• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
1029875302.jpg.jpg

Untitled_1.png

6QNbfk5.jpg

usa_today_11212514.1536453952.jpg

JkHF1Ph.jpg

BILLBOARD.jpg

AP Poll
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Georgia
  4. Ohio State
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Wisconsin
  7. Auburn
  8. Notre Dame
  9. Stanford
  10. Washington
  11. Penn State
  12. LSU
  13. Virginia Tech
  14. West Virginia
  15. TCU
  16. Mississippi State
  17. Boise State
  18. Central Florida
  19. Michigan
  20. Oregon
  21. Miami
  22. Southern Cal
  23. Arizona State
  24. Oklahoma State
  25. Michigan State
Games to Watch (all times in EST and rankings AP)

Thursday, September 13
  • Boston College @ Wake Forest , 5:30 PM*
Saturday, September 15
  • Rutgers @ Kansas, 12 PM
Noon slate is trash.

3:30 PM
  • #17 Boise State @ #24 Oklahoma State
  • #12 LSU @ #7 Auburn
  • #4 Ohio State @ #15 TCU, 8 PM
Really not a great week, and Florence (which will apply to the asterisked games) will make it worse- see below.

Full schedules:
Week 3 FBS schedule
Games on TV

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

WTF is Pac-12 After Dark?

#pac12afterdark is where stranger things happen. It's where Washington State will upset USC one week, only to be stomped by Cal a few weeks later. It's where East Coast folks can find a game on after coming home from drinking, no matter how late. P12 After Dark gets batshit enough to deserve its own channel on our Discord. Simply put, P12 After Dark is magical. This EDSBS article, while from 2015, gives a good rundown. MWC games, specifically Hawaii, are brethren to this phenomenon and are thus included here.

This week's P12 After Dark action
  • #10 Washington @ Utah, 10 PM
  • #23 Arizona State @ San Diego State, 10:30 PM
  • Fresno State @ UCLA, 10:30 PM
  • Southern Utah @ Arizona, 11 PM
Florence Watch (stolen shamelessly from here)

As of now, Hurricane Florence looks to be on an absolutely devastating path towards the Carolinas, with landfall likely on Thursday. 20+ games may be affected- see the link. This section will be updated as the week goes on. On a personal note, as you may know I am an NC native still in school here, and my parents are on the coast, with a mandatory evacuation in place for the beach I grew up on. Please keep the entire region in your thoughts this week.

Housekeeping

Weekly pick'em (done as always by the wonderful Karl2177 )
Pick 'em Stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uWAOpQd4dyMlQ3SWTdk5KIgVBthSyHQSUMTSZrrnMUY/edit?usp=sharing

Link to standings: I got distracted by the Destiny expansion this week and didn't fix my oauth bug when uploading to drive. This will be up next week, I promise.

Week 3 games:
FSU/SYR
MIAMI/TOL
RUT/KU
LSU/AUB
USF/ILL
BYU/WIS
DUKE/BAY
ALA/MISS
ORST/NEV
OSU/TCU***
USC/TEX
WASH/UTAH

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/GySuBjEWx29UAJBX2

CFB Era's Official Podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage- Records live in our Discord every Wednesday @ 9 PM EST

The new podcast is now up. Subscribe in iTunes here or find The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice

Episode 55 - Regression to the Meme

We're #talkinbouttheNoles this week as well as things not going well for Sumlin in his first year at Arizona. Stay safe with Hurricane Florence approaching. We also talk about other games from week 2 as well as the upcoming Turd of the Century with Rutgers at Kansas (don't watch that). We think about taking prop bets for how many times Gary Patterson will change his shirt during the OSU vs TCU game at Jerrah World.

We're generally on Discord for live game chat- quote to find the link and join us!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny Hill's a TCU coach?

How long could they get away with it if he suited up at QB on Saturday? Make that a podcast question andycapps

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Look at him.

For the uninitiated, 3rd and Grantham refers to aggressive blitzes on 3rd down and leaving someone wide open for an easy conversion.

It also means when all the defensive players have their hands up in the air trying to get the call until the ball is snapped. This can prove especially problematic when a team runs hurry up against his defenses, though supposedly he has simplified his system over the years.

Kenny Hill's a TCU coach?

How long could they get away with it if he suited up at QB on Saturday? Make that a podcast question andycapps

Okay

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
While picking USCw, I will gloat that I was one of 4 people that picked Duke over Northwestern.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I think Herman has USC right where he wants them.

Mensa thinks 8 levels ahead. And level 7 is almost losing to Tulsa.

Level 8 is losing to USC so that he can come back stronger than ever.

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
TCUs lacking defense will do them in. At least OSUs young defense has a stellar pass rush.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Wunderlich seems to think in that video that it's lack of familiarity with his defense. I'm sure that doesn't help, but you may remember that a long time ago, Grantham was a Saban protege. What Saban and Smart have moved to are much quicker calls to better adapt to HUNH offenses.

Oddly enough you can thank Tom hermann for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
TCUs lacking defense will do them in. At least OSUs young defense has a stellar pass rush.

TCU always has a stellar defense. I am sure they haven't shown any of the kind of looks they are going to be throwing at Haskins so I am pretty worried about them. Their offense I am less so but they looked so damn fast when they played SMU that if Turpin especially gets loose he is gone.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
TCU doesn't have the QB to take advantage of anOSU's secondary. That game's gonna get ugly.

Mack Wilson having foot troubles again. Man, he and Dylan ain't been as dominant as we expected so far, and depth behind them is thin (Kaho's looked great in limited playing time, thanks again Huskies). I'm horrified of what a few more injuries could do to our defense.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until the middle of the season. That's when the real voodoo happens in the Pac12 after-bar games.

Monroeski

Oct 26, 2017
Quotes from our top defensive tackle Broderick Washington regarding the Lamar game -

Q: "After the Ole Miss loss you said that the defense needed that as a wakeup call. How is the momentum after week two now?"

A: "You want my opinion? Honestly, I would've preferred to play two hard teams first, actually three, honestly, and then go in to conference knowing that like – at least having a good sense of where we are as a team and knowing the things that we need to work on."

Q: "So does that essentially mean you didn't learn a lot from playing Lamar?"

A: "Honestly, I feel like they shouldn't have been on the schedule."​

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
LSU beats their second top 10 team of the season this week and should vault to no. 1 in every poll unanimously as a result of such an impressive resume this early on.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
NC State and West Virginia is cancelled. For teams like Nebraska, Iowa State, and Akron who are looking for makeup dates, West Virginia'' bye week is 10/20(but they have a Thursday game after that). NC State's bye week is 10/13.

Dec 24, 2017
Since Colorado beat CSU and Nebraska in back to back weeks, I said I could be happy if they didn't win another game this season.

I lied.

Please don't lose to New Hampshire.

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
Super bummed that our game at NC State was canceled, but it was definitely the right thing to do. Stay safe, everyone in the hurricane path!

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NC State and West Virginia is cancelled. For teams like Nebraska, Iowa State, and Akron who are looking for makeup dates, West Virginia'' bye week is 10/20(but they have a Thursday game after that). NC State's bye week is 10/13.

Iowa State also just got denied by the NCAA to either qualify for bowls with a 5 wins waiver or play a non-scholarship school for #6, so Iowa State vs Nebraska is looking like a closer opportunity each day.

Also, UCF and Nebraska share a bye week this year. Both have games to make up. Would never happen, though.

Man, that's make great TV, but schools like to pretend they don't schedule games for ratings (but totally do)

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have thought a man's man like Larry Fedora wouldn't let a little rain get in the way of football.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa State also just got denied by the NCAA to either qualify for bowls with a 5 wins waiver or play a non-scholarship school for #6, so Iowa State vs Nebraska is looking like a closer opportunity each day.

Man, that's make great TV, but schools like to pretend they don't schedule games for ratings (but totally do)
I know it won't happen, but in theory Iowa State could move their game with West Virginia from October 13 to October 20 and try and get NC State on the 13th. Also there's still a slight chance that we get SDSU back on championship week.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Gary Patterson scared, and thats why our game got moved from home and home to a stupid neutral site game and made our OOC next year trash

Dm5YkckXoAAt1uG.jpg

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article218183355.html#storylink=rss
Urban canceled a home and home with UGA when he got there. Yeah it was ostensibly because of a series that was supposed to happen with the Big 12. But when that didn't happen he could have rescheduled but didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.