• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Fuck religion.

I went to a Christian school. I can only imagine what would happen if this stuff happened back then. They would have brainwashed me into thinking I was in the wrong. Glad I went to high school starting with 7th grade. I didn't gain anything from going to that school. I don't even keep in touch with anyone who went there except for one person who was my best friend the whole time and she also went to a normal high school after I left too. (Don't really know if she's even overtly religious anymore.) Frankly aside from her I could probably have just gone to a normal school those first 6 years and had a much more fun time.

Why are they so against that when 80% of priests is gay?
They should paint the Vatican in rainbow colours.
This is a Christian school. Not a Catholic school. But I'm sure there's plenty of gay church leaders in Christianity.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Its stuff like this that makes me take some joy when articles come out about people leaving the faith over insular and insane cult like behavior like this

Hopefully the spells continue to break over time. And this isn't to say that the free practice of faith even has to be this way

I've seen plenty of examples of reasonable people practicing their faith in peace, independence and constructive ways. Its just hard not to always be suspicious and wary when you see just how dangerously faith tows the line between something positive and downright destructive cultism

Well said

That's because, in America, like many institutions, evangelicalism was and still is structured around the notion of supremacy and the white race being superior.

American evangelicals have perverted the bible to suit their own interests and to be used as a vehicle of hate and intolerance. They are hypocrites and sinners simply too ignorant and hateful to understand this obvious reality.

Just like their dear leader Trump, I'd wager very few of them have actually read or understand the bible.

Also this

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the irony of Right Wing Pundits crowing on Talk radio about how liberal elite colleges and public schools brainwash and indoctrinate our children

LMAO talk about projection. Reading the fucking mission statement of this school is Indoctrination 101

You could copy this into a fucking dictionary or a wiki as an example template

Fuck any institution that operates in this manner. Doesn't matter what your faith is. If you have to force it down the throats of innocents and not actually educate them and have them find faith on their own?

Bullshit of the highest order. Even practicers of faith should let their kids have at least some semblance of self reliance and discovery

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck religion.

I went to a Christian school. I can only imagine what would happen if this stuff happened back then. They would have brainwashed me into thinking I was in the wrong. Glad I went to high school starting with 7th grade. I didn't gain anything from going to that school. I don't even keep in touch with anyone who went there except for one person who was my best friend the whole time and she also went to a normal high school after I left too. (Don't really know if she's even overtly religious anymore.) Frankly aside from her I could probably have just gone to a normal school those first 6 years and had a much more fun time.

This is a Christian school. Not a Catholic school. But I'm sure there's plenty of gay church leaders in Christianity.
Ah, that's right. And maybe, don't know. It is well known in Catholic priesthood. Might be similar in different branches of religion.