and doesnt make it hurt any less. Absolute legend and an artist that was very special to me and a huge influence as well.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
He passed on Free Comic Book Day. Something like this is only possible because of work of creators like him and how they influenced so many other people and got these characters to where they are today. RIP to one of the sweetest guys who worked in comics.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Comics lost another legend. Big bummer. It's basically impossible for me to not instantly imagine his work when I think of 80's comics.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

This guy's work changed my life. He made a lush, impossibly detailed and always gorgeous world to escape into when my real one as a kid was unbearably grim. So much love and gratitude for his contributions.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Comics lost another legend. Big bummer. It's basically impossible for me to not instantly imagine his work when I think of 80's comics.
Yeah I was gonna say, when I think 80s comics, Perez's art style is the first thing that comes to mind. Up there with legends like Kirby in the medium. RIP.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck cancer.

RIP. What a legend, I'll make sure to go through some of his work later today.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
RIP George Perez. Thanks for being a great human being and for all of the memorable comics memories.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
I met George at least two times at comic conventions and he was very cordial. Signed every comic I put in front of him. A true talent that is now gone.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
RIP to such a legend. He has given us so many iconic moments and was masterclass in throwing in so many characters in a page. My favorite group shot of his, is possibly the Crisis On Infinite Earth cover he and Alex Ross worked on, which is beyond jaw dropping.