Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Did you look at the three intervening movies as an example of what not to do?
Salvation took place in the future. I had always been attracted to the idea of doing a Terminatorfilm that dealt with the future war. I probably would have done it quite differently. And what you learn from that film is that it's not as interesting as when those future elements come into our world.
McG!
:despairman

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Two good things came out of Salvation. "Good for you" Bale meme and Cameron realizing that the future war in the audience head would always be more interesting than actually filming it.

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Two good things came out of Salvation. "Good for you" Bale meme and Cameron realizing that the future war in the audience head would always be more interesting than actually filming it.
Have to believe a Cameron written/directed Future War film would have been fucking leagues better than McG's shit.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Salvation is the best post-T2 Terminator movie. That doesn't mean it's good but at least it wasn't the same story over and over again, and it's way, way better than T3 and Sega Genesis.

It's a movie I wish Cameron had done in '96-97. That Cameron is never coming back.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
damn it

ugh ugh ugh

A Cameron directed Future War would have been absolutely amazing.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Except those two-and-a-half minutes of it they filmed for T2 is better than all the post-T2 sequels combined. When people bring up a future war movie, that's the scene they have in their heads.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
A Cameron future war would've been some Dark-style incredible shit

latest

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bale showed 100x more emotion in that bitchfit of his than any scene in the actual movie.

Speaks volumes about how shit a director McLoser was.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It would have been neat to have a future war film that looked like the T1/T2 versions of it

source.gif

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHY WERE THERE NO LASERS IN SALVATION?

WHY!?

Oh right, because McLoser thought they weren't "realistic."

But a giant Terminator that looked like a Transformers reject was A-Ok!

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
To make a Future War that meets up to his standards would require the most expensive film ever made...times 10. Unless he does everything in CG like Avatar.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Fox Racing sponsoring the Avatar sequels or something? It's all I ever see James Cameron wear.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Yea I don't agree with him here. His version of a Terminator flick set in the future would have been great. The feeling of a big war, with humans struggling to survive just want really there. I enjoyed Salvation but it left alot to be desired.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
It would have been neat to have a future war film that looked like the T1/T2 versions of it

source.gif

So fucking badass and all we got now are shitty green screened overwrought imitations. They can't even get the vibe down. Goes to show auteur vision is important. And trying to replicate what is in Cameron's head is just a fools errand.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Cameron? Oh, JAMES Cameron. So thaaaaaaat's why Summer Glau's character on Sara Conner Chronicles was named Cameron. I feel very dumb, but also brilliant.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would be interesting is a spinoff showing what the Future War looked like in Europe or even Africa

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Saving Private Ryan but set in the future, and instead of Tom Hanks it's John Connor and instead of private Ryan it's Resse in a concentration camp.

Do it.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Cameron already made a Future War movie, and it was awesome. I speak of course about T2:3D Battle Across Time.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Have to believe a Cameron written/directed Future War film would have been fucking leagues better than McG's shit.
Except those two-and-a-half minutes of it they filmed for T2 is better than all the post-T2 sequels combined. When people bring up a future war movie, that's the scene they have in their heads.
These. Honestly that's probably the only way I see this franchise going forwards, if another one gets made. I mean how many more times can they do a movie about preventing Judgement Day? Also, Arnold's old as fuck.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I agree with him, and I've always been kind of "eh" on seeing the future war.

Everything about the future war encompasses the stuff I'm least interested in seeing when it comes to Terminator as a franchise. John Conner as this messiah figure, big fights against armies of robots. That stuff was interesting to me in short bursts, but it was never what I really wanted.