Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I really have to question the motives of anyone who calls this an "attack"
EOFQ-ZSW4AIjXA8
It is incredibly disappointing how the Warren campaign and some of her supporters have reacted to this absolute non-story.
Really incredible and just yesterday the Twitter discourse was that Bernie was using staff and surrogates to "attack" Warren indirectly. Then this happens lol

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
It is incredibly disappointing how the Warren campaign and some of her supporters have reacted to this absolute non-story.
The song and dance around this non-story non-attack was extremely telling. The usual suspects here shrillingly demanding accountability was nauseating yesterday.

Seeing that we went directly from Obama to having open White Supremacists occupying the WH makes me feel like America wasn't ready if that was the reaction.
This is defeatism. You don't decide your actions based on how your enemies will react

Aug 12, 2019
If Warren wanted to be responsible (and assuming that this is some horribly mangled version of a conversation that media pundits are running with), she could stand side by side with Bernie (since the ball seems to be in her court for a response at this point) tomorrow night and once again declare that they're unified in improving the US by fighting issues and the wealthy and have them both put down this "feud" before it even gains enough traction to go anywhere.

We can't afford to have the most progressive candidates fighting one another, and what we're seeing today is already troubling in that regard and I really hope cooler heads prevail. I need one of these two at the helm come November for crying out loud despite the fact I'm a bigger Bernie supporter, but Warren is a close second choice.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Warren needs to respond immediately, esp. since these are some pretty bad remarks.
Warren is my #1 choice, but she really needs to comment on this directly. I have a hard time believing Bernie spoke as is characterised. I can see it being a distortion of some commentary on the subject, esp. in regards to the primaries. Democrats do have a sexism problem too. It's pretty clear from how quickly some have gone to seeing Clinton being a woman as the mistake last election, and how Buttigieg is the 2nd choice of Sanders' male supporters.
giphy.gif

As a male Bernie supporter, I don't even know how I'd be able to pick Buttigieg as my second choice; man's nakedly opportunistic, plain and simple. For all my problems with him, I at least know where Biden stands on issues, while Pete's could change depending on where the winds are blowing. In fact, these two fighting one another is sad, because Warren is my second pick after Bernie.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So people think Warren is a liar or

The articles say volunteers from Warren's campaign. I want Warren to comment on this because I'd believe her over the volunteers. Currently we have the volunteers who made the claim, and Bernie who denies. I'd give more weight to Warren if she comments so I hope she does as that would confirm or deny the statement for many.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

I think so, yes, and I'm a Warren supporter. She'll probably deny it if it happened, but this second hand stuff is always tricky to track down.

As for Bernie getting more critical press ... well, when you're the front runner and you've dodged this kind of stuff since 2016 because it's been Hillary or Biden or Warren or Pete in the driver's seat ... it's going to happen, you should expect it and you should have a plan ready to go to deal with as much as you can, knowing there are going to be curve balls like this.

Shit is going to get ugly. It always does. And as an ex-journalist, the one thing I can tell you will get them to actually dig in after you is if they believe you're covering something damning up. Trump is especially bad at doing that (not to mention he actually has shady shit, far far more than Bernie or Warren have)

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I would agree that he believes in policy above all but that he doesn't care about identity is a little far fetched.

Sanders and aoc progressives belive in what is known on the political scale as intersectionalism. So neither class nor identity to the exclusion of the other and intra racial and class solidarity against racial and non racial class and general social conflict.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
If Warren wanted to be responsible (and assuming that this is some horribly mangled version of a conversation that media pundits are running with), she could stand side by side with Bernie (since the ball seems to be in her court for a response at this point) tomorrow night and once again declare that they're unified in improving the US by fighting issues and the wealthy and have them both put down this "feud" before it even gains enough traction to go anywhere.

We can't afford to have the most progressive candidates fighting one another, and what we're seeing today is already troubling in that regard and I really hope cooler heads prevail. I need one of these two at the helm come November for crying out loud despite the fact I'm a bigger Bernie supporter, but Warren is a close second choice.

It's clear that she doesn't. The media will run with this for a cycle and it's easy dirt on your opponent. Real sleazy move.

Four people quoted what Warren told them, Warren was in the meeting, she told people what was said. Bernie has already responded to it, Warren hasn't said it's not true, don't you think she would?

If it was true why would she not comment?

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The song and dance around this non-story non-attack was extremely telling. The usual suspects here shrillingly demanding accountability was nauseating yesterday.

It's funny how just by reading the replies to anything Sanders related on her you know exactly who the posters are without looking at the usernames...

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing that we went directly from Obama to having open White Supremacists occupying the WH makes me feel like America wasn't ready if that was the reaction.
yeah no. If it were true, that America wasn't ready for Obama, the reaction would have happened in 2012 to keep him from a second term. It didn't. And Hilary won the popular vote in 2016.

Sure, there is a chance four people who were told about it are all lying.
What are you doing here?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."
Yeah the first one i could buy and something that's probably taken out of context

The second one sounds weird from him

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
The man lost against Hillary who then won the popular vote in 2016. It would make zero sense for Bernie to say what CNN is reporting. He knows a woman can win a presidential election.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
admitting it was misinterpreted or incorrect hurts Warren because this comes from her camp, and not saying anything allows it to hurt Bernie. but if she doesn't respond by tomorrow she will have to for the first time during the debate, and that would only work in Bernie's favor

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Sanders and aoc progressives belive in what is known on the political scale as intersectionalism. So neither class nor identity to the exclusion of the other and intra racial and class solidarity against racial and non racial class and general social conflict.

It's funny how intersectionality became such a buzzword for the very people who can't comprehend what it means. The very people who spend most of their waking hours attacking these two for adhering to it.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
yeah no. If it were true, that America wasn't ready for Obama, the reaction would have happened in 2012 to keep him from a second term. It didn't. And Hilary won the popular vote in 2016.

What are you doing here?
Trying to paint people who don't think Bernie said that as misogynists.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Warren needs to respond immediately, esp. since these are some pretty bad remarks.

giphy.gif

As a male Bernie supporter, I don't even know how I'd be able to pick Buttigieg as my second choice; man's nakedly opportunistic, plain and simple. For all my problems with him, I at least know where Biden stands on issues, while Pete's could change depending on where the winds are blowing. In fact, these two fighting one another is sad, because Warren is my second pick after Bernie.
Yeah, it's crazy. The two couldn't be any more different. On bottom of the long list, I'd take Biden over Buttegieg any day of the week. Biden's an experienced known quantity whose problems have been out in the open for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.