• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Destroying your clothes to "own the libs and support vets".

Rather than donating clothes to homeless vets.

#MAGA

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
How is a guy who doesn't speak nor write English as a first language, able to be more articulate on twitter than the president of the United States?

This dude is weird.

His point is absolutely true, but that first comment on this tweet is on point as well.

Da fuck. I had no idea he had a Twitter presence. And that he's not a total crazy. But it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't always a total nutjob, and that the media portrayed him that way.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
People on this planet are fucking stupid, this is why I prefer animals over people. Burning fucking shoes just because a corporation does something you don't like, give me a break.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Help me out here.

Was it ever about the flag or the troops, or was he protesting trump and racism in general.

Honest question.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Da fuck. I had no idea he had a Twitter presence. And that he's not a total crazy. But it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't always a total nutjob, and that the media portrayed him that way.
I'm pretty sure he's still a nutjob. The twitter presence is PR towards other countries. Lets put it this way, Twitter is still banned in Iran afaik, and the tweet about Serena wouldn't really "fly" if he'd said it on national TV in Iran. I think we've got resident Iranians on Resetera that could give better info, but this probably isn't a thread for that.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know these days you have to take what you can get and see the bigger picture, but there's just something unsettling about this. The fact that someone like Nike is now seen as the good guys because they're effectively marketing this whole thing to make themselves money.

Nike want to show they really give a toss? Stopping making the NFL uniforms, and turn it's back on the league. Can't help but feel they're trying to play both sides. Maybe they're not? Maybe their intentions are good, I dunno.

The shoe burning reactions are hilarious, though.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
The nike were paying Kapernick is such such bad phrasing imo
You know how these nuts think, its actually a feasible interpretation

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Those burning shoes made me think of this awesome JK Rowling tweet to someone saying they'll burn her books and dvd's because she was outspoken against Trump:

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe with all these people dropping Nike maybe I can get some shit I want from the snker app now lol

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
As much as I am all for Kaepernick getting recognition, I can't help but feel a little odd about Nike getting a commercial boost from what is ultimately his struggle for greater social justice for African Americans.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
They're also amplifying his message AND taking a risk.
I'm prepared to accept that I'm completely wrong as I probably am.

Maybe if they'd vocalised support during the time he was being ostracized for protesting, I'd be less cynical.

But the important thing is that Kaepernick's message is resonating and hopefully America will do more to deal with the injustices facing African Americans.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Probably posted already but I couldn't stop laughing over this one.

WadEfCmx_400x400.jpg

Robocop

Jan 25, 2018
Which is even more ridiculous when you look at the number of teams with sketchy QB situations last few seasons. Not a single one of them called.
Most of the information is unknown to me since I don't follow the NFL, but they do seem to very lenient on domestic violence. When a guy takes a knee though? Serious shit.

Oilvomer

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rule number 1 in buisness should be... be apolitical. Nike are big enough to withstand the blowback, but if they start losing contracts, their share holders will be seething

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Number one: once a marine always a marine.
Number two: what the fuck does this have to do with the US Military. Nobody in military is even thinking or talking about this.
For some reason, people think you're like a super patriot when you are in the military and are so loyal to the flag, anthem, etc that they are a part of it and have some kind of ultimate pull on this topic. It don't mean shit. People use it as a status when it benefits them like here and a lot of other circumstances.

I'm saying this as someone in the military.

Rule number 1 in buisness should be... be apolitical. Nike are big enough to withstand the blowback, but if they start losing contracts, their share holders will be seething
Yea, be a spineless company and don't stand for people's values. Nike has made plenty off the success of PoC athletes. If anything, they arent doing enough.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Super Patriot lol

Who got time in the military to be worrying about people kneeling at football game. Maybe I'm missing it around my circles, but I don't see how protesting against perceived injustice has anything to do with the military.
There's plenty of people who are against Kaep in the military, but it's the people you would expect it to be. They also don't know much about 1st amendment rights and low awareness on just about anything on these topics.

Actually, when I was in Cali, pretty much everyone not black on my shift, for a while, had mad hate for BLM. Including Filipinos and Mexicans.

They're still idiots tho.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There's plenty of people who are against Kaep in the military, but it's the people you would expect it to be. They also don't know much about 1st amendment rights and low awareness on just about anything on these topics.

Actually, when I was in Cali, pretty much everyone not black on my shift, for a while, had mad hate for BLM. Including Filipinos and Mexicans.

They're still idiots tho.

What?! Wow, I'm in the Pacific so I guess we all just on outside looking in from here. That or people just being political and keeping their mouths shut.

Edit: damn it's going to be a culture shock once I head back to the US.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kaepernick's stance has made the news in my tiny country several times. It's impressive how a single act of defiance can resonate around the world.

As an American I cringe to hear that our domestic mess is spilling over into airwaves of other countries. I guess the more people who hear about it, the better though.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I've never been a huge fan of Mr Kaepernick, but this is a wonderful campaign and a fantastic message. Bravo, Nike.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
As much as I am all for Kaepernick getting recognition, I can't help but feel a little odd about Nike getting a commercial boost from what is ultimately his struggle for greater social justice for African Americans.
Well it puts his struggle in the news again. This is everywhere right now and I'm from Europe.

Plus he gets paid. It's still capitalism but hey it could be a win win scenario for the brand Nike and the person who is standing up to something.

I'd rather see brands do this than absolutely nothing.