Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I was following the account (well refreshing since I don't have twitter) and just pre-ordered from Best Buy. Better to go Best Buy or Amazon? I guess it doesn't really matter.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
So the actual game isn't really the microtransaction iOS version.

Animal Crossing is the ultimate slow burn. It's in real time - so when its Feb 3rd and 3 pm IRL, so is the game. You have cute animals, build your town, interact with them, decorate your house.

There's no score, no big task, no competing, its just very relaxing. You play for about 15 minutes a day. Its not some 8 hour time sink per day.

It's my favourite series of all time and I'm just sad I couldn't pre-order the console :(

that sounds like a pretty neat concept. Thanks for the explanation. I'll keep an eye out for the console if I see it go online and let you know.

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the heads up, finally got my AC switch preorder in. Missed the intial drop but managed to lock it in today. Its my second switch but damn it looks so nice.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The AC Switch? Because it's easily the prettiest LE Switch they've released so far. At least, that's my reason.

I'm not even getting the game, lol. (Maybe as a voucher game if I can't find anything before they expire.)
Ah, fair enough. lol
I guess I took the excuse of upgrading to the 3DS XL when I got the Monster Hunter one even though I don't play MH. lol

Just surprised at the thing selling over so quickly.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ugh, I'm starting to think something is up with EBGames. First they didn't bother shipping my Journey to the Savage Planet preorder to the store, now Zombie Army 4 has gone AWOL.

I guess they need all that shipment space for Pops or whatever. :(

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when we'll see any more of those Back Button Attachments come into stock. I regret not getting one when I had the chance.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has Crave's streaming quality gotten any better, at least on the Apple TV 4K?
I'm mulling over subscribing for HBO, but I've been reading that there's issues of pixelation, low bitrate, and poor-ish sound quality.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Has Crave's streaming quality gotten any better, at least on the Apple TV 4K?
I'm mulling over subscribing for HBO, but I've been reading that there's issues of pixelation, low bitrate, and poor-ish sound quality.
On Apple TV 4K it streams 1080p now. Still not 4K, but stream quality is noticeably better than it was in the dark days of night-time episodes of Game of Thrones.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On Apple TV 4K it streams 1080p now. Still not 4K, but stream quality is noticeably better than it was in the dark days of night-time episodes of Game of Thrones.
Have you ever compared it with the iTunes versions of stuff, maybe I'll sub for a month and see how it is.
Catherine looked incredible despite being 1080p on iTunes.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CloseTalker Do you know if Prime Video differs from US to Canada?

Just Watch has a whole bunch of stuff that isn't on the Canadian Prime for some reason... "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Parasite"... etc.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
TorontoERA, are there any similar places to A and C Games in downtown?
I remember there was a tinier game store in the area near the university, but everyone else moved out of downtown.

CloseTalker Do you know if Prime Video differs from US to Canada?

Just Watch has a whole bunch of stuff that isn't on the Canadian Prime for some reason... "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Parasite"... etc.
Yes it does. If you use a proxy/vpn, you can see the US catalogue (as with Netflix).

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I think everyone's moved out of the core now. Game-Centre closed their Yonge and Charles location and is somewhere on the Danforth (nice store though!), and I know Game Mania is at Bloor and Keele. I think there might be a store around College and Bathurst but I've never been personally.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think everyone's moved out of the core now. Game-Centre closed their Yonge and Charles location and is somewhere on the Danforth (nice store though!), and I know Game Mania is at Bloor and Keele. I think there might be a store around College and Bathurst but I've never been personally.
I feel like we went from a ton of stores in the downtown core to nothing. Game Shack moved up near Yorkdale AFAIK. IceMan moved out of the city a couple of years back.

At least I live near Game Mania.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what the hell, that's lame. Expected, but, still.
Maybe Prime will be the subscription I only get temporarily once a year, then, to catch up with the Amazon shows once a year.
Oh if you're just talking about the Prime exclusive shows, most of those are universal - the only exceptions are exclusive re-licenses like Star Trek Picard, which is available on Prime everywhere except the US and Canada.
But their licensed catalogue is definitely different across the world because of licensing, like the other platforms.

BubbaGum

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Prime Videos, if you're fine with psychological horror I highly recommend Midsommar. It came out in the last year and is already on Prime!

Oct 26, 2017
Question for those who use Microsoft Rewards. Are the Best Buy gift cards usable to buy eShop gift cards?

Also I have a 3 month Xbox Live Gold code I got as a reward from it but I'm not sure if I want it, how much would someone here buy it for?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Best options are Game Mania (near Keele) or Game Centre (near Pape station). The only other option is Last Gen On College near Beverly), It's a super small store so don't expect big selection but he gets some good stuff from time to time for a fair price (Game Centre is sadly the best spot for deals out of the TO lot).

I miss Iceman, I should have bought more before they closed their DT store. :(

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
If you go to Orfus Road nears Dufferin's intersection, there's a new corner around and you will see a large, retail store (It's only a few blocks in walk) that have several video games and toptable board games as well. Maybe that's your alley?

I'll check it out when I have a chance. Thanks. I have been playing board games a lot recently with my friends. Catan is really gooood.

Oct 26, 2017
If you go to Orfus Road nears Dufferin's intersection, there's a new corner around and you will see a large, retail store (It's only a few blocks in walk) that have several video games and toptable board games as well. Maybe that's your alley?
Yeah that's Game Shack. Much bigger than their prior stores, but that's mostly due to the back of it being reserved for card playing (like at A&C).

Solid selection of out of print current gen stuff like plenty of rare sealed Switch stuff during the couple times I was there over the past year or so.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Looking to buy the PS4 Back Button attachment and looks like stock is pretty scarce. How often is stock being replenished? Where is my best option to grab one? I live in Niagara and have looked online at Walmart and Best Buy stock.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking to buy the PS4 Back Button attachment and looks like stock is pretty scarce. How often is stock being replenished? Where is my best option to grab one? I live in Niagara and have looked online at Walmart and Best Buy stock.
For me, picking it up in store was my best bet. I used that wal-mart stock tracker posted a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.