• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of support for Bernier on Twitter. Lots of folks slamming Scheer and saying that they're switching sides to Bernier's new party.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge win for progressives and a huge win for sanity!

Either Bernier loses and is lost to history or the right wing vote splits handing Trudeau the easiest election ever.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Bernier can't just sign up to be on the ballot nationwide. In order to win he'd have to build a national party infrastructure and recruit hundreds of candidates in ridings across Canada.

Also his own riding has a bunch of dairy farmers, and he lost his own riding to Andrew Scheer during the leadership race. I'm not convinced Bernier could win his own riding again. It seems possible that his party might actually win a few seats while he loses his own seat.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Bernier can't just sign up to be on the ballot nationwide. In order to win he'd have to build a national party infrastructure and recruit hundreds of candidates in ridings across Canada.

Also his own riding has a bunch of dairy farmers, and he lost his own riding to Andrew Scheer during the leadership race. I'm not convinced Bernier could win his own riding again. It seems possible that his party might actually win a few seats but he would lose his own seat.
this is true, the Dairy Farmers in his own backyard chose Sheere for the leadership.

if Max continues with crusade against supply-side-management; he could lose is own riding

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lived in the province for 15 years. Its full of racist shit heads, higher taxes, shitty healthcare and terrible infrastructure and roads.
I'm sorry my friend, but shit heads are everywhere, taxes are close to ontario level. The Last three I will agree with you though. Doesn't make this place the shittiest place in canada. Where do you live now?

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess bernier wanted to follow his buddy fildebrandt in Alberta and create a new party. I think he will be more successful then fildebrandt at this point.

Tauntaun

Oct 27, 2017
this is the best thing to happen for liberals and ndp, finally conservative votes are split!

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Godspeed with your current shithow

Doug-Ford-Buck-A-Beer-Returns-640x380.png

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not buying this will happen. I think he may just be making some kind of play for more power or influence within the party.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat, a white supremacist is forming his own party!

I wonder what it'll be called, though. If only we had a term for a party that championed white supremacist values...

Ah well, I'm sure he'll find one that fits just reich.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or shitting their pants because they can't take advantage of conservative infighting anymore.

Look at Ontario and the Patrick Brown/Doug Ford precedent.

Those are pretty different comparisons, Brown didn't form his own party. Also Doug Ford, while very unpopular, became leader when there was no possible way for Wynne to win. The Ontario situation and Federal situation are very different

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canadians fighting over which province is better, really?

Isn't this how separatism is galvanized?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Just like the US .

The States went from a black president to Trump .

We went from an LGBT premier to a former drug dealer .

For every progressive action there's an equal and opposite regressive reaction .
I say more like a 2 to 1 ratio, 1 step forward 2 back.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this doesn't turn into a huge right-wing split, it just feels good to watch Bernier's political career crash and burn.