• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Jinping da Pooh...Jinping da Pooh.... tubby little dictator stuffed with fluff he's Jinping da Pooh

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
So if you legally change your name to Winnie T. Pooh will they be forced to scrub you from all their systems?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
63506-kybkgitrig-1500444937.jpg

guys stop

he's gonna remove the memes

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going after DOTA / Dragon Knight next:

They invented a lot of nicknames for Xi, and using the nickname to avoid the stupid censorship. The most famous nickname of Xi is 包子(i.e. Baozi, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baozi ). The source of this nickname is from a propaganda show that Xi went to a Baozi restaurant to eat Baozi with citizens ( https://www.economist.com/china/2014/01/04/a-new-flavour ). Since then, people start to use Baozi to refer to President Xi on the internet. So Dotaers in china also use this nickname when they talk about Xi on the Dota forum. Unfortunately, the officials were not too stupid. They started to ban the word Baozi shortly after that time. But there was a lucky coincidence in the Dota forum. LFY.Super (https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Super), a famous professional player, also have the nickname Baozi, and he was given this nickname even earlier than President Xi. His name is 谢俊豪(Xie Jun-hao). Dotaers start to use Xie Jun-hao to instead of President Xi on the Dota forum and the stupid officials hardly know what does it mean.

[..]

But the Dotaers in sgamer are evil genius and they invented a wonderful way to bypassing the censorship. The first estate people, aka princelings, are called hero. Ordinary people, aka rich and poor people, are called neutral creeps. Rich people are called Satyr(strong creeps) and poor people are called Kobolds(the weakest creeps). Billionaires are called ancient creeps but they are still not heros. Princelings is called hero, but usually we use Dragon Knight. There're three wonderful coincidences here. First, the dragon has always been a symbol of the emperor in China. Second, Dragon Knight have "Dragon Blood" which was got from Heredity. Third, LFY.Super is good at playing Dragon Knight, and LFY.Super==President Xi.

Many memes are produced under this setting. An example here, in Feb. 2018, the Chinese parliament amended its constitution and removed presidential term limit, thus Dotaers said: "Icefrog is adding aghanim to DK to grant permanent dragon form".

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
We need the western world to make an unholy Winnie the Pooh and Peppa Pig to create the ultimate symbol of chinese counter culture.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
these "leaders" are so thinskinned. i cant believe china removed limits from this guy.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was about to create a topic because I wanted to add to the discussion but I saw this topic exists. I read the BBC article and I am shocked at how delicate this man is. It's no worse than Trump but instead of loudly swearing he just quietly bans the movie.

Edit: My Chinese girlfriend has a Pooh bear from Disneyland. What happens if we go to China? Is it confiscated? -_-

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I'm in China and just saw a claw game filled with Winnie the pooh dolls. I did a double take and expected a government agent to pop out of the bottom of the claw machine and disappear us.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jinping and his dogs are idiots
You take this opportunity to adopt the comparison and promote yourself as being cute, cuddly and approachable
You put Pooh on propoganda posters that say shit like, "Mr. Pooh says, beware of spies!"

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Disney pivoted for Dr. Strange I'm sure they'll CG this into a dragon named Mushu

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's comforting to know the Chinese also enjoy memes

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Did anyone really thought this movie wasn't going to get banned in China lol? We've known their Anti-Pooh Bear policies for some time now.