• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chun-Li or Cammy

• Chun-Li

Votes: 804 68.0%
  • Cammy

Votes: 378 32.0%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
(Not a waifu thread).

So this is a follow up to my Ryu vs Ken thread but focusing on the leading ladies of Street Fighter, Chun-Li and Cammy White. In terms of gameplay, story, etc who do you like more between the two,

Chun-Li:

sf2_07.jpg

aRqVHd0jm9faMz_wuYLgGZjmhkUd_3L3s0Q5BphUvw0.jpg

Cammy:

sf4h_02.jpg

featured-cammy-2.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chun Li is Chun Li. Probably the greatest female fighting game character ever.

Cammy I honestly find to be boring. She's someone that I think could really grow in a SF game that has 0% Shadaloo in it but idk if Capcom would be willing to pry her away from Bison and the Dolls (the latter of which needs to seriously go away and never come back. I'm so tired of the Dolls).

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I think they're both really cool and have great designs, but Cammy's character is just kinda boring I find. Love them both to death though

Oct 29, 2017
Cammy is FAR more my speed in playstyle, so I picked her.

In every thing else, though, Chun is equal or better.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Since OP specified this isn't about character design but rather gameplay, I voted Cammy. Chun-Li is obviously the more iconic of the two, but I hate her motion inputs.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I've always disliked Cammy. I did enjoy her daft instant air dive kick combos in SFIV but I don't particularly enjoy playing as her and I hate fighting against her.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I'm biased since Cammy's my main in multiple games and fits my playstyle better.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I love Cammy's moveset. I chose her as my SFIV main before I understood she was a top tier character because she felt so amazing to play.

I wish her design was a bit better, though.

Chin Li is a better design, I just don't find her moveset as fun. She is about 10x more iconic, too. She'll probably win the poll with a huge margin.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This is a much closer poll than I would have assumed. Chun LI is so iconic of the game, and especially of the SF2 era.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One killed an innocent man, the other fought off Vega in a nightshirt.

I think it's clear who's the winner here.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
As a character I prefer Chun Li but for me to actually use it's Cammy. I've never really got on with Chun Li's moveset, she often has charge moves or worse charge supers and I could never button bash fast enough to get the lightning kicks consistently either. Even in versions of the game where that stuff is simplified I still don't have a clue how best to use her.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cammy.
If this were the mid-90's, I probably would have said Chun-Li. As the mechanics and story evolved over the years, Cammy fit more my style, and I also think Cammy is far more interesting than Chun-Li.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Chun-li is the best, she has it all. Great pokes, a unique look, a unique fighting style, top tier throw game.

Cammy is just a vessel for a really good standing MK poke. And a top tier theme.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Cammy is my old main in Street Fighter outside of Karin so it's a bit one sided for me.

Cannon_Spike.PNG

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chun-li for sure. She's an icon, dubbed The First Lady of fighting games.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I love them both, and refuse to choose. That said, Cammy is typically one of my mains in every game she's in.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like Cammy at all and never play her.

Love charge characters so I play Chun Li in some games.