Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
He raised then dated his step grand daughter iirc. That was the red flag for me.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but as I see people speaking about still 'untainted' actors and as not being american I don't follow things as closely as others, what about Clooney ? Has he been outed as an harasser too ?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
VoJbV.gif

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck are there any decent celebrities out there?

Denzel? Keanu?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Well certainly a let down and if this is true then he needs to stay out of acting.. just retire. I hope the women that went through this can find some resolution and justice in it being public.

Beyond that from a personal level. ...and by no means at the same level of what we are talking about here I am so happy I might not ever have to see that Mt Dew Ice commercial ever again.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I sounds like the cliche pervert old man. I hope he hasn't gone further than touching skirts and commenting things.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised by this one. I had always heard about the granddaughter thing but when I brought it up I was often told it was fake news. Aside from that though I never read any blinds about his harassment of people so to hear 8 accusations is pretty crazy.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This is not a Hollywood problem. It's a people problem. When you say "whats wrong with Hollywood", you're talking about it like Hollywood is some isolated case. This goes on everywhere and all the time. We should look at the toxic foundations of society, not try to make a smokescreen surrounding the celebrities who get caught.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
This is not a Hollywood problem. It's a people problem. When you say "whats wrong with Hollywood", you're talking about it like Hollywood is some isolated case. This goes on everywhere and all the time. We should look at the toxic foundations of society, not try to make a smokescreen surrounding the celebrities who get caught.
Just assuming, but I'd guess the ratio between pervert/rapist and normal person is a lot higher in Hollywood. That's what people mean I'd suspect.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I felt like it was known that he was a womanizer. I'm not as surprised by this as I was by a few others.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If some of you aren't offended by this or just see it as him being a perverted old man, just close your eyes and imagine it happening to your wife/sister/mother at work.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I was more surprised that people are surprised about this but I guess celebrity worship is still rampant, I remember GAF and Reddit just kind of looked the other way when the story about his step granddaughter broke.

Really sad.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is there anybody left that's a decent male human being in Hollywood?

I've been saying it for such a long time.

People need to stop being surprised.

Assume celebrities are pieces of shit and be pleasantly surprised when one turns out not to be. It may not be nice to hear, but it takes a particular level of arrogance and selfishness to even get to that level in Hollywood and in most cases, people would have been fucked over on the past to get there.

Stop thinking actors and athletes are people to look up to because in the vast majority of cases, they're not.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Him too?

All these dudes are getting out the paint. I didn't even expect this one.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf like I had been in my own bubble for the last 5hrs Watching boxsets, and don't check social media for 5hrs to read this, wow of all the people i'd never think it would be him.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been saying it for such a long time.

People need to stop being surprised.

Assume celebrities are pieces of shit and be pleasantly surprised when one turns out not to be. It may not be nice to hear, but it takes a particular level of arrogance and selfishness to even get to that level in Hollywood and in most cases, people would have been fucked over on the past to get there.

Stop thinking actors and athletes are people to look up to because in the vast majority of cases, they're not.

Yep; their jobs are literally, to play the pied piper and get people to follow them into a movie theatre and subsequently get paid. The notion that people who are paid to put their best face in front of a camera should inherently be good people is so odd to me but this is a lesson society needs to get a handle on so they can move on and look elsewhere for their inspirations.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

I just realized this is gonna feed DIRECTLY into Fox News and their BS "Disregard all of Hollywood because they are corrupt" bullshit narrative they have been pushing for over a year now.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

I just realized this is gonna feed DIRECTLY into Fox News and their BS "Disregard all of Hollywood because they are corrupt" bullshit narrative they have been pushing for over a year now.

A lot of Hollywood is gross though, this movement is helping get rid of a lot of them and shine a light on it - hopefully the industry will be a better place for women and minorities 5 years from now. As it stands right now most of Hollywood is in a very small very privileged bubble - there's only a handful of celebrities that I actually care about their political leanings and most of them are comedians - and I think it's not the worst idea in the world to look to them for your entertainment and not much else.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Hollywood and fuck all these people who think they're untouchable. I want more of this type of stuff being brought to light. Burn it all down.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A lot of Hollywood is gross though, this movement is helping get rid of a lot of them and shine a light on it - hopefully the industry will be a better place for women and minorities 5 years from now. As it stands right now most of Hollywood is in a very small very privileged bubble - there's only a handful of celebrities that I actually care about their political leanings and most of them are comedians - and I think it's not the worst idea in the world to look to them for your entertainment and not much else.

No I get that Hollywood has plenty of issues.

But Fox News nutjobs like Ingraham, Hannity and Carlson have been using examples like this to try and negate ALL of the good that comes out of Hollywood stars. Their charity work, public outreach etc etc. All of it.

If a star uses their celebrity to speak out against racism, police brutality, or guns then you will hear one of them using an example like this to say "Why should we listen to you people then?" even if the person involved is squeaky clean and not related to the example in any way. And now they have yet ANOTHER example to add to the list and that is just gonna make their moronic followers think that its all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.