Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Prefer sleeping on my side but I can sleep on my back if I have to sometimes. I used to sleep on my stomach some too but pretty much never do now.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I have a easier time falling asleep sitting in a train than trying to do it on my back.

Otherwise, it's on my side or stomach (mostly side).

I don't know, it feels awkward to be laying on my back, weirdly enough. I don't know where to put my arms and i need a fresh pillow on one of my cheeks.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I can, and I need to do this more often. Im more of a stomach sleeper though, but I feel that me sleeping on my stomach causes me to sleep worse and causing me some neck pain. I can't prove this, but it's my assumption.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Nope and I am about to have surgery that will stop me sleeping on my stomach for 6 weeks. I really hope I can adjust.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Side or back, no problem. Feel like my spine is going to snap in half if I attempt my front.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Never. Same with laying back on a plane or car ride. Makes me miserable for 12+ hour rides/flights. I can only fall asleep on my stomach.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I was only able to sleep while on my side until I was a teenager. Since then I've only been able to sleep on my back.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Not since I read that you are more susceptible to sleep paralysis.

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Ever since I found out that sleeping on your back can give you sleep paralysis I've been avoiding it like the plague

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Sleeping on my back is almost guaranteed to give me night terrors and sleep paralysis, so I try not to.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried so many times but never managed to... It's frustrating because I'm comfy on my back, but I end up wide awake (insomnia doesn't help with that either)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Vastly prefer to sleep on my back but have been trained by girlfriends to sleep on my side due to snoring.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I can't usually fall asleep on my back but once I'm asleep, if I'm tossing and turning I have no issue going on my back and falling back asleep.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
I only ever sleep on my side. Feels weird trying to sleep on my back.

After getting out of the hospital at the beginning of last year with broken ribs, collar bone and shoulder blade, I had to sleep laying upright. Legs flats on the bed, body at 45 degrees propped up by pillows. It's amazing how your sleeping habits can change when any alternative results in incredible pain.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I can fall asleep on my back but usually have terrible dreams. Sleep on my side normally and flip to stomach sometimes.

I do have back issues so maybe I should persist with back sleeping.

Also had sleep paralysis once in the late 90s with sleeping on my back, it was like I had a heavy wardrobe on top of me and could only move my neck a little. Could probably handle it better now.

Last edited:

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Since I got a herniated disk I can. I fall asleep faster in a sideways/stomache position but I can sleep on my back nowdays.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always get jolted awake right before I'm about to fall asleep if I'm trying to sleep on my back. I'm not sure why. I do regularly wake up on my back, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I always sleep on my back now and would encourage anybody to do the same (unless they've got sleep paralysis or something).

Used to sleep on my side but I'd always have to worry about whether I'm using the right pillow or have enough neck support. Would wake up with pain in my neck if I was using a shitty pillow on my side. On your back you really don't have to worry about it.

RiB

Nov 6, 2017
I can sleep on my front or either side of my body. Sleeping in my back is to uncomfortable. If I wake up in the night I turn to a different side and am back to sleep in 2 mins.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Try having kids. I can now sleep on my front, back, side, seated, curled up in a bed that's too small for me and probably even upside down.
It's like the karma sutra for falling asleep.
Shit I learned to sleep standing thanks to kids.

Honestly surprised to see people who cant/dont sleep in different positions.

There is something really great about being able to get a good sleep just about anywhere.