Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
42fbc081f0f05f1c5571d3d154179b9d.png

I want to see what those fervent defenders of him in this thread have to say about this.

So woke

gp84yrfoohmx.jpg

It's depressing that Cliffy is throwing literally all vulnerable groups under the bus and going "they're the ones you should blame for your games not being fun, not me". Stoking hatred just to deflect the failure of one of your products. How low do you have to be?

This is a good post. That said, there is a point I'd like to mention:

In Gears 4 (time after Cliff), Kait is gifted Anya Stroud's armor (shown in that picture) by her husband, Marcus Phoenix. So, that is, in essence, amour from Gears 3.

Gears 5 sees a departure from design disparity seen here between male and female COG armors after Act I:

Act 1 showing old armour:

EuFQl2T.jpg

After that:

Ice condition:

QCTU3OH.jpg

Desert condition:

mEkfmKN.jpg

Presumably, this is what Cliff was referring to.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I want to see what those fervent defenders of him in this thread have to say about this.

This is a good post. That said, there is a point I'd like to mention:

In Gears 4 (time after Cliff), Kait is gifted Anya Stroud's armor (shown in that picture) by her husband, Marcus Phoenix. So, that is, in essence, amour from Gears 3.

Gears 5 sees a departure from design disparity seen here between male and female COG armors after Act I:

Act 1 showing old armour:

EuFQl2T.jpg

After that:

Ice condition:

QCTU3OH.jpg

Desert condition:

mEkfmKN.jpg

Presumably, this is what Cliff was referring to.
I'm not sure I understand (I don't know the Gears story, etc.). Cliff's interpretation of Gears 5 as "woke" is gender neutral armour?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
<snip>
He just so clearly doesn't think his actions past Step One.

Being progressive or "woke" is not a bad thing--except when it's serving some ulterior motive, which feels so evident here.

Whether or not he means it, he's communicating that being an "ally" (another term that has problematic definitions) had a negative effect on his product/art. It's just a shallow read and feels way too black-and-white.

Aug 28, 2019
Regardless of whether Bleszinski is talking about the game or his promotion of it, the end result is the same: this is a significant industry figure throwing their weight behind the asinine "get woke, go broke" narrative. The post is all framed around his own actions. He's saying that (making an inclusive game / talking about inclusivity*) was a major factor in his studio failing and he regrets doing it. He regrets it. He is not blaming his audience for being hateful, regressive trash; he is apologizing to that audience for not coddling them enough. And he's using all that as bait to lure that same audience to purchase his upcoming book, because he knows they'll jump like trained seals at the promise of industry validation - especially from a contrite SJW admitting that Gamergate is the law in this town.

This is irresponsible at best, opportunistic and two-faced at worst.

* I mean, assuming he actually did any of that. I never heard about it, probably because I barely heard anything about this game at all.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Regardless of whether Bleszinski is talking about the game or his promotion of it, the end result is the same: this is a significant industry figure throwing their weight behind the asinine "get woke, go broke" narrative. The post is all framed around his own actions. He's saying that (making an inclusive game / talking about inclusivity*) was a major factor in his studio failing and he regrets doing it. He regrets it. He is not blaming his audience for being hateful, regressive trash; he is apologizing to that audience for not coddling them enough. And he's using all that as bait to lure that same audience to purchase his upcoming book, because he knows they'll jump like trained seals at the promise of industry validation - especially from a contrite SJW admitting that Gamergate is the law in this town.

This is irresponsible at best, opportunistic and two-faced at worst.

* I mean, assuming he actually did any of that. I never heard about it, probably because I barely heard anything about this game at all.
Well put. Weak apologies are just as bad as advocation in this case.