• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this a tease for Classic Resident Evil Ports?

• Yes

Votes: 198 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 312 61.2%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't even think of the Outbreak games. I've never played them. If Capcom rereleased them on PC, I could finally do so, and in multiplayer.

That would be fantastic.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It's strange that they never put the sourcenext pc ports in gog at least, sounds like a really easy job imo.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017

While it's not uncommon for Capcom to use the classic games to promote newer ones, a few things stick out here.

- The RE showcase will have more than just village
- The image quality here is smoother/cleaner than usual (typically it's just a random gif grab)
- Said video includes the 25th anniversary logo

While this might just be marketing using the older games, I think it sticks out. Especially since last year Capcom was still mentioning how important ports were and that the 25th anniversary would have a good amount of content.

This doesn't even get into how currently they only legal way to play these games is either through OG hardware, emulation, or PS3/PSP/PSV downloads. 2 ways in which capcom see's no money for one of their biggest franchises, despite people going through all sorts of manners to still play them either for the first-time or speedrun.

I guess we'll see in a week. Thanks to Blackpuppy for giving me this idea.

We are not getting an old game compilation. But I can certainly say for sure. We will be getting either a new game mode for Resident Evil Village with Multiplayer or we are going to get a new RE game announcement with multiplayer in it. Reason why, is because Capcom last night sent out emails to Resident Evil Ambassadors about signing up for an upcoming beta for PS4/(Pro) and Xbox One. No mention about Xbox Series X|S or PS5.

In the email they said that they'll be revealing it next Thursday during their RE Showcase.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
I'll pay for it, simply to avoid the emulating mess of playing the first three on PC 😂

"mess" smh do you have any idea how fantastic are 2 and 3 on Dolphin?

R1010C_altMaskSource.jpg
R1010C.jpg

You don't even need to do anything, they already give you the custom Dolphin build, you only need the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Outbreak deserves another chance and I would love to buy the originals on Xbox when I eventually get the X if they're not already on that marketplace.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be down for PS1 1-3 again, but unless they do some serious updates to them they're almost painful to look at on a HDTV.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting ports of the originals as well. It'll be a low cost and high payoff way for them to get some money off the old games while keeping the franchise in the average consumers mind towards the buildup of re8

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
That'd be great but I don't want to get excited.

Love the originals as much as the remakes and would love for them to be more accessible.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017

R1010C_altMaskSource.jpg
R1010C.jpg

You don't even need to do anything, they already give you the custom Dolphin build, you only need the game.

The Dolphin upscaled versions of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 are so f'ing good.
www.reshdp.com

RE3SHDP

HD Texture packs for the classic Resident Evil games without seams!
Super simple to setup and makes them look so clean. EASILY the best way to experience these games. Only thing I wish RE2 had was Nightmare mode.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I think they won't port the old games. Imo, there is barely any audience for those games.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would as no remake replaces the original entirely in my mind. I don't think this is teasing anything like that though.

As it is I'm just hoping RE1 Directors Cut could one day get get the same modding treatment 2 and 3 have had with those dolphin upscales.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
I'll no doubt buy them anyway if this ever comes to fruition, but I really hope Capcom put in the extra work to machine upscale the backgrounds. Whether it was due to technology of the time or incompetence as they had lost/destroyed the original assets, the way they treated the backgrounds in the HD Remaster of RE1 was criminal.

Also, Type C Gamecube controls (movement on triggers) is a must, by far the best way to play the older games.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think they won't port the old games. Imo, there is barely any audience for those games.

They sold quite well on PS3.

they should focus on dragons dogma but they are making stupid remakes of classic games.

Both versions of 2 and 3 trounce the sales of Dragon's Dogma. And they're doing both. Besides, DD and RE are different teams entirely. DD is like DMC now, it only happens when Itsuno is available.

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Getting the classic games remastered and on all platforms would be great to see. Heck, Capcom's entire PS1 generation needs a chance to shine as they had so many good games released in that time.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I think the most convincing part of the evidence brought up here is that the assets in the gif have been upscaled which seems like an odd thing to do just for a little social media posts...

Not like the social media or PR teams would be able to remaster those assets from the old game themselves.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Getting the classic games remastered and on all platforms would be great to see. Heck, Capcom's entire PS1 generation needs a chance to shine as they had so many good games released in that time.

Capcom has been focusing a lot on rereleasing old classic games of theirs in great collections the last couple of years. I'm sure they've seen success with those and are probably now looking to do the same with their early 3D games starting with Resident Evil!

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
It's so stupid that the original trilogy are the only mainline games not on the PS4.
Remakes 1 through 3, Code Veronica, 0, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are all on PS4, but not the originals?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

R1010C_altMaskSource.jpg
R1010C.jpg

Well for some people the acquisition and installation of roms, emulators, and system specific builds is messy, yes. Much messier than purchasing a tailored EXE. 😆

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Another remake of RE1 in the style of the recent RE2 and RE3. Includes the original game ported and able to play on current systems. Ports of RE2 and RE3 will be available as free DLC to all owners of the remakes.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I really hope so. Especially with AI upscaled backgrounds, that would be spectacular. However, I think this is reading too deeply and isn't going to amount to much. I'm sure there will be some legacy material coming back but probably not OG versions of 1-3/CV.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they did it for Street Fighter's 30th Anniversary so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for RE's 25th.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Capcom love ports, I think RE's 25th anniversary would be a great time to release a collection of the OGs, plus when you have such radical remakes with RE2 and RE3 it's good to have the originals available for people to buy so that they don't get replaced.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. Would love to finally have easily accessible versions of the classic games.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I will in this post below detail everything happening in the showcase.

To see the contents of this post you must have the Resetera Platinum Gold Prominent Pass

Oct 19, 2018
I've requested them on those surveys they've sent out, I can get Code Veronica on Xbox but it would be nice to get the original versions of 1, 2, and 3 as well.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I will in this post below detail everything happening in the showcase.

To see the contents of this post you must have the Resetera Platinum Gold Prominent Pass

That's more than what I expected, Capcom getting the big guns out next week.

Aug 15, 2020
Considering what they did for Street Fighter's 30th Anniversary, the multiple Mega Man collections, Arcade Beat'em Up, etc, etc, I'd be surprised if they didn't have an OG trilogy compilation coming.