• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ugh, that sucks so much! Doubly so when you know it has to be someone you know who did it. >.<

I hope your stuff turns up again with some explaination since finding out who in your family might have stolen from you is a nightmare all in itself.

OP
OP
Shauni

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should also say, now that I know she was at the reunion and also at the house at least once or twice in my absence, I'm about 90% sure it's my sister. She's a pretty notorious thief and has stolen from family before. She'll never admit it, and she's actually in jail now due to some stuff related to her trying to get in these poser skinhead group who claims they are associated with the Aryan Brotherhood but aren't (this is according to my father in law).

Heisenberg726

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I should also say, now that I know she was at the reunion and also at the house at least once or twice in my absence, I'm about 90% sure it's my sister. She's a pretty notorious thief and has stolen from family before. She'll never admit it, and she's actually in jail now due to some stuff related to her trying to get in these poser skinhead group who claims they are associated with the Aryan Brotherhood but aren't (this is according to my father in law).

Would you press charges? It doesn't matter if she's your sister, she committed a crime.

OP
OP
Shauni

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you press charges? It doesn't matter if she's your sister, she committed a crime.

If I could prove it was her, yeah, but that stuff is long gone if it was her and considering the amount of time that's passed, the lack of any kind of video evidence to prove it was her, I think the only way I could is if she confessed to it, which I guarantee she never would lol.

Miles Iz Ded

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe check completed listings on Ebay from around the time of the reunion? Or your sister's username if you have that?

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
This is quite unfortunate. I hope you can at least get replacements for the major stuff.

Only remotely similar thing that has ever happened to me was when my brother sold our NES and a bunch of classic games without telling anyone about it. He probably didn't even get a good price for them either. If he had been more open about it, I wouldn't have cared as much.