• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Is there anywhere I can get tempered glass put on my Switch screen for me? lol
Last time I saw somebody buy one from EB, they applied it for them, for free I think.
Really, once you've done it once it's ridiculously easy. By far the easiest application I've ever done because it's stiff. Just set it where you'd like it, stick some stickers on the bottom to hold it in position, flip the top up, peel the backing and let it fall onto the screen.

Oct 25, 2017
we're moving from Vancouver to Victoria and had to give up our landline number (RIP my number since 1994) but even though it's a new area code, do we still keep our cell numbers? Anyone done it before?

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
we're moving from Vancouver to Victoria and had to give up our landline number (RIP my number since 1994) but even though it's a new area code, do we still keep our cell numbers? Anyone done it before?
You can convert landlines to a wireless home phone if you want to keep the number. For cell phones if you have Canada-wide calling it's fine, but locals might be hesitant to dial an unfamiliar area code.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Last time I saw somebody buy one from EB, they applied it for them, for free I think.
Really, once you've done it once it's ridiculously easy. By far the easiest application I've ever done because it's stiff. Just set it where you'd like it, stick some stickers on the bottom to hold it in position, flip the top up, peel the backing and let it fall onto the screen.
Yep, "hinge" method is the easiest. As long as you're not in a very dusty area then this can be done in 30 seconds.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
You can convert landlines to a wireless home phone if you want to keep the number. For cell phones if you have Canada-wide calling it's fine, but locals might be hesitant to dial an unfamiliar area code.

How does that work? if a local phone calls you, that's local calling and wont charge you long distance?

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm currently researching on PC specs for a new one, i want to ask your opinions about ACER cuz i heard it's better system for gaming and i want to believe if it's true or not. Thanks.

Tamerlane

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how much a switch screen replacement/repair costs? I have this bizarre problem where the screen has sunken in on the bottom left corner so that it is slightly canted.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how much a switch screen replacement/repair costs? I have this bizarre problem where the screen has sunken in on the bottom left corner so that it is slightly canted.

Can't pull it up atm, but I think the youtube channel "spawnwave" may have mentioned how to get some during a "let's repair this broken ebay switch" video. If it's just ebay, he'll likely mention the specific name or part you can look for

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any suggestions for a good tattoo place in the GTA? I'm looking at Chronic Ink right now. My tattoo idea is just three very small words with a small design done to one of them, but I still want it to be done well.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm currently researching on PC specs for a new one, i want to ask your opinions about ACER cuz i heard it's better system for gaming and i want to believe if it's true or not. Thanks.
Acer is a good budget brand.

After what seems to be a lifetime, it looks like OLG is back with a bonus credit offer. What was the best way to use this again?
Ng3X1eQ.png

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So I only just now found out that The Source's Xtreme Gaming line had a facelift seemingly back in 2016:

xg_charge_station2.jpg

And I'm wondering if anyone's heard of any Switch accessories from them coming out yet? I assume they're still active, but from googling I couldn't find anything on Xtreme Gaming having any Switch accessories yet. Odd.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Acer is a good budget brand.

After what seems to be a lifetime, it looks like OLG is back with a bonus credit offer. What was the best way to use this again?

There was a pretty great write up when it happened last time that was removed by mods. In fact, I don't even know if even mentioning this at all is okay with the site rules. PM me or check the discord made especially for this (I believe OLG-talk isn't allowed on the actual Canadian Deals Era discord either)

Managed to cash out with exactly 69 bucks. Took forever though, since it requires 10x now

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I've been out of the loop on that stuff for a while now but are there any deals floating around for the PC Game pass?

I used to have XBL Gold and the Xbox version of the Gamepass but both expired and I don't really care about the console stuff anymore since all the XB1 exclusives are also on PC anyway...

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to an election season where Quebec talking heads make ever more elaborate and contrived explanations for why Singh 'isn't connecting' with Quebecers, and any suggestion of racism is met with faux outrage as 'Quebec Bashing.'

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Though NPD has been dropping in Quebec even before Singh. NPD vote was more Layton and protest vote (kinda like Block is). So Block and Green are more competitor to NPD than Liberals or Conservative. For example, the place I grew up in is almost always PQ at provincial but went from Block to NPD and I expect it will be Block again.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What's the best/cheapest way to get a 3DS XL or 2DS XL these days? My 3DS XL just had five rows of dead pixel lines appear on the bottom screen out of nowhere and it's driving me crazy.

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So I only just now found out that The Source's Xtreme Gaming line had a facelift seemingly back in 2016:

xg_charge_station2.jpg

And I'm wondering if anyone's heard of any Switch accessories from them coming out yet? I assume they're still active, but from googling I couldn't find anything on Xtreme Gaming having any Switch accessories yet. Odd.
Not to get off topic, but anyone have experience with those battery packs/station? or should I just suck it up and go into a Microsoft store and get the official one? I'm tired of burning through batteries with my xbox controllers. Ive seen some good deals at the MS store for them from time to time

Oct 26, 2017
Not to get off topic, but anyone have experience with those battery packs/station? or should I just suck it up and go into a Microsoft store and get the official one? I'm tired of burning through batteries with my xbox controllers. Ive seen some good deals at the MS store for them from time to time

My top recommendation is to always go with the 1st-party official battery packs/chargers. Way too risky of there being any potential fire hazards, leaky batteries, bricking, etc.

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Oh I see, does it comes with debit as well? (I don't own any CCs)
I have not seen any debit card with benefits like that. If you are disciplined with your finance, the credit cards benefits make them a really good choice. Just don't use them as a borrowing source. Use them like a debit, only buy with money you have and pay them in full each month.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best/cheapest way to get a 3DS XL or 2DS XL these days? My 3DS XL just had five rows of dead pixel lines appear on the bottom screen out of nowhere and it's driving me crazy.

Just buy one directly from Nintendo of Canada.

In addition I'd recommend checking ebay. Got a refurb 2ds xl many months ago and it was perfect with a warranty left on it.

3ds/2ds are in a weird place right now. Literally the best time in the console cycle to buy. Lots of used ones out there as people "upgrade" to a Switch. Prices will probably drop further once Switch Lite comes out.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Totally this. Been using some made in japan duracells found at staples for years. Excellent life in xbox controllers
Just to add. I've smashed open a bunch of random battery packs. 100% of the ones I've smashed open simply contained some generic trash rechargeable AA's. You're never getting some fancy custom sized lithium cell or whatever you'd expect for the money you're spending.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In addition I'd recommend checking ebay. Got a refurb 2ds xl many months ago and it was perfect with a warranty left on it.

3ds/2ds are in a weird place right now. Literally the best time in the console cycle to buy. Lots of used ones out there as people "upgrade" to a Switch. Prices will probably drop further once Switch Lite comes out.

Nintendo of Canada's prices seem better than eBay's. Just $129.99 for a refurbished New 2ds XL. I'll probably go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.