• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
S8SiY6y.png

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, they have chosen to sacrifice themselves for the economy. They will join Herman Cain in Stock Market Valhalla.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm going to need to put on oxygen just from laughing so much the last couple of days.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, at this rate everybody at debate prep probably got the rona, right?

haha neat

Oct 27, 2017
"Fat old man catches disease known for killing fat old men while attending function for old men who deny disease's danger"

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
That enormously fat bastard is gonna die.

I know someone who is obese, has diabetes, is in their 60s, even sitting down has a heavier breathing pattern, but still got through covid with a mild-ass case.

So let's maintain some perspective here: covid is not some death sentence, not some risk factor homing missile such that catching it while fat = fate sealed or something. We shouldn't misunderstand covid's precise kind of danger (mass death on a societal level with a particular concentration of deaths among the vulnerable and oppressed) just for the sake of getting our hopes up that it'll save us from this collection of evil fucking people.

Like, I get it, but I'm seeing a lot of spamming F5 and waiting for good news that we might be a step closer to some sort of justice being done, and I don't think we should be maneuvering around this from the starting point that these people are in grave danger. They're now at risk, some of them more than others statistically speaking, but keeping that in mind while also keeping in mind that most of them will likely be okay seems like good practice to me.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I know someone who is obese, has diabetes, is in their 60s, even sitting down has a heavier breathing pattern, but still got through covid with a mild-ass case.

So let's maintain some perspective here: covid is not some death sentence, not some risk factor homing missile such that catching it while fat = fate sealed or something. We shouldn't misunderstand covid's precise kind of danger (mass death on a societal level with a particular concentration of deaths among the vulnerable and oppressed) just for the sake of getting our hopes up that it'll save us from this collection of evil fucking people.

Like, I get it, but I'm seeing a lot of spamming F5 and waiting for good news that we might be a step closer to some sort of justice being done, and I don't think we should be maneuvering around this from the starting point that these people are in grave danger. They're now at risk, some of them more than others statistically speaking, but keeping that in mind while also keeping in mind that most of them will likely be okay seems like good practice to me.
You just don't know who is gonna get fucked. That's why I am hunble about it. I can't assume I will be fine. It's not a lottery I want to play.

Most people I know made it. But yup, some didn't

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite a billion NY Yankees world championships with great memories, this easily the best October ever.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
One of these guys is going to die, it's basically a numbers game at this point.

Please be that McConnell has it and isn't saying and it's him.... (yes, I'll take him over Trump... he's the one that enables trump and is pretty effective at enabling the republican party with their shenanigans. Sure, they'll replace him but no gaurentees the next person will be as effective).

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just don't know who is gonna get fucked. That's why I am hunble about it. I can't assume I will be fine. It's not a lottery I want to play.

My moms friend has ALS and made it even with fever, his husband was healthty and just dropped dead.

I caught covid from one of my patients with no symptoms despite moderate/severe asthma. It's all so random sometimes.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

Yep. I got covid, too, thanks to having a nurse as a girlfriend. And I knew I was very, very likely to be okay but it still sucked on multiple levels.

But just as I hate it when someone is all "less than 1% death rate, wtf is the big deal!!!" I don't like how sometimes we end up reinforcing that framework of understanding covid's danger in terms of the danger it presents to individual people. All three of these things can be true at once: covid is dangerous and you're pretty likely to be okay if you get it and there are a bunch of reasons to avoid getting it anyway.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
He just mentioned on Thursday he hasn't tested positive. More incoming for Republican leadership in coming days .

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
This idiot was also on TV in studio after the debate with ABC staff.

Without a mask.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It would be something if Amy Coney Barrett had really had COVID like 3 weeks ago and she was still contagious at the Rose Garden event. Or one of her kids.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Christie was on the post debate wrap up on one of the channels. ABC maybe. Uh oh

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Don't mess around during a pandemic.

Oct 28, 2017
To quote Bridget Kelly on the day the Christie administration shut down the GWB for political retribution: Is it wrong that I'm smiling?