Oct 26, 2017
GOD DAYUM. That music and everything. Day fucking 1. Never been so hyped for a Marvel film.

Woo. I need to cool off. I'm ready to wrestle some fucking grizzly bears.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was not a good trailer, I think it made me less excited for the movie.

Is this the worst trailer Marvel has done? They're usually pretty solid.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't going to bother watching but the visuals and cinematography are looking great and a lot better than other marvel films. That and my recent revelation that Brie was N.V in Scott Pilgrim might actually get me to watch this. Film looks like it actually has character.

I mean, as much as I love the actress, she doesn't have the presence.

The actors behind Iron Man, Caps, Thor, Starlord, Strange, Hulk and BP owned their roles right off. Those were very well defined characters with extremely charismatic people putting out well rounded performances. And although I digdCarol Danvers, her powers and history are hardly remarkable or set themselves for memorable performances.
Cumberbatch sucks as Strange and lacks any charisma.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Underwhelming. Not the first time I've thought that at a Marvel trailer though so hopefully doesn't mean much.

offcast

Oct 28, 2017
Putting Skrulls in universe as part of the past opens up a lot of possibilities. It lets you kill off a character and then have the post credits be a reveal that they were a skrull.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there are indeed Skrulls hiding on Earth. Iiiiiinteresting. I wonder if this'll actually have any implications going forward or if it'll be like Civil War and only referenced later.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
NYM4Dtq.gif
Punching the air?

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
That was...ok. Young Sam Jackson was cool, but this has not sold me further on Carol than the comics did. Hopefully Brie Larson makes up for it maybe.

Otherwise: Can't wait for Rogue to get her powers.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wow a Blockbuster, only 90s kids would understand that. I hope she gets slimed while watch All That, eating a gogurt and listening to TLC.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty boring tbh. Don't know what the hell they were thinking here. Makes the movie look somehow incredibly generic and uniquely boring at the same time.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
There were a few cool shots in the trailer but it didn't do much for me otherwise.

Some of the delivery made Brie seem bored. The amnesia angle allows for an origin movie without actually being one.

Not expecting anything special from this one.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
So in, early trailers are always a bit weak but I'm digging the initial tease! Can't wait.

Hope Carol does a massive energy blast at some point though/shows off how strong she really is physically.

Also this better be in there!
captain-marvel-vs-thanos.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, kinda confused how they're integrating the origin story into this. Does Carol not remember being an Air Force pilot and the rest of her life on earth before going into space?

Jackson's 90s makeover is uncanny.

I mean, as much as I love the actress, she doesn't have the presence.

The actors behind Iron Man, Caps, Thor, Starlord, Strange, Hulk and BP owned their roles right off. Those were very well defined characters with extremely charismatic people putting out well rounded performances. And although I digdCarol Danvers, her powers and history are hardly remarkable or set themselves for memorable performances.
Putting aside the comparison between a two-minute trailer and a two-hour movie (unless you're saying you thought those actors owned their roles in their first few seconds in their very first teasers) I actually thought Cumberbatch was not that great as Strange in his own movie, and didn't really come to own it until Infinity War. Though Strange is written to be such an unfunny asshole in his movie that maybe I'm just conflating that with Cumberbatch's actual performance.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of confused about the direction. So is she an alien or does she have a life on earth? what's the deal?
In the comics she's accidentally genetically modified to be half-Kree and have Kree powers, then sticks around on Earth. It looks like the angle they're going with here is that the Kree decided to roll with it, wiped her memories, and kidnapped her to use as a soldier.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I got a Thor 1 and Iron Man 1 vibe from this...probably because it's an origin story, and there were some desert-y scenes in it.

Looks like another Marvel movie.

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
I am not pumped up. But trailers tend to be very misleading for me. I thought the Phantom Menace was going to be the greatest film of all time based on the trailers.

I'm sure I'll see it day 1 and I fairly certain I am going to like it. MCU hasn't let me down often.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
I find the character itself boring as hell so Marvell will have to go far and beyond to entertain me :) We'll see, too early to tell imho...

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Looks promising - surprised by the tepid reactions on here of some.

Looking forward to it!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not a great trailer but it's not diminished my desire to see it any. The mask looks great.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck would they include her punching and old lady... That shit was weird. I'm sure it will make sense in the larger context of the film, but it was completely unnecessary.

Alright trailer otherwise.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People are saying this is a teaser, but the YouTube title says official trailer. Is this a semantics thing?

I generally use teaser to mean the first trailer with extended footage, which this trailer is. Movie doesn't come out until March, so there should be a second, longer trailer about 2-3 months before the movie comes out. But that's just based on the promotional timelines of other blockbusters.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel should give the Captain Marvel rights back to DC. This doesn't look good at all.