shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I pretty much gotta wait for someone like Limited Run Games for a physical release?

See you in a couple years

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought! Gonna play it on PS5 shortly.

syndicalist

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up -- Just found this on the US PlayStation app on iPhone. Bought and downloading now.

edit: oh guess it's everywhere now.

RetroHippie

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I own CoTM and Aria on GBA but the SP backlight is atrocious nowadays and my phat DS is busted. I'll get this soon, once I beat some of the games I'm currently playing. I was legit surprised at the shadow drop.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Really hope switch also gets the requiem duo so we get a good version of Rondo(and SotN), DracX is really not good. Definitely gonna pick this up for every other game though!

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
These are straight ports right? So the DSS swap trick still works correct?

already I can't wait for Nathan's run ability

Mar 31, 2018
Love these games to death (except Dracula X ) but the switch lite d pad can go fuck itself…Not sure if it's the placement or the stiffness that bothers me, or both, but it's annoying me in COTM.

But it's not like the GBA SP d pad was all that great, and I spent a ton of hours playing Aria on that.

I almost feel like I shoulda got the steam version so I can use a proper controller.

Mar 31, 2018
I own CoTM and Aria on GBA but the SP backlight is atrocious nowadays and my phat DS is busted. I'll get this soon, once I beat some of the games I'm currently playing. I was legit surprised at the shadow drop.

COTM looks really great now that all the color and detail is on full display. I played it on OG GBA at first and struggled with how dim it was.

It looks great in this collection.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope switch also gets the requiem duo so we get a good version of Rondo(and SotN), DracX is really not good. Definitely gonna pick this up for every other game though!
Requiem will probably stay PlayStation-exclusive due to Sony helping with its development. If Rondo and Symphony come to other systems, it'll be in some other collection (or standalone releases, etc.).

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worth it for CotM and AoS. Maybe I'll like HoD this time.
Feel like my Issue with HoD is it has nothing to collect iirc meaning you dont endup grinding meaning you may be under leveled more. The other two have the Cards and Souls to collect making you grind more as a result. Plus cool powers.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Probably wont start Harmony until tomorrow, but my collection is ready to go, the one Igavania I missed

I'd go as far as saying that every remix of Iron Blue Intention misses the mark, I didn't get the hype behind it until I finally got to play Bloodlines with the last collection
It almost needs that Genesis soundfont that gives it that extra oomph

Portrait of Ruin had the best version easily.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Follow this:

steamcommunity.com

Castlevania Anniversary Collection General Discussions :: Steam Community

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of...

Get this:

unknown.png

Now lets get some good filters. You might need to change file extensions or whatnot to get them to show up in whatever emulator you feel like using. Don't actually know what the patch parts of the filenames refer to as I can't remember but I don't think the anniversary collection had anything like that in the filenames.

Tested a few of them, they all seem to work fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Symphony had one at least, good news for sure

Right, but that one wasn't done by M2 I don't believe like the other 3, the Arcade one wasn't either and it had a Platinum. Just weird how some get it and some don't. Sony needs to change whatever backend hoops they have for the points system cause I hate when games don't get a plat since I get games on the platform mainly for trophies over my Series X, Switch and Steam.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Circle of the moon basically introduced a young me to the series. Really started my appreciation for the genre.

Curious to see if these hold up, will absolutely buy at 20 bucks.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Follow this:

steamcommunity.com

Castlevania Anniversary Collection General Discussions :: Steam Community

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of...

Get this:

unknown.png

Now lets get some good filters. You might need to change file extensions or whatnot to get them to show up in whatever emulator you feel like using. Don't actually know what the patch parts of the filenames refer to as I can't remember but I don't think the anniversary collection had anything like that in the filenames.

Tested a few of them, they all seem to work fine.
I wonder which revision of HoD the collection uses. The version that came bundled with Aria on a single GBA cart had some minor localization/item drop changes.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
I've just started playing. I hate the way the name of the enemy pops up at the right hand side of the screen everytime you hit them. It's really distracting and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. Such a weird choice.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
double dipped on Day 1 (fuck me) but playing it on my PS5 is awesome, its on external storage for w/e that's worth. I love how when you utilize rewind or any of the Collection menu features the White Rabbit from Aria shows up for half a second and asks ya to get ready and then bam you're back in the game

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I've just started playing. I hate the way the name of the enemy pops up at the right hand side of the screen everytime you hit them. It's really distracting and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. Such a weird choice.
Go to gadget settings in the pause menu to turn it off. It's neat, but I don't think it should've been on by default.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
The gadget settings is what will toggle it off I believe, its aa card and soul tracker for Circle and Aria and yea I wish it didn't go into the game screen portion of the screen when in pixel perfect mode but I'm fine with it as is personally. they probably had to have it at that length for the various languages cuz English I could see it being a tad shorter (so as not to intrude the game screen) and it would fit fine.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
How's the steam port? Debating between pc and switch rn.

It's literally roms. You can extract them all and use them in whatever emulator you want. Through the bundled emulators seems fine, no real options for filters/color correction etc. some harmony etc. will look awfully bright. Some qol features but nothing unique to steam.

Edit: when run through steam I'm noticing a very slight microstutter every, idk, 5 seconds or so. I'm running this on an optimus laptop so wouldn't put it past some issue related to that, but ymmv. Might look at some diags and see if there's anything obvious.

Last edited:

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
Go to gadget settings in the pause menu to turn it off. It's neat, but I don't think it should've been on by default.

The gadget settings is what will toggle it off I believe, its aa card and soul tracker for Circle and Aria and yea I wish it didn't go into the game screen portion of the screen when in pixel perfect mode but I'm fine with it as is personally. they probably had to have it at that length for the various languages cuz English I could see it being a tad shorter (so as not to intrude the game screen) and it would fit fine.

Thank you! I saw that option but misread it as being able to turn off the ability to obtain souls, I couldn't understand why anybody would want that and ignored it afterwards.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Thank you! I saw that option but misread it as being able to turn off the ability to obtain souls, I couldn't understand why anybody would want that and ignored it afterwards.
Yeah, AoS does a pretty good job on its own of denoting whether or not a soul you obtain is a repeat soul, so the option is kind of redundant there.

It's actually pretty helpful in CoTM though, where it's honestly a bit of a pain to keep up with (and multiple enemies sometimes drop the same kinds of card). I'm keeping it on there. I think HoD only tracks dropped items, so I'll probably turn it off there, though. Pretty much every QoL feature in this collection seems to positively impact CoTM, really.