• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
This also means people can roll back to make all mods compatible again (they stopped working with the RT build as that uses a new version of RE Engine where most file formats were different).

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Is the DX12 version straight up broken? Or is it one of those situations where the issues only come up for older less-DX12-friendly cards?

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Given I was just about to start a play through on the Steam Deck of RE2, I'm pleased they've back tracked so quickly.

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
This was clearly a mistake from the start and good on them for fixing it. Dx12 should have been just patched in and optional from the settings, not sure why they have to have two versions but two versions is WAY better than just scrapping it.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Wait was it an entirely different version? Why wasn't RTX just an option in the current version?

For RTX you need DX12. RE8 Village was their first RT game, and only was DX12 available. I'm not sure, but perhaps these upgrades are in a different build. Given that they were non-reversible too.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
For RTX you need DX12. RE8 Village was their first RT game, and only was DX12 available. I'm not sure, but perhaps these upgrades are in a different build. Given that they were non-reversible too.

Yeah I know, but for example in Dying Light 2 if you select RTX it tells you to restart the game in DX12, you don't need an entirely different version of the game so it seems super weird Capcom went down this route.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Well, good? It was dumb to take away compatibility for something people had already paid for years ago anyway (never should've been anything other than adding options, not subtracting them).

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah I know, but for example in Dying Light 2 if you select RTX it tells you to restart the game in DX12, you don't need an entirely different version of the game so it seems super weird Capcom went down this route.
At some point between original release and current release the RE engine has been updated and with that they changed most fileformats, so I guess when they started working on these updates they basically repackaged all the assets and made everything old incompatible. 🤷‍♂️