Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
From an non-American perspective this man's actions seem more impressive than those of other activists because he had no group behind him. Am I wrong?

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For me personally, I can't take him seriously. I supported him up until he said he didn't vote and basically said something a long the lines of "both sides being the same." His message for me rang hollow at that point. Good on others for being able to make his message into something more.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
As an outsider, I've never seen a more dignified protest leaving the "right people" foaming at the mouth.

If it hadn't been for that, I'd have no idea who he was because it's a sport I don't follow so, yeah, he's on the right side of history.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, the same people who didn't think so before, will still not think so now.

He's always been on the right side, and those who saw it then, are just reaffirmed during this time now.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, not voting for Dems that pretend to care was a huge mistake.
With razor thin margins in the swing states, I'd say it was a huge mistake in 2016 to promote voter apathy that contributed to Trump winning. Iono, maybe imagine a world where Trump didn't win, like how a competent federal government would have handled the current pandemic.

Though, aside from promoting voter apathy, he's definitely on the correct side of history, he personally sacrificed a lot for a cause that left not just money on the table, but forever a target of conservatives.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
From a non Americans perspective, Colins protest is what has lead to the protests being as big as they are now.

What I mean by that is he did the most non violent, inoffensive form of protest possible and was chastised for it by many. He showed that peaceful protests not only don't get you noticed but on their own just don't work. The riots are a result of decades of being ignored and now when people try to bring up about being peaceful, they can point to Colins example and show how hypocritical those in power truly are.

I don't think we would be seeing so much coverage or support for those protesting now if it wasn't for his efforts.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
When those people say protest peacefully, they really mean shut up and don't protest at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the cutest part is in the wake of the burning of their shitty businesses, now white people and other Republicans want to say kneeling is good. Their tune changed reaaaaal, quick when they saw enough was enough.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
I think the cutest part is in the wake of the burning of their shitty businesses, now white people and other Republicans want to say kneeling is good. Their tune changed reaaaaal, quick when they saw enough was enough.

Yeah I also noticed this in the #walkwithus thread, and after the police chiefs got their "good PR", they start to fire tear gas into the crowds, fucking despicable .

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

They want to take all the knees in the world now but still do fuck all about why he was kneeling in the first place. They don't want to be honest and just say they don't want protest of any kind, they just want things to remain quiet and comfortable for them even if it's at the expense of others