• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else hop in the 50% off gamepass? I'm good till July now

Im tempted but someone on red flag deals says it will be cheaper on black Friday according to the X0 event. Not sure if true since I didn't watch it myself.
Also have 4-5 months worth of trial codes as backup although if they do the stackable $1-2 per month promo again ill probably buy a bunch. lol

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Is it possible to call a Canada Post sorting centre?
No. Book Depository was telling you to go to your local PO and ask if they have anything for you like an idiot, because it is possible your package was sitting there because your mail carrier failed to card your door somehow.
I have had a parcel that failed to card me before. I think it was misdelivered to an incorrect address because the parcel was sitting at a random post office that wasn't near me, I only found my stuff because tracking told me the random PO to check.
It's entirely possible your package is just going to show up in a week. I've had very few packages lost, but MANY have arrived absurdly late.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/12/playstations-black-friday-week-2018-deals-revealed/

• A new Marvel's Spider-Man Standard Edition PS4 Bundle for $259.99 CAN. jet-black 1TB.

• DualShock 4 wireless controllers available $49.99 CAN
  • PlayStation VR systems available for $249.99 CAN.

• PlayStation Plus is offering discounts on their 12-month subscription, while special deals on popular game titles, will be offered at PlayStation Store this November 16-27, 2018.

I'm hoping EB will have a PS4 $225 trade in deal.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/12/playstations-black-friday-week-2018-deals-revealed/

• A new Marvel's Spider-Man Standard Edition PS4 Bundle for $259.99 CAN. jet-black 1TB.

• DualShock 4 wireless controllers available $49.99 CAN

• PlayStation VR systems available for $249.99 CAN.

• PlayStation Plus is offering discounts on their 12-month subscription, while special deals on popular game titles, will be offered at PlayStation Store this November 16-27, 2018.
That's all? That's a wrap on BF.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
No. Book Depository was telling you to go to your local PO and ask if they have anything for you like an idiot, because it is possible your package was sitting there because your mail carrier failed to card your door somehow.
I have had a parcel that failed to card me before. I think it was misdelivered to an incorrect address because the parcel was sitting at a random post office that wasn't near me, I only found my stuff because tracking told me the random PO to check.
It's entirely possible your package is just going to show up in a week. I've had very few packages lost, but MANY have arrived absurdly late.

Yeah. That's what I assumed.

I did go in, like an idiot, and got talked to like one. I have a FlexDelivery address there so there was a small chance. But nothing was there.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Is there any way I can gift a subscription of Xbox Game Pass to a friend who just bought an Xbox One? I don't have one, and the website only shows me gift options for the 1-month subscription?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Noticed this deal at Indigo a few days ago. Seemed too good to be true but it's legit. I just got my points credited.

mz5-hsqRSc_Q0J0Yfhn7pQ.png

you just need to create a registry while signed into your account and you'll get the points. Don't even need to use it.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-CA/list/create/registry

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
$250 for PSVR headset, camera, Astro Bot, and Moss is absolutely incredible value. It's wonderful to see how far prices have fallen (I believe PSVR started at launch for $550 for the bundle with no Move controllers and no games).

I wonder what the price will be for the SuperHOT bundle that includes Move controllers. $324.99?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
$250 for PSVR headset, camera, Astro Bot, and Moss is absolutely incredible value. It's wonderful to see how far prices have fallen (I believe PSVR started at launch for $550 for the bundle with no Move controllers and no games).

I wonder what the price will be for the SuperHOT bundle that includes Move controllers. $324.99?

Moss and Astro Bot are amazing. If I had to guess, I'd say $130 off that as well so $319.

SickBoy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, this is off topic, but I was hoping some smart Canadians would have some valuable input (I posted this rant elsewhere on Discord, but looking for as many tips as I can get):

Our washing machine is on its last legs and our dishwasher kicked the bucket a few weeks ago, so we're in the market for new appliances. Computer and tech buying I am OK with. I haven't always made the right purchasing choices, but I feel good about my knowledge and how I do research. Car-buying, it's all data-driven. Reliability, price/features and overall value. I hate the experience of working with dealers, etc., but I feel like I've got a system that works.

Appliance shopping? Holy shit. It's like a firehose of conflicting data. User reviews are so routinely negative and it feels like some sites juice the review scores (or all the reviews are from people who have done one load in these machines and are like, "Yes, this machine is the best.")

So I'm looking at this Whirlpool dishwasher through Consumer Reports. Gets a great score for the price (81). User reviews: 3.3 (bleh). Consumer Reports gives it its highest rating for drying. Critical user reviews routinely complain about its drying performance.

Same goes for washers, dryers, the whole lot of these appliances (we're looking at dryers too, since our dryer is of the same vintage as our washer and has also seen better days).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, this is off topic, but I was hoping some smart Canadians would have some valuable input (I posted this rant elsewhere on Discord, but looking for as many tips as I can get):

Our washing machine is on its last legs and our dishwasher kicked the bucket a few weeks ago, so we're in the market for new appliances. Computer and tech buying I am OK with. I haven't always made the right purchasing choices, but I feel good about my knowledge and how I do research. Car-buying, it's all data-driven. Reliability, price/features and overall value. I hate the experience of working with dealers, etc., but I feel like I've got a system that works.

Appliance shopping? Holy shit. It's like a firehose of conflicting data. User reviews are so routinely negative and it feels like some sites juice the review scores (or all the reviews are from people who have done one load in these machines and are like, "Yes, this machine is the best.")

So I'm looking at this Whirlpool dishwasher through Consumer Reports. Gets a great score for the price (81). User reviews: 3.3 (bleh). Consumer Reports gives it its highest rating for drying. Critical user reviews routinely complain about its drying performance.

Same goes for washers, dryers, the whole lot of these appliances (we're looking at dryers too, since our dryer is of the same vintage as our washer and has also seen better days).
I'm always super skeptical with user review for things like that. Users are generally much more inclined to leave a review when they're pissed off than when they're happy. I'd stick to professional reviews and go from there, but that's just me.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be posting the refreshed Canadian Deals & Discussion Thread sometime today.

If anyone has any recommendations for a thread subtitle (i.e: |OT 2| Electric Boogaloo) please let me know in a quote to this post!

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here have any luck with changing a credit card on a Walmart preorder? Everything I read said to phone in and they will change it (and subsequently remove the E3 preorder discounts), but when I called in, they told me that it will automatically switch to the active credit card on my account when it finds the previous card not available.

I strongly suspect that this is not actually true — anyone else experienced that?

I just dealt with this for RDR2. I called them, they said the same thing. I made sure I had the most upto date card on file. It charged my new card fine. I was surprised.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll be posting the refreshed Canadian Deals & Discussion Thread sometime today.

If anyone has any recommendations for a thread subtitle (i.e: |OT 2| Electric Boogaloo) please let me know in a quote to this post!
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2| Prime For Disappointment
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2| Welcome to the Jungle, Eh?
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2| I'd Buy That For a Dollar But It's Selling For Eighty
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2| Red Flag Fails
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2| Blunt Deals, Blazing Hot Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.