Pedetemptim

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"From the original creators of Fallout," says the studio that is seemingly copying the Bethesda template instead of making an actual successor to the original Fallout or Arcanum.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda has completely lost sight of what made them previously well regarded. They need a strong kick in the ass.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Obsidian should strike iron while it's hot, people are ready for their Fallout itch to be scratched, and from what I saw in the 15 minute gameplay demo, The Outer Worlds looks like it is up for the challenge.

"From the original creators of Fallout," says the studio that is seemingly copying the Bethesda template instead of making an actual successor to the original Fallout or Arcanum.

Games evolve, and besides, Obsidian has already made a few games in the classic RPG style.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
146bb1c7aecafe84f8c75ed1c815188efd342bb5r1-512-512v2_hq.jpg

"Got something to say, Chris?"
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Todd. u wouldnt say this shit to him at E3, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those types of games don't appeal to a wide audience, plus Obsidian already showed incredible competence making this kind of game with New Vegas. A real RPG (unlike the shooters with skill trees that Bethesda makes) in an accessible format is good for the industry.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Todd. u wouldnt say this shit to him at E3, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes.

Chad Howard stole my girlfriend at the club. How can I possibly compete with a guy who orders bottle service for his table (and every table in the club) every single time?

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Bethesda has completely lost sight of what made them previously well regarded. They need a strong kick in the ass.

Agreed. I enjoyed FO 3, 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but it's been pretty clear the direction that they've been moving.

I have faith that this will deliver, but something tells me this won't be much more than a blip on the radar for Bethesda. They're just so goddamn big now.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't hate the developers, just the people at the tippy top.

He attacked the company right before their lastest game came out.

And then attacked them for being bought up my Microsoft because their latest game didn't sell well enough.

It doesn't matter if he just has beef with the top level, it affects the devs too.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Seriously, there are other ways to get your point across instead of being a dick. For sure, Bethesda have made some huge mistakes in their handling of the Fallout franchise so I'm not defending them but there's really no need to act like that towards other members of the same profession.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
They made NV, literally the best modern Fallout (and only modern Fallout that stays true to the lore and all)
People loved New Vegas and wanted more, so here is the result of that.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My position has been that Bethesda "owns" both from a legal and from a creative perspective the Elder Scrolls series, while they just happen to have the legal right to make Fallout games and I've made my peace with that.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys do realize he's pointing out that it was Obsidian who basically said fuck bethesda right? That whole presentation was 1 long jab at Bethesda games.

He's not directly saying fuck Bethesda. As usual good writing goes over most people's heads :P

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
ikr. gosh. Bethesda fanboys are literally the worst. Skyrim and Elder Scrolls are Tolkien wannabes. Slap a wall of text for you to read and it's "lore", it's "deep story" or some other bullshit. The monsters are uninspiring, everything else about it is just so cliched. I look at smth like Breath of Fire which has exponentially more creativity and I wonder what sort of consumers would praise this Tolkien ripoff as if it's the greatest thing in gaming.

I can't tell what's sarcasm anymore.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
You guys do realize he's pointing out that it was Obsidian who basically said fuck bethesda right? That whole presentation was 1 long jab at Bethesda games.

He's not directly saying fuck Bethesda. As usual good writing goes over most people's heads :P
You think they care? No, they want to insult Chris or say he is a big meany.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If they were copying Bethesda's template then the game wouldn't have stat-based dialogue trees, the character flaws system, or quests giving you any sort of agency or decisions what-so-ever.

Also it would look like a horrific mess instead of pretty slick and stylized

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Some back story please

He or she is probably referencing Obsidian missing their New Vegas metacritic bonus by a point or whatever.

If so, calling that evil is quite silly. It's a contract that Obsidian themselves signed off on, and it's not like any other metric for a bonus would have been better.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that both places are apparently dumpster fires, I feel like this is a place for that Curb Your Enthusiasm gif.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved fallout 4 but hes not wrong. This is essentially what i wanted f4 to
Be. Right now its my most anticipated game of next year

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
He or she is probably referencing Obsidian missing their New Vegas metacritic bonus by a point or whatever.

If so, calling that evil is quite silly. It's a contract that Obsidian themselves signed off on, and it's not like any other metric for a bonus would have been better.
I guess they're talking about Obsidian not getting a bonus because New Vegas failed to meet the Metacritic score by one point. But if it's that, there apparently isn't bad blood there. The potential bonus was something that Bethesda just put in the contract, Obsidian neither asked for it nor expected it.
Thanks. I did not know about this

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Some back story please
I don't have the proper reports/articles on me, but tdlr:

• Bethesda not giving bonuses to Obsidian because they missed the metacritic goal by one mark, even though they were given an extremely tight schedule to begin with (hence, the game was super buggy on release).
  • Obsidian was almost bankrupted, but was saved because of the pillars of eternity kickstarter
  • **Some allegations of Zenimax historically crippling companies in order to absorb them for cheap (I remember reading about this, but I don't know if there's a lot of truth behind it)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Guess it's cool to shit on Bethesda these days.
It also doesn't help that this game looks like a Bethesda-game clone. To a point where it really feels like they are sharing assets, models and the same engine. If you told me this was Starfield, I would believe you.
On the other hand I think they aren't totally wrong in having a beef with Bethesda. And they did an amazing job with Fallout: New Vegas considering the circumstances.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018

1. [Dumb] Waht? He saey fuck Bedhesta. Burn bridg. Bad. Embearassing look for Avellong.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
It's clear what Obsidian was going for by following up "The original creators of Fallout" with "The makers of Fallout: New Vegas". It was an obvious knock on Bethesda's Fallout games.

Wow people are upset about this

lmao
For real. The tweet is funny! It's supposed to be funny!