• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I'll give him another Chance. Ya'll fools are wildin'. Starting to act like hammers, seeing nails everywhere. I don't disparage a man for trying to defend his friend(s), and I applaud him for seeing that when all hope is lost, he can come to his senses. I accept this apology 100%.

Some of you are starting to make me feel a lot different about your position. Its one thing going after Nazis, bigots, racists, Republicans, etc but once you start targeting people that are actually helping their community, putting their money where their mouth is, you're taking shit WAY too far. Get a fucking grip.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
User banned 24h for needless aggression and insulting posters after previously been warned not to.
I actually thought about whether or not I can say that or not after I posted it. It would be nice to be corrected in that regard without someone acting like an asshole to me. I apologize for saying it. But screw that guy.

I may be a asshole but you're the fucking fool who basically used a racial slur against a Black man who has only done good for his community.

The simple fact that you admit to hesitating before posting proves that you know you shouldn't have said it. But you did anyway. You're like the Vietnamese kid who came to the hip hop party sang nigga in a song, caught a beatdown for it and still be obtuse enough to claim that you would have preferred to be corrected a proper way.

Despite by your own admission. Your common sense telling you to STAY IN YO FUCKING LANE.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You may find them up your ass along with your head.

Fuck outta here with your foolishness because you wanna Stan for a celeb by bringing others down.

Not really railing on chance. I just fail to see the point in acting like the shit folks do everyday without wealth means nothing.

In either case, it doesn't make one immune to criticism.

No dumbass. Im not caping for a celeb.IM CAPING FOR MY FUCKING PEOPLE. Check my post above for context. Why the fuck do I have to explain to other PoC about staying in their racial lane.

If black people want to call out other black people for failing our race, thats on us.

BUT STAY IN YO FUCKING LANE.

I dont comment on how any Vietnamese celebs fail or betray their people because thats not my place. I dont know the idiosyncrasies of any people BUT MY OWN.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
No dumbass. Im not caping for a celeb.IM CAPING FOR MY FUCKING PEOPLE. Check my post above for context. Why the fuck do I have to explain to other PoC about staying in their racial lane.

If black people want to call out other black people for failing our race, thats on us.

I dont comment on how any Vietnamese celebs fail or betray their people because thats not my place. I dont know the idiosyncrasies of any people BUT MY OWN.

You're arguing against a point I never made. Anyhow, I'm black (well black and Rican), so I don't get what you're arguing.

Oct 26, 2017

It must be pretty difficult to avoid commenting on the behavior of all those Vietnamese celebrities here in the US.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Not good enough he doesnt even mention Trump by name, he's just trying to save face it's a hollow response.

My thought as well. It isn't even just that to me, it's the fact that his original statement was so fucking idiotic.

I mean, it's the equivalent of a Black man telling people during the middle of the US civil war 'Black people don't have to support the union!'

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I may be a asshole but you're the fucking fool who basically used a racial slur against a Black man who has only done good for his community.

The simple fact that you admit to hesitating before posting proves that you know you shouldn't have said it. But you did anyway. You're like the Vietnamese kid who came to the hip hop party sang nigga in a song, caught a beatdown for it and still be obtuse enough to claim that you would have preferred to be corrected a proper way.

Despite by your own admission. Your common sense telling you to STAY IN YO FUCKING LANE.

That thought only lasted a couple of seconds after the post before something else occurred to me in life at the time, as these forums posts I make while on the go don't stay in my brain for long. Which isn't an excuse (and I already apologized for it), but that's how it went. Oh well, bud.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Waiting on your reciepts...
What is wrong with you

First claiming the other guy isn't black then this

Like, do you know everyone in this thread to claim that? Also, do you understand that comparing everyone to a millionaire is useless, its like saying we cant complain about Pewdiepie being a horrible person because he's given money to charity. It completely ignores context and works in a way that disables all criticism of a lot of rich people.

I get it, democrats usually don't give a shit about black people, and Chance has done good things, but your response is not the way to participate in a discussion regarding this topic.

You can be angry, you cant be a dick.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It must be pretty difficult to avoid commenting on the behavior of all those Vietnamese celebrities here in the US.

I wouldn't know my interests dont cross over into that lane but if it did, I still wouldn't feel comfortable telling condemning a man based on how I felt they treated their own people ... because its not my place.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
My thought as well. It isn't even just that to me, it's the fact that his original statement was so fucking idiotic.

I mean, it's the equivalent of a Black man telling people during the middle of the US civil war 'Black people don't have to support the union!'

How many of you gonna quote this and show your ass.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
This is another example of this "both sides" narrative being so dangerous. If you want to make the point that democrats aren't doing enough for black families then you should say it... but not while using it to give that credit to the party that is demonstrably worse for black people in just about every way.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This is another example of this "both sides" narrative being so dangerous. If you want to make the point that democrats aren't doing enough for black families then you should say it... but not while using it to give that credit to the party that is demonstrably worse for black people in just about every way.
He wasn't doing that.

And people need to fucking stop framing it like that.

You wanna say he's a jackass trying to cover for his friend? Cool

You wanna say the guy's words were so ambiguous to be taken as a parrot point by Republicans? Sure

But let's not try and frame this as Chance actually going "Don't go Democrat, go republican."

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What is wrong with you

First claiming the other guy isn't black then this

Like, do you know everyone in this thread to claim that? Also, do you understand that comparing everyone to a millionaire is useless, its like saying we cant complain about Pewdiepie being a horrible person because he's given money to charity. It completely ignores context and works in a way that disables all criticism of a lot of rich people.

I get it, democrats usually don't give a shit about black people, and Chance has done good things, but your response is not the way to participate in a discussion regarding this topic.

You can be angry, you cant be a dick.

Ive seen it all...Comparing Pewdipie to Chance the Rapper. Jesus fucking Christ.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I also love how no one has followed up on my point about people of other races basically calling Chance an Uncle Tom. But stay in your feelings.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Do you have receipts?

See this dude right here.

You're already in the Sunken Place. You cannot get out. The way is shut. It was made by those who dead, and the dead keep it.

Probably because you showed your ass already. Why would anyone want to discuss the matter further with you?

And yet you still insist on quoting me to continue the dialogue... If you don't want to discuss the subject wouldn't the smart thing be to place me on the ignore list? or not quote me?

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
I also love how no one has followed up on my point about people of other races basically calling Chance an Uncle Tom. But stay in your feelings.

I'm not black so it's not my place to figure that out beyond saying you probably shouldn't. If people started calling each other apples I would get pissed, but there aren't enough natives around for that to be relevant anymore.

I'm guessing most people of other ethnicities don't know how to respond to it.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
See this dude right here.

And yet you still insist on quoting me to continue the dialogue... If you don't want to discuss the subject wouldn't the smart thing be to place me on the ignore list? or not quote me?

No need to do either. If you're going go on about why others don't want to engage with you, then I'll happily tell you why. If you don't want responses to your posts about why others don't want to discuss the matter with you, feel free not to post about it.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
No need to do either. If you're going go on about why others don't want to engage with you, then I'll happily tell you why.

Okay since you insist on engaging then please tell me why YOU as a Black man. Fuck as a Black Rican who is privy to the hate that Afro Latinos face is okay for other PoC to refer to a Black man as an Uncle Tom.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This apology, to me, shows that he understands why people took offense to his words; People aren't pissed at Kanye for not towing Democrat lines, people were mad at him praising Donald.

Ultimately I agree with the controversial tweet. Even if the timing was TERRIBLE.

ham bone

Alt account
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Okay since you insist on engaging then please tell me why YOU as a Black man. Fuck as a Black Rican who is privy to the hate that Afro Latinos face is okay for other PoC to refer to a Black man as an Uncle Tom.

You wholly made up that people were calling him an Uncle Tom just like you made up that people are saying Chance is a literal animal or dog. You've invented these things and continue to pretend people said or support those statements.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Seems like a reasonable apology from someone who was trying to defend their friend and then realised they needed to clarify shit.

oh wait i mean, Fuck him, there's literally no way back from this and if you show any deviation from being exactly the way i want you to then fuck you too.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017

Please just stop.

It is not the equivalent in any sphere of logic. In the civil war the union was actively fighting to stop the other side from owning slaves.

In this sphere, democratics treat us as prop they use us then immediately abandon blacks. The most recent example is Doug Jones.

When black votes were being suppressed they made no comment until Clinton lost then they began blaming blacks. Look at Chicago control by Dems and blacks are still treated like shit.

The Dems are like the friend that let's the bully beat up and while they stand aside and try and talk the bully down. That shit doesn't work. That's why Dems easily move to the right because the one who suffers the most are... Blacks.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You wholly made up that people were calling him an Uncle Tom just like you made up that people are saying Chance is a literal animal or dog. You've invented these things and continue to pretend people said or support those statements.

Invented? I directly quoted the people. I've quoted dude twice for saying Chance is in the sunken place. Which is the modern day equivlant of an Uncle Tom. It is literally accusing a black man of being inhibited by a white man. Its accusing a black man of having his goals more aligned with White People than his own, otherwise known as an Uncle Tom.

My dude posted a picture of a Dog with no context for a movie I've never seen. And Black people have routinely been called Dogs, Mutts and mongrels by racists for years. You're telling me I made all that up?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I accept Chance's apology. It was a good one. He's done good work and I'm proud of him. The length of time it took to apologise isn't an issue to me either.

And I know emotions are running high but let's stay civil.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018

Invented? I directly quoted the people. I've quoted dude twice for saying Chance is in the sunken place. Which is the modern day equivlant of an Uncle Tom. It is literally accusing a black man of being inhibited by a white man. Its accusing a black man of having his goals more aligned with White People than his own, otherwise known as an Uncle Tom.

My dude posted a picture of a Dog with no context for a movie I've never seen. And Black people have routinely been called Dogs, Mutts and mongrels by racists for years. You're telling me I made all that up?

In his defense, I do get it and amended my post to explain it. I think it's easy to understand why the dog comparison could be taken that way.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

You're asking me to explain something that I never defended or argued in favor of. My original post to you had one line highlighted of yours, yet you keep dragging me to this part of your rant for some reason.

For what's it worth, I think influential black folks need to remember that the right will jump at the chance to take their words out of context and use them to their advantage. We saw it with killer mike, we saw it with Kanye (not out of context) and Chance. That said, I've got no issue with chance. I think he made a mistake and he's copped up to it.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
But blacks dont have to be democrats.

Hes not wrong.

Did he say its okay to love trump or somwthing?

He's not wrong there. But that jumped out for a few reasons. The first is that everyone knew what it was in reference to due to the timing. And when I say everyone, I mean that Trump Jr. replied to that tweet praising it and him and this morning Trump himself made reference to what Chance said. The second issue is that no one was even arguing that point. In fact, Kanye tweeted today that he doesn't even call himself a conservative because he doesn't know enough about the party. This was specifically about him endorsing Trump. If he'd expressed support for someone like Mitt Romney, some would've groaned but it wouldn't have been like this. People are calling out that Trump endorsement because he's really made no secret about how he feels about minorities. Aside from all the shit he did during the campaign and even before he ran for president, just look at his silence when some major tragedy involves the deaths of minorities. Take that Waffle House incident for example. Do you think he would've gone silent if someone that was a minority went into a Waffle House and murdered four white people and then some white guy ended up putting a stop to it? Hell no. It's just like he unsurprisingly went quiet after that van attack in Toronto.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
I'll give him another Chance. Ya'll fools are wildin'. Starting to act like hammers, seeing nails everywhere. I don't disparage a man for trying to defend his friend(s), and I applaud him for seeing that when all hope is lost, he can come to his senses. I accept this apology 100%.

Some of you are starting to make me feel a lot different about your position. Its one thing going after Nazis, bigots, racists, Republicans, etc but once you start targeting people that are actually helping their community, putting their money where their mouth is, you're taking shit WAY too far. Get a fucking grip.
This is what I've been too lazy to write all day.

Oct 30, 2017
He's not wrong there. But that jumped out for a few reasons. The first is that everyone knew what it was in reference to due to the timing. And when I say everyone, I mean that Trump Jr. replied to that tweet praising it and him and this morning Trump himself made reference to what Chance said. The second issue is that no one was even arguing that point. In fact, Kanye tweeted today that he doesn't even call himself a conservative because he doesn't know enough about the party. This was specifically about him endorsing Trump. If he'd expressed support for someone like Mitt Romney, some would've groaned but it wouldn't have been like this. People are calling out that Trump endorsement because he's really made no secret about how he feels about minorities. Aside from all the shit he did during the campaign and even before he ran for president, just look at his silence when some major tragedy involves the deaths of minorities. Take that Waffle House incident for example. Do you think he would've gone silent if someone that was a minority went into a Waffle House and murdered four white people and then some white guy ended up putting a stop to it? Hell no. It's just like he unsurprisingly went quiet after that van attack in Toronto.

Speaking of Mitt Romney, where was all of this questioning monolithic thought among blacks back when he was a candidate, or McCain, or Bush I/II? Why did it take the most openly bigoted candidate the GOP has produced in my lifetime for all of this new questioning?

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I've been too lazy to write all day.
I'm just pissed a man is being clipped for being loyal. He saw there was no convincing him, like Alicia tried, so he stood down.

I respect loyalty. I respect good sense. He demonstrated both on separate occasions. Recognize your real enemies, people, or become exactly what they say we are: outrage culture-ists.
Speaking of Mitt Romney, where was all of this questioning monolithic thought among blacks back when he was a candidate, or McCain, or Bush I/II? Why did it take the most openly bigoted candidate the GOP has produced in my lifetime for all of this new questioning?
The rise of social media and the proliferation of the internet. Easier information dissemination.