• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are the Chanticleers are real team

• No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Just not possible

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Who throws a shoe?

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • MOD ABUSE

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Every team gonna start playing 6 game seasons now in hopes of getting in lol?

I know they had 9 scheduled but why do that when 6 gets you in...

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
EpsrZWvWwAUb7Vm.png

All of this has happened before.

All of this will happen again.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Playoff really needs to expand ASAP. 8 teams, P5 conference champs, highest ranked G5, 2 at large. Profit.

edit; based off just rankings, an 8 team playoff this year would look like

Alabama
Oregon

Clemson
Oklahoma

Ohio St
Cincinnati

ND
Tex AM

Last edited:

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they put fucking Notre Dame in. Nobody wants to see them lose by 60 to Bama.

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
Well ain't that a load of shit. If we TAMU gets stuck in the cotton bowl one GD more time...I'll just quit watching bowl games. The team that lost to Bama two months ago isn't the same team as today. We saw what ND was last night.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Honestly Cincinnati should've been the 4. But the committee isn't about to do the right thing.

So it goes between ND and A&M. ND beat Clemson, UNC, and BC/Pitt who are both over .500. A&M beat Florida and Auburn, no other wins were over .500+ teams. Their loses are roughly "equal", so going by quality wins I think ND had the edge. The Irish are fortunate Carolina destroyed Miami last week.

On a neutral field maybe A&M blows ND out of the building. But based on their (shitty) criteria, the committee thought ND did more through their season. If the SEC mid tier hadn't completely fallen apart this year A&M almost certainly gets in.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Well ain't that a load of shit. If we TAMU gets stuck in the cotton bowl one GD more time...I'll just quit watching bowl games. The team that lost to Bama two months ago isn't the same team as today. We saw what ND was last night.

You're in the Orange against North Carolina. It was leaked.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Honestly Cincinnati should've been the 4. But the committee isn't about to do the right thing.

So it goes between ND and A&M. ND beat Clemson, UNC, and BC/Pitt who are both over .500. A&M beat Florida and Auburn, no other wins were over .500+ teams. Their loses are roughly "equal", so going by quality wins I think ND had the edge. The Irish are fortunate Carolina destroyed Miami last week.

On a neutral field maybe A&M blows ND out of the building. But based on their (shitty) criteria, the committee thought ND did more through their season. If the SEC mid tier hadn't completely fallen apart this year A&M almost certainly gets in.
Of course it was going to fall apart. With a conference only schedule there was a ZERO SUM game with wins and losses. Auburn and LSU would have winning records as would others in a normal season where OOC was allowed.. Two of ND wins are against teams who only have a winning record because they got to play a non-conference game.

Ohio State was the biggest travesty because they ranked them so high without playing a game. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Whole thing is a sham and no one is allowed in outside of 7 teams.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Im genuinely shocked they put ND in, at least A&M can claim they arent the same team that they were when they got blasted, it might not be true but they can still claim it.

ND are what they are, a team that isnt competitive with #2.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Notre Dame is overrated trash again....truly amazing how long a program can coast on past success. Every year that Notre Dame is ranked high is just eye roll inducing.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Notre Dame is overrated trash again....truly amazing how long a program can coast on past success. Every year that Notre Dame is ranked high is just eye roll inducing.

I'm really tired of them getting so much credit for beating a Clemson that didn't have their QB's on offense and defense. There is a reason why they got the tar knocked out of themselves last night.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I live in Ohio and I don't think there's been a single Cincy game on local coverage.

Nov 2, 2017
this clemson v tOSU game sure has a lot of interesting drama leading into the game.

last years game
Dabo ranking buckeyes 11
Ryan Day locker room video

i dont know if the game lives up to last year's or is even a good game. All depends on Fields, tOSU defense getting pressure and covering wr's and the Buckeyes running game shortening the game.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
this clemson v tOSU game sure has a lot of interesting drama leading into the game.

last years game
Dabo ranking buckeyes 11
Ryan Day locker room video

i dont know if the game lives up to last year's or is even a good game. All depends on Fields, tOSU defense getting pressure and covering wr's and the Buckeyes running game shortening the game.
I'm afraid we're going to get ran out of the stadium. 6 games isn't enough to find the consistency and defensive improvements we typically get in a normal 12 game season. Our defense usually gets better after about game 8 and stiffens up and gels. We don't have that this time.

Although Sermon is peaking at the right time but I'm afraid Fields is more of a liability now since he will try to force things for payback. He needs to use his feet more this time around and stretch their defense for us to even have any hope of a chance.