• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These are all fantastic. So much memorable stuff to mine from these movies, compared to what we got later on.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
2TlrNta.jpg

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All it does is just highlight just how badly the Raimi movies have aged, with lame digs towards the superior Spider-Man movie that actually respect it's fans and the comics aka Spider-man; Homecoming.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
All it does is just highlight just how badly the Raimi movies have aged, with lame digs towards the superior Spider-Man movie that actually respect it's fans and the comics aka Spider-man; Homecoming.
giphy.gif

They've aged like fine wine my man. They got heart and a certain magic to them that future films lack. I love Homecoming but let's not kid ourselves here and say it's better than Spider-Man 2. (Or 1 for that matter)

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like this thread is a meme itself "can we take the time and appreciate _______"

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

They've aged like fine wine my man. They got heart and a certain magic to them that future films lack. I love Homecoming but let's not kid ourselves here and say it's better than Spider-Man 2. (Or 1 for that matter)

Homecoming is the better movie because it did one thing better than the Raimi movie did, they didn't treat their female characters as the damsel in distress that Peter had to save during the final battle.

Raimi recycled this shit 3 fucking time.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So I guess Tobey Maguire destroyed his career with his ridiculous shenanigans in Spider Man 3...

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Homecoming is the better movie because it did one thing better than the Raimi movie did, they didn't treat their female characters as the damsel in distress that Peter had to save during the final battle.

Best thing about the Raimi movies is how no one questions that everyone some supervillain shows up they always kidnap the same girl just before their big confrontation with Spider-Man.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Really? That's your reason? A trope that's been used to hell and back in comic books? A trope that was even used in Homecoming?
maxresdefault.jpg
It makes sense that villains would take leverage of the people that Peter loves the most. You want Mary Jane to uncanonically get super powers or something?

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
In 20 years another Yahoo is going to be saying the same shit about homecoming and luckily most of the planet will be under water for anyone to call them a Yahoo.