• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
ivZuObA.jpg

You're making the same mistake as Jon Arbuckle, who officially is drinking a "protein-enriched drink formulated for a pregnant dog"
We know it's not, Jim Davis!

supermatt

Oct 25, 2017
Probably! My cat is also on BP meds and her vet told me it's literally just the human medication and can be called into any pharmacy so now I pick up my cat's meds at the Rite Aid down the block and apparently the pharmacists had never seen this before and found it very entertaining the first time.

OP
OP
Cats

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to do it since whatever, I'm lazy and why risk it just in case but I do want to say this thread averages from "this is the stupidest thing ever" to "it's totally fine it's the exact same"

There is no consensus in here lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
that reminds me, i still have a bunch of fish antibiotics in my work desk

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, lol, I'm not gonna take this med randomly. It was a hard google topic and I wondered if this was going to be a "duh, all medicine is the same it's illegal to make anything with a different chemical formula or grade" type thing so I didn't have to miss a dose.
..... That only applies between generics and brand names, not medications between different species.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
couldnt afford to see a doctor a few years ago and had an infection so I bought bird biotics... it worked?

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just as an FYI whether it's safe and effective or not no fucking doctor will support this so don't even bother asking.

OP
OP
Cats

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
How do you know if your pet has high blood pressure
She has congestive heart failure and it's used to thin the blood so the heart can work less. Sadly she's had the condition for years and she's now off the meds and in hospice care (with me), so she wouldn't have minded if I took half a pill.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Sure call your doctor....... But........

This is the same medicine and if you're in a pinch and this is life saving medicine for you and you can't get your rx filled, then yes, take it. It's painful to say but you are more important than your cat.

I have an epileptic dog. He takes phenobarbital, a human seizure medicine in literally the same dose as a small child. It's the same medicine, and CVS fills it. There's not one for dogs and one for humans. It's the same supply and the same drug.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Once you start growing whiskers and four additional nipples you should definitively stop taking them.