• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
i can just imagine her saying nonchalantly out of the corner of her mouth

"nah ive got asthma"

thinking thats some kind of gotcha
"Ok, let's see your inhaler."

I've got family members with asthma, and they always keep one close by. They'd also never go out with a mask because their condition makes them vulnerable to it.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this, if it's a requirement to be at that public space is to wear a mask and for whatever medical condition you can't, shouldn't you be prepared to be challenged by authority and so have whatever formal exemption you should already have to hand?

If you don't have that then wear the mask FFS.

So much wrong in that arrest, but it's not surprising the cop took the strongest action possible. Then again she would have been killed if black and white people witnessing it would be probably cheering...

ps3ud0 8)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Devil's advocate, I fully believe that someone with asthma would be out at a football game in this area. Football is religion here and if they can't watch high school, they'll watch middle school, and if they can't watch middle school they'll watch fifth graders playing flag football.

Her refusal to wear a mask or leave etc. is all on her though.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking disgrace. Put the fucking light cloth over your face. What's the big deal? Worth getting tased over?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Asthma my ass, what a lame duck excuse I'm sorry. My mother has fucking COPD and wears a mask for 8 hours a day at her job.

Bunch of whiney fucks.

I have asthma. So do at least two of my co workers (they don't even do anything to control it, just deal with it. I'm on meds to keep it under control <- bad for your lungs to just deal with it). We wear masks at work. The masks don't do a thing to aggravate my asthma (my cat does).

I'm almost waiting for a customer to use that excuse on me... except I know my business would frown on me telling them so do I rather than point out the masks we have for customers or offer curbside pickup or sadly just let them in if they refuse both those options (on the other hand I don't get paid enough to get hit or shot at if they refuse so part of me is glad of the policy of try to politely get them to wear one but don't argue the matter).

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those other people around and the guy filming were so close to getting it.

They won't, of course.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
"I don't have to show you because HiPAA!!! I'm gonna sue you ya damn rent a cop!!!"

HIPPA also says we don't have to make an exception for you for wearing a mask requirement.... (yes, HIPPA does not actually require us to allow people to come in maskless if they have a condition as the health of all supercedes that. We are required to offer other options though like curbside pickup. Not sure what they could have offered for watching a game... maybe have some one stream it for her so she can watch at home?).

Oct 3, 2019
I thought these people backed the blue and whatnot. Shouldn't she have been cheering the resource officer on as he drew his taser?

Black cop arresting a white woman. Totally different. /s

I wonder if that stupid chud filming it would have felt differently had the races been reversed.

Generally I don't like tasers being used unless a serious threat is being presented. But I find it hard to have any sympathy here.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, if you're asthmatic wearing a proper / paper mask has a high likelihood of preventing you from inhaling irritants that might precipitate an attack. We give all of our patients, even those hospitalized with asthma / COPD exacerbations paper masks to wear when staff comes in the room.

Instead of making up that bullshit excuse, she should've saved everyone time and just said, "nah, I'm an idiot".

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Black cop arresting a white woman. Totally different. /s

I wonder if that stupid chud filming it would have felt differently had the races been reversed.

Generally I don't like tasers being used unless a serious threat is being presented. But I find it hard to have any sympathy here.

Now: She's just trying to watch her kid's football game.

If Reversed: Look at all the commotion she's making. Why is she making a scene? Just comply.

This is frustrating to watch because we all know.....WE KNOW...that everyone there balking at this scene is a Blue Lives Matter dipshit.