• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Colin Trevorrow Teases New Dino in ‘Jurassic World Dominion’: “I Wanted Something That Felt Like the Joker”

"It just wants to watch the world burn," Trevorrow said of the Giganotosaurus' personality.

The director previewed the new threat in an interview teaser with Empire magazine published Saturday, in which he revealed its name and origins. Called the Giganotosaurus — or "Giga" for short — Dominion's big bad gets its origins from a real-life source. Unlike the prior films' Indominus and the Indoraptor, both born as genetic hybrids, the theropod (or dinosaur characterized in part for its three-toed limbs) was the product of the Late Cretaceous period.

"I wanted something that felt like the Joker," Trevorrow said of Giga's personality as the film's big dino terror. "It just wants to watch the world burn."
I don't even know what that means.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We live in a Jurassic Society?

Reading the quote, Jurassic Park/Movies have just been Kaiju movies since the first one, so fucking whatever. Why not.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What if it talks?

Instantly becomes the second best Jurassic Park movie after Lost World

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
PTLjp3-H-2azl1u-OP9-Nj-Mq-Cr1-epo-Vero-FJBGVmk-APU4.webp

I only watched the first Jurassic World movie. Is the second worth watching?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
you know wanting the earth to burn is probably not a good idea if you're cold blooded

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
So are people only excited for this off the back of the original trio reuniting? I've seen A LOT of positivity surrounding this one in particular, which is odd considering Fallen Kingdom exists.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Also, because I'm a nerd, I looked up Gigantosaurus, and its a sauropod known from only a few bones found in 1869, so if its based on a cretaceous therapod they have stolen the name of a completely different dino.

Is that joker energy?

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rise of Skywalker was so bad that people pretended that this guy was the solution.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Giga's going to drop "you're in my dominion now" and the whole theatre will explode with applause.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding this right?

He picked an actual, historical dinosaur a la Spinosaurus, and wants to give it Joker-motives? To an animal?

That's like making a movie with the villain being a dog who believes in wiping out half of all life in the universe. How is the audience supposed to get that??

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I mean, the spinosaurus was already like a maniac serial killer in 3 so pop off. Day 1 regardless baybeee

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding this right?

He picked an actual, historical dinosaur a la Spinosaurus, and wants to give it Joker-motives? To an animal?

That's like making a movie with the villain being a dog who believes in wiping out half of all life in the universe. How is the audience supposed to get that??
Gotta give it some shifty eyes, just to be sure.

the-simpsons-dog.gif

Oct 27, 2017
His Episode IX would have been bad, but it would have still been better than Rise of Skywalker, probably.

From the first draft he made, it would have been bad in the same way that the prequels were bad: Kind of dumb, but the big ideas were good. Probably better acting (and CGI), of course.