Out of the teams that are back, who is the most back?

• Texas

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Michigan

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Florida

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Florida State

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not a lot to argue with here. Recruiting really hasn't great since Urban left. Muschamp was hit or miss depending on position and them McElwain let it slip more. Way too soon to tell on Mullen.
I think Mullen can do it, more so than his predecessors, but he's going to have to outperform with relatively meager talent until he can recruit the QB and line he needs. That looks next to impossible right now.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I think Mullen can do it, more so than his predecessors, but he's going to have to outperform with relatively meager talent until he can recruit the QB and line he needs. That looks next to impossible right now.
The QB might be there next year in Emory Jones. O-line has been a long-term problem for Florida, going back to the end of Muschamp's tenure. McElwain only had 6 scholarship O-linemen for his first spring practice, had to rush to get bodies in, and his S&C program left a lot to be desired.

There will be angst among the fanbase - especially once they realize 2017 for Georgia was not a fluke - but administration will give Mullen time. Florida doesn't fire coaches until it's clear they cannot get the job done, and Mullen has been backed financially ($6MM yearly salary, large pool for assistant pay, major football facility upgrades on the way.)

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't seen too many hot takes about firing Mullen. Just a few.

Grantham though...

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Grantham's catching the heat.

But when their offense is literally just the one guy every play and you still can't stop it, you deserve the heat.

Also, thinking back to the Discord during the Clemson and A&M game had me chuckling.

"Mond is a trash QB."
** throws against his body to the opposite hash for a 40 yard gain **
"Yeah, but he can't hit em in stride!"

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
On the bright side, missing UNC may be a good thing. Can't take another hit to the schedule strength.

When we originally scheduled them they were doing well and were ranked for awhile. Now they're back to their usual mess.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side, missing UNC may be a good thing. Can't take another hit to the schedule strength.

When we originally scheduled them they were doing well and were ranked for awhile. Now they're back to their usual mess.
The committee is going to see that 0-12 UNC on your schedule and remove you from the list.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Yeah, Grantham's catching the heat.

But when their offense is literally just the one guy every play and you still can't stop it, you deserve the heat.

Also, thinking back to the Discord during the Clemson and A&M game had me chuckling.

"Mond is a trash QB."
** throws against his body to the opposite hash for a 40 yard gain **
"Yeah, but he can't hit em in stride!"
I kind of wish I watched more of the Florida game so I could see how many emotional blitzes that Grantham called.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
I stand by my Mond cant hit guys in stride. Nearly every pass over 15 yards that was completed was a guy who had to stand and wait, all the others he overthrew them.
They left so many points and extra yards off the board because of this.

Last edited:

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I stand by my Mond cant hit guys in stride. Nearly every pass over 15 yards that was completed was a guy who had to stand and wait, all the others he overthrew them.
They left so many points and extra yards off the board because of this.

Yeah, you weren't and aren't wrong. A lot of those throws had a helping hand by tall receivers and guys with ups.

It was just funny the way it rolled out. Every time someone criticized him, he would step up and make the play. Almost like he was reading the Discord while he playing.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Lost in all this discussion is that Clemson gave up 430 passing yards. Secondary could be something to keep an eye on, though they won't be tested much in the ACC.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I haven't seen too many hot takes about firing Mullen. Just a few.

Grantham though...

Yeah people are bummed but I haven't seen too many of those.

Now Florida State fans on the other hand... y'all alright? The amount of hot takes I'm seeing about them lately you would think they were 0-10 when they're actually 1-1. I mean, yeah, the first loss was bad and you had a #strugglewin last week against an FCS team but it's crazy how many fans seem to be jumping off the Taggart train already after I was hearing all offseason about how great he was.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Adrian Martinez is day-to-day for the Troy game. I definitely want him to get some more seasoning before the Michigan game in two weeks, so I hope he makes it back for at least a few series on Saturday.

Frost seemed to indicate that a Colorado player may have done something dirty to injure him, too.

Martinez was hurt on a quarterback sweep play in the fourth quarter. On replay, a Colorado player appeared to twist Martinez's right leg. Frost said the play has been turned in to the Pac-12 and Big Ten Conferences.

"We have an angle that doesn't look very good," Frost said of the play. "... I don't know what the intentions were, but the angle out there that I've seen doesn't look good at all."

Fucking Buffaloes if true. This one-sided rivalry used to see our fans getting beer bottles thrown at them during games in Boulder. There is a lot of bad-blood between the fan-bases but Nebraska fans aren't shit and tactless. For another player to purposefully injure another is unacceptable.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017

Now Florida State fans on the other hand... y'all alright? The amount of hot takes I'm seeing about them lately you would think they were 0-10 when they're actually 1-1. I mean, yeah, the first loss was bad and you had a #strugglewin last week against an FCS team but it's crazy how many fans seem to be jumping off the Taggart train already after I was hearing all offseason about how great he was.

FSU *theoretically* has the talent though. Their drop-off is slightly more confusing and surprising.

I also think most people were fairly happy with the Mullen hire and knew he needs time to rebuild. The Jimbo-to-Taggart swap was definitely more abrupt and I'm not sure FSU fans were as bought into Taggart as UF fans were with Mullen.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FSU *theoretically* has the talent though. Their drop-off is slightly more confusing and surprising.

I also think most people were fairly happy with the Mullen hire and knew he needs time to rebuild. The Jimbo-to-Taggart swap was definitely more abrupt and I'm not sure FSU fans were as bought into Taggart as UF fans were with Mullen.

Yeah it helps that he's one of ours. With FSU isn't Taggart the first non-inhouse coach in decades?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it's the first major system shift in a very very long time.

Can't really go too hard on taggert until year two in my opinion. Calling for his head first year is fruitless.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I always say you gotta give a coach at least 4 years, unless something positively downright horrible happens.

Sometimes it's more though, look at Dabo.

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always say you gotta give a coach at least 4 years, unless something positively downright horrible happens.

Sometimes it's more though, look at Dabo.

The rule is 3 years. You get to see how recruiting and coaching has paid off or not. In Dabo's case, he was an interim and needed an offseason to recruit to his vision to get the ball rolling.

With Taggart though? Yeahhhh, he's just bad. If this keeps up, he's gone by year 2.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Taggart getting fired when the FSU linemen recruiting has clearly been problematic for a few years would be stupid as fuck.

I don't think the nigga's great or anything, but no way in hell you fire him for not being able to fix the drop off in recruiting Jimbo clearly let happen before bouncing.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Lost in all this discussion is that Clemson gave up 430 passing yards. Secondary could be something to keep an eye on, though they won't be tested much in the ACC.

That secondary is a gotdamn problem.

I don't think that's been lost though, I've seen quite a bit of handwringing over it.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL

That's simply Jimbo vs Venerables. He always has good schemes against that defense. There wasn't a season FSU got blown out by Clemson.

Taggart was always going to have a short leash with a certain portion of the fanbase. I said in my season prediction that people may underestimate how racist the FSU fans & alumni are.

But yes, Taggart isn't helping his case to have his players dancing before kickoff, then fail to reach the endzone in a nationally televised game. Then turnaround and have to come from behind to win vs an FCS team.

Like bruh, ain't a single damn player on this team won shit at FSU. That "swagger" hasn't been earned.

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Adrian Martinez is day-to-day for the Troy game. I definitely want him to get some more seasoning before the Michigan game in two weeks, so I hope he makes it back for at least a few series on Saturday.

Frost seemed to indicate that a Colorado player may have done something dirty to injure him, too.

Fucking Buffaloes if true. This one-sided rivalry used to see our fans getting beer bottles thrown at them during games in Boulder. There is a lot of bad-blood between the fan-bases but Nebraska fans aren't shit and tactless. For another player to purposefully injure another is unacceptable.

#44 seems to lay down on and twist Martinez' leg after everyone has gotten up. Looked dirty to me

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
PAPN kinda nailed it when they called UGA an older Saban-coached Bama team lmao. Not that their offense is nearly that ancient.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Northwestern win was costly. Daniel Jones is now out 4-6 weeks and our all ACC CB Mark Gilbert's next game will be vs Alabama. yay? Hard to know how that Baylor game will go, assuming the team can actually fly out.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Pick 'em Stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uWAOpQd4dyMlQ3SWTdk5KIgVBthSyHQSUMTSZrrnMUY/edit?usp=sharing

Link to standings: I got distracted by the Destiny expansion this week and didn't fix my oauth bug when uploading to drive. This will be up next week, I promise.

Week 3 games:
FSU/SYR
MIAMI/TOL
RUT/KU
LSU/AUB
USF/ILL
BYU/WIS
DUKE/BAY
ALA/MISS
ORST/NEV
OSU/TCU***
USC/TEX
WASH/UTAH

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/GySuBjEWx29UAJBX2
Not a single person called the Kansas game right. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.