Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Yep. There's a reason Mitsuda put himself into the hospital working on it.
and it blows my fucking mind that CT was his first soundtrack.

The man gave us Wind Scene, Frog's Theme, Battle with Magus, Schala's Theme, motherfucking Corridors of Time and To Far Away Times IN HIS DEBUT WORK.

It's amazing. Even if he had never worked in Chrono Cross or Xenogears (and I'm so glad he did) it would've been enough for him to be considered among the top.

There are lots of details like that in the soundtrack. For example, World Revolution alternates between an arrangement of Lavos' Theme and an arrangement of Chrono Trigger's Main Theme, reflecting the fact that the battle is a battle between Lavos and Crono's party.

absolutely, that's why I love it so much. And World Revolution is a better "final battle" track than the actual final battle track hahaha

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Some of these revised track names is gonna fuck up years of my carefully organized last.fm.

Oh well, it is worth it!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
fuck me, this Schala's Theme arrangement is absolutely gorgeous. I'm... shook. It hit me right in the feels. Like, I've been listening to it for the past... dunno, 20 or so minutes, non stop, misty eyed.

k4mon

Oct 28, 2017
Wrocław / Poland
That's fantastic. Now with Scars of Time on Spotify I can almost move my VGM playlist there. Only the Nier soundtracks missing...

By the way, I think it's definitely time for some Chrono Cross Remastered.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, you're correct. Whatever version theyre using on spotify is probably the DS version. You can tell by the bonus tracks at the bottom, which are from the DS version as well. Everything kinda sounds hollow and lacks bass that the SNES version has. Its subtle, but if you've been listening to the original CD version for years and then listen to this, you can tell.

Chrono Trigger DS soundtrack
You can tell from the tracklist as well, also the fact that its cover art is orange.

Spotify = DS soundtrack.

I'm not big on the DS version in general, but this is yet another mark against it in my book lol

I could tell instantly it wasn't the quality I was hoping for, but at least Cross is good!

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Grrr, I want this on Google Music! Wait... I can upload music to my Google, can't I? Gotta find my CDs!

And yes, I don't have Spotify Premium, because I have YouTube Premium or whatever its called (no ads on youtube!) and it comes with google music.

Fortunately, unlike the Final Fantasy stuff Square put on Spotify recently, the Chrono soundtracks are on Google Music too! :D
Shame they didn't upload the CT Brink of Time album, though.

Chrono Trigger OST
Chrono Cross OST
To Far Away Times