Nov 26, 2018
Cats are so sensitive to contact. I have one cat who loves to be held like a baby, another likes to be slung over my shoulder, and another gets uncomfortable being held. I think she might have something underlying medically, but she's my parents, so nothing I can do

Neidii

Oct 30, 2017
Mine loves to be picked up, especially if I put her on her back and hold her lika a baby. She starts purring and closes her eyes and wants me to scratch her stomach

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Out of our five cats, four love to be picked up (insta-purring), but one of them is terrified, and we think she's afraid of heights, as she will never climb anything higher than coffee table high. We adopted her from the street as an adult so she may have had some trauma about it.

SirCheese

Oct 27, 2017
My cat doesn't like being picked up, but she'll tolerate it. After a while though she'll make the saddest pleading meow, to let you know that she's had enough.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
MY current two? One does, one does not (we're working on him but he really doesn't trust being picked up and if he's not really in the mood to tolerate it he will bite to get down). Previous cats? My favorite cat ever loved to be picked up unless she really wasn't in the mood (I don't think I've ever had a cat that didn't have moods where tehy didn't want to be picked up but honestly, would you always like some one to stop what you were doing and pick you up all the time). My siamese was way too timid/afraid but I got her by the end to let me pick her up and put her on my lap... and occasionally pick her up and cuddle her (She was a real scaredy cat, took me three months to get her to let me pet her). My tabby didn't mind but he wasn't that super affectionate of a cat, he more preferred hanging out where you were rather than cuddling. But you could pick him up and he didn't seem to care too much. My three cats growing up didn't seem to mind it (But I never tried to pick them up and just cuddle them. Just pick them up and put them on my lap or move them somewhere).

So I'd say half and half...a little mroe than half at least didn't mind it.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Two cats, one hates it but puts up with it, the other doesn't give a crap and just acts like a lump. He can happily be resting, picked up and put down and will continue to chill too.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My two cats would much rather be picked up and given livery service to their destination, than be forced to walk there.