Oct 28, 2017
What about that scene makes her stupid?

(Not this scene so much but her character overall)

I find her naivety very offputting. You're just going to walk in to the Godfather of the Mob and take his kids....no way. What did she think was going on the last 7 years? She knows the family is dirty she is privy to it. I don't think she is stupid in the comical way...Where is Apollonia...oh yeah.

Damn You Fabrizio!

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Wil Poulters character in Midsommar. He's either the most stupid person to ever live or the nastiest little shit who shouldn't have any friends and the movie never seems to know which way it wants him to go.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
latest

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

She wanted to act all innocent and naive then drop this bombshell. (I'm not asking her to ride out, stand by her man but dont be this stupid)

But that is completly in character for her.

She loved MC very much and she believed in him in that he was going to make all his business legitimate. When she understood that that was not going to happen, but quite the contrary, was going to be worse with all his business in Cuba and such, she decided to put an end to the relationship and having an abortion to another male son, which surely will be taken as another mafia member by the Corleone family.

She is not stupid, she is brave. And even then , it was not enough, since she had her daughter killed because of Michael at the end.

Unless...you have issues with abortions which is another conversation altogether.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
Lester from fargo season 1.

Him being dumb led to a lot of issues down the road that could have easily been avoided if he werent a god damn idiot.

Honestly it felt frustrating because his stupidity felt like a plot device for the story to develop the way it needed to be, it undermined the series for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I see Joey Tribbiani being mentioned a few times, great example. He started as quite lovable and perhaps just mildly goofy, but it went downhill pretty quickly. They really took the dumbness to a new painful level in the episode in which he was trying to speak French. Phoebe was quite right about that. Il est un peu retardé

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Michael Kyle, Jr., AKA Junior. Goddamn, he was dumb. He wasn't super dumb in the first couple of seasons, but they had him hold the idiot ball after he knocked up his girlfriend.

Oct 28, 2017
But that is completly in character for her.

She loved MC very much and she believed in him in that he was going to make all his business legitimate. When she understood that that was not going to happen, but quite the contrary, was going to be worse with all his business in Cuba and such, she decided to put an end to the relationship and having an abortion to another male son, which surely will be taken as another mafia member by the Corleone family.

She is not stupid, she is brave. And even then , it was not enough, since she had her daughter killed because of Michael at the end.

Unless...you have issues with abortions which is another conversation altogether.

I get it . However, bravery and stupidity is pretty much the same thing. Also we don't acknowledge that there is a movie past part 2.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What? How was she dumb?

Pretty much everything she did in the movie was monumentally dumb until the final scene. But one of the repeated sources of stupidity was constantly being oblivious to how she was going to come across to other people. Like seriously... give SOME thought to how to word things to avoid looking like a fucking loon. And it's one of those movies where the protagonist just keeps withholding information that it would help for other people to know. There were also multiple golden opportunities for her to end the threat that she failed to identify. I watched it with my sister and I found out afterward that she was just as frustrated as I was.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Haley from Modern family. They play up her stupidity so much that it becomes unrealistic and annoying

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Luther in Umbrella Academy does this for me, but I also realize it's completely intentional. The show explains very clearly why he acts the way he does, and while I sympathize with it, it's still frustrating to see. The viewer is just here to watch the shitshow of bad decisions.