• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
One voted for the Iraq War on multiple occasions and even praised Bush for leading a completely fake "war" that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, but the other hung out with Commies or something, so fuck him!
Oh shit! Right, I forgot! Darn commies.

Oct 27, 2017
If you genuinely feel insulted by anything I have said, then you may need to step away from the computer for a while. In no way was I saying anything hurtful or harmful directly to you. The headline put out by CNN reads exactly as fact, which is disingenuous and obvious, and to deny that is nothing but head-in-the-sand tactics that centrists have been using since 2016 and before. The idea that the media is always impartial is laughable at best, and proven otherwise every single day.

And no, I do not think that CNN would do enough to figure out the credibility of said statement because the vagueness of it is exactly why we're discussing it in the first place. It is working, for better or worse, exactly as intended.

Again, I apologize if I upset you, truly, but this is hardly a new trend from outlets like CNN and to deny it literally is just ignoring actual fact at this point. Corporate media does not benefit from a Sanders presidency, or even a Warren one really. Why do you think they pushed Klobuchar so hard despite her voter base being practically nonexistent? They want this infighting among the two most left-leaning of the current candidates.

1. You were definitely insulting me, or at least my arguments. I'm not bothered by it. I'm trying to explain to you that you haven't earned the right to call me sensationalist or ignorant, because your own arguments are poor and largely off topic to what I was responding to. My point is that your bluster is largely sound and fury, aimed at the wrong person.

2. Everything else you said is not relevant to my point. You want to have this debate, but you need to find someone who is actually having it. I am not and never was.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Can we not do the fake news thing on the left? CNN is sensationalist, but their reporting is pretty standard.

We're not talking about Trumpsim levels of "anything i dont like is fake news". We're talking about acknowledging the reality that corporate media has a clear elitist bias and will sensationalize and prioritize clicks and narratives for their chosen end, which is usually something to do with profit or their own elite club.

And you would think she would know better. But him repeating it is some Peggy hill level tone deafiness

Your right, i'm sorry. Steinem also said that young women who supported Bernie only did so to get men....she isnt one i should be quoting.

But "proof" is nebulous...i could point out his entire professional career of activism and congressional views and statements, but would that really change the mind of someone who is convinced he hates civil rights or is apathetic to them, the guy who quotes MLK's intersectional bonafides literally every second and worships the ground eugene debbs walks on

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie Sanders' entire involvement in the Civil Rights movement was at his campus chapter of CORE in Chicago and SNCC. Did some good work, but he's not a titan of the civil rights movement if that's what you're suggesting. Let's not act like he's a white John Lewis.

Mentioning that he marching and got arrested once reeks of desperation to prop him up, in my eyes.
Who's acting like he's a white John Lewis? No one. He doesn't need to be John Lewis to not look down on social justice or identity politics, which he obviously doesn't.

It's not desperation to point out how what you're saying is nonsense.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
Wow here we go. 2020 is on us, very interested in what Warren says. This is shady declining to comment so long. And I like Warren as much as Sanders.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
This shit should be threadmarked given massive amounts of posts saying that the story is fake.
no one is questioning that two Warren staffers accused Bernie of saying that "a woman could never be president"

Even in this NYT story, they've softened the language considerably. It's really impressive ratfucking technique

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
He's the only one who wants to let felons vote, he's the only who wants to break up ICE, he goes the farthest of any democrat on school desegregation plans.

If you don't think he does enough for social justice, than you'd have to think the same about every other democrat.

pretty much. The only thing i can think of that he hasnt addressed in the white institution is the concept of cash payments a month

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1. You were definitely insulting me, or at least my arguments. I'm not bothered by it. I'm trying to explain to you that you haven't earned the right to call me sensationalist or ignorant, because your own arguments are poor and largely off topic to what I was responding to. My point is that your bluster is largely sound and fury, aimed at the wrong person.

2. Everything else you said is not relevant to my point. You want to have this debate, but you need to find someone who is actually having it. I am not and never was.

You didn't have any arguments to insult. You literally said it "doesn't really matter" to you that CNN would put out a headline like this, despite it being a major issue in mainstream media as a whole. If it benefits whoever you support though, I suppose it's worth it, or something.

Regardless, we need to wait until we hear an official statement from Warren. No point in talking circles without some actual evidence or at least a statement.

Aug 12, 2019
It's rather simple.

His class-based economic policy agenda ignores the concerns and unique experiences of Black Americans. Especially when it comes to the universal policies of minimum wage, tuition and medicare. He acknowledges the intersectionality of racial and economic inequalities but when he opines on racial inequality he glosses over things like infant/maternal mortality, wealth gap, criminal justice etc with vague words and no targeted ideas to properly address them.

Sorry Bernie, not impressed.

I understand not all of those policies solve the issues that African Americans face, but how would any of those not be significant improvements for African Americans? Medicare for All, Free Public Tuition, and increased wages all stand to significantly help out African American communities by giving them more access to capital that they can utilize in their day to day lives. Making the system work for everyone regardless of career, race, gender, etc. will stand to benefit them since minorities have typically been more disenfranchised by traditional conservative (and blatantly racist) policies or just straight denied access to certain institutions in the US.

I mean, yes, it's not directly addressing additional things that would need to be addressed, but healthcare, education, and wages across the board stand to at least start making a sizable dent in the current status quo, right?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
lol bullshit

The moderates are freaking out and trying to do anything they can to smear him now that he's gaining momentum.

The dark cloud of sexism has been lurking over the bernie campaign since long before last election. This is now new. Hell, it was a talking point of his supporters. That bernie would be able to take votes from trump that hilary (who they added was basically a republican) would somehow not.

This is not new. Every few months some problematic shit comes from the sanders campaign. It was how long ago they had to retract their endorsement of a genocide denier?

Oct 27, 2017
No one is saying Bernie said that a woman could never win the presidency. The alleged statement was limited to running against Trump, whatever it was.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I think Bernie's phrasing is probably what was said: that Trump would do whatever ugly means to win.

However it's not far off, and many on here have said the same, for him to say it would be more effective on a woman candidate, making the race harder for them.

As for the above being twisted to women can't be president? Again, people on here have said it casually. I doubt Bernie went that far.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
NYT confirms that Bernie is massive misogynist, says that women shouldn't be in politics

ERA poster: this feels totally right to me

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Welp this is how they win. Divide and conquer

Warren and Bernie should just meet face to face and hash this shit out

But i have a sneaking suspicious that the emotional bases in each camp are now hardwired to fight each other.

We keep this shit up and we get another 4 years of trump

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Feel like the stakes for this debate are way higher than they were just a couple of hours ago. My stomach is gonna twist into knots.

Ugh.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
And the Democratic Party continues eating itself. Smh.

Competition is competition, but ratfucking is something else.
Right, a guy who's spent his entire life's work on improving the lot of the working class and the poor isn't interested in social justice, sure.

do you even hear yourselves?

This guy supported trans people in the 80's when you couldn't depend on most elected Democrats to support gay marriage in ten years ago. It's so deeply cynical to parrot this idea that it's "expected" that he's bad on social justice. He's one of the few people in his entire profession that has been unflappably dedicated to social justice in all forms since before 30 minutes ago.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Quote me on this:

Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING would be better for CNN's ratings than for Trump to win a second term.

You think they won't bend the truth and sensationalize things to get there?

Give me a break.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp this is how they win. Divide and conquer

Warren and Bernie should just meet face to face and hash this shit out

But i have a sneaking suspicious that the emotional bases in each camp are now hardwired to fight each other.

We keep this shit up and we get another 4 years of trump

Weren't around for 08 were you?

I guess it makes sense, so many people on ERA don't really care about politics and ignore everything till like 2012 started or something.

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This seems no different than the CNN and NYT's pieces? Warren told staffers about the meeting, they then told their version to the media.

Buzzfeed trying to paint this story as coming directly from Warren is disingenuous.
Wow this is misleading as hell. Nowhere does the article say Warren spoke to buzzfeed directly.

To be clear, neither the article or the tweet or my post is claiming this. Buzzfeed has sources who say they heard the story of this meeting directly from Warren in the weeks after it happened. This is relevant in the sense that Bernie's response accused staffers who hadn't been there of making it up.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Only read the first 10 replies or so, but half of them are proof of how the cult of Trump and the cult of Bernie are two sides of the same coin. Literally the same "the establishment is trying to hold Bernie down!11!" drivel that Trump idiots screamed in 2016.

A Bernie/Trump election would be absolutely insufferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.