• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Gonna be interesting to see what happens when both the bread and the circuses stop.

key

Nov 7, 2017
Well, it's for the best I think. I certainly would've watched if they played the games, but I can accept that this is the most logical, safest choice.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if what is going to happen to seniors. they should be given a year of eligibility but what does that mean for the number of scholarships the school gets for the following year

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it was a pipe dream. I keep seeing the local HS football posting about equipment pick ups for practice soon on FB and I just smh. We couldn't even get little league going when we had less than 10 cases in the county, the minute we opened up, cases exploded, but you're gonna play football? Yea, ok.

OP
OP
Maple

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Two seasons within a couple of months of each other seems bad for the athletes.

A spring season won't happen. I don't think much will change between now and the spring. And like you said, players aren't going to agree to a season that ends in June only to turn around and start fall camp a month later. Next fall is the earliest things could resume.

Unfortunately, a lot of athletic programs at many universities won't survive this drought. Some programs will inevitably go under and won't return. Things will never be the same.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Well, there goes my fall. Football is half my reason to exist between August and January lol

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Been keeping track of this. Only getting to see Fields in Scarlet and Gray for a year is going to suck.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Good, its senseless and would only end in disaster if they tried to play. The NFL will quickly end too, i can't see it getting past week 3.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
AtXboy5.gif

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
So I'm not a College Football Fan. I'll catch the
major games, title games, bowls etc etc. however I am a HUGE NFL fan, a die hard Cowboys fan. And man, I am feeling for die hard College Football Fan's right now. I am desperately hoping that the NFL can get a season in this year. I couldn't imagine not ripping my hair out week in and week out freaking out over the Cowboys.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I feel for the situations of so many kids that this will affect, this had to be done though, I'm honestly surprised they did it there is going to be so much money lost. So many smaller schools not swimming with Booster money rely on the actual seasons to keep their programs afloat

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
If only people took this seriously back in March... Zero safe ways for colleges to have kids traveling for games. Only safe way to do it is to bubble, but bubbling for football is going to be tough.

NFL might be able to do it, but who knows.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
major games, title games, bowls etc etc. however I am a HUGE NFL fan, a die hard Cowboys fan. And man, I am feeling for die hard College Football Fan's right now. I am desperately hoping that the NFL can get a season in this year. I couldn't imagine not ripping my hair out week in and week out freaking out over the Cowboys.

NFL has more room to make dumbass decisions this fall I think.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
I mean nobody was going to touch 2019 LSU ever so there really wasnt a reason to have another season anyway

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I feel for the situations of so many kids that this will affect, this had to be done though, I'm honestly surprised they did it there is going to be so much money lost. So many smaller schools not swimming with Booster money rely on the actual seasons to keep their programs afloat

Yeah this is going to wreck funding for a lot of schools which is really unfortunate. Necessary but unfortunate.

Almost like this entire economic system was predicated on a house of cards!

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

I am seriously wondering what the hell I am going to do on Saturdays this fall. CFB is an all-day thing for me since I do some writing on the side about it.

Gonna miss watching Hawaii football at 1 am.

Oct 25, 2017
As a grad of two sec schools, I'll believe it when I see that conference shut it down. I could even see individual sec schools revolting and playing each other for a few games down there.

The grandstanding by say Alabama politicians is going to be something. Could this be the moment for Doug Jones? Trumpism cancelled football!

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I am seriously wondering what the hell I am going to do on Saturdays this fall. CFB is an all-day thing for me since I do some writing on the side about it.

Gonna miss watching Hawaii football at 1 am.
I feel for ya man. My buddies are big time Penn State fans and they are crushed right now and it's not even official yet. Crushes me to even think about a season without football.

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's about time. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. It would be irresponsible to try to play this year.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
And yes, Trevor Lawrence is currently on one via Twitter.

When you get the Clay Travis stamp of approval you maybe need to rethink what you're advocating for.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brutal for colleges.

College football pretty much pays the bills for schools' entire athletic departments, without that sports will be cut left and right. In addition to that due to title IX, a number of women's sports will have to be kept on to balance out football/basketball rosters. So pretty much every men's sport that isn't football or basketball is on the chopping block.

It's the right thing to do to keep students safe, but there was a big reason schools were so hellbent on trying to make it work. With schools pretty much saying football was more important than academics by trying to get football teams on campus before they were even cleared for normal students.

Kentucky had one of their best teams in a long long time too...