• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Response from Era staff

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
When we verify a rumor we normally never elaborate publicly on what evidence we're shown, in order to protect the careers of the people involved, and to ensure that others can feel confident in approaching us with information. In this case however we have no choice but to be more specific because our own integrity has now been called into question.

In November of last year the OP showed us scripts that were allegedly used in the VO casting for Life is Strange 3. Note that this member changed their username from Bingo to Bing (along with other account details including location) before posting their previous thread.

unknown.png

Proof2.png

They provided the name of one of the outsourcing companies involved and the details appeared to line up. We judged that the length and detail of the script was convincing, and so we gave them permission to post about Life is Strange 3 at their discretion. To ensure their security we did not save copies of the script. We were never shown anything pertaining to a Life is Strange 4, which is why our staff post in the previous thread mentioned only 3.

Needless to say we hate having to put this out there, but if you want to post leaked/insider information then you do so at your own risk, and later backpedalling and throwing our staff under the bus is not acceptable. It puts us in a position where we have no choice but to respond.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
User banned (permanent): lying to users about their interactions with staff concerning insider information, by now pretending to have made up the information
Hey all, I just wanted to clarify why I asked for the last thread I made about info I had heard about Life is Strange 3 to be closed. The reason I asked for it to be closed was I realized that my source's info simply came from stuff she had read online, which I had assumed to be sourced better.

For example, the info about the game was from this random reddit comment, the info about Deck Nine developing a third game was from this tweet, the info about Life is Strange coming to switch was taken from a podcast, the info about it being developed in Unreal Engine 4 came from a Gematsu article, the info about Life is strange 3 being released soon came from a resetera comment, etc. etc.

I realized that my post was incredibly unsubstantiated and based on random rumors, so I asked for the thread to be closed. It wasn't my intention to misinform anyone or spread misinformation, and I didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. For what it's worth I am a life is strange fan and I would be excited to see a new game. Again, I am extremely sorry for my previous thread being unsubstantiated and based on random rumors.

Dec 2, 2017
Is this the post that claimed we'd get another game with Max and Chloe? I believe Nate has already said the first game is coming to switch.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What did you provide to Mods then that lead them to allow the thread?

No problem, just curious!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Massive respect for doing this clarification. Thank you so much.
And even this might be just rumors, this could end up being true.

Minus the Max and Chloe sequel. That seems a bit too hard to believe lol

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now I want to know what was presented to the mods that made this seem legit, because it seems like it'd be relatively easy for a bad actor to take advantage to post garbage intentionally.

Appreciate you being upfront about the info being less reliable than you originally thought, though.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm glad you made this thread to clear everything up, thanks for that.
It does make me doubt the validity of mod verification though, I'm just going to treat all info the same from now on. Verified or not.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I feel like this raises a valid question about how mod verification of leaks works.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Another success story by Era's verification.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this info get verified by admins/mods? This is kinda concerning. I understand shit can't be perfect but it seems like the verification process really needs to be reworked.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet questioning people with "mod verification" still gets people warned/banned
Seriously?? idk much about the mod verification process let alone who's verified but it seems really unfair to ban anyone who doesn't buy into it. Like how am i supposed to know who's legit and who isn't when there's no list, tag, any signifier of anyone being a legit leaker AND there's been several prominent false verifications in the past few weeks alone?

this seems really unfair. damn.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
At least there's hope for there not being another Max and Chloe game. Thank goodness.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Honestly I feel like the Era mod verification thing should never have been a thing, anyway.

It lends undue credibility to rumors from people who, I will be blunt, are not trained to or experienced at investigating sources or fakes. Anyone can be fooled, even old hands at it, but it's weird that there's a rubber stamp for "This person has sources!" even when that person outright admits their sources were making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.