• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Even with all its launch issues, disabled HQ and switching to p2p I've still managed to log around 2 days online, if it was that bad and I wasn't enjoying it I'd have put my time gaming into something else.

It's too early for me to say this is the best current gen COD but it's definitely up there with BLOPS3 for me, probably pips it due to boots on the ground, map count certainly let's WWII down though. I never even loaded BLOPS3 campaign so can't comment on that but I ended up in the early hundred and something Master Prestige.

So IMO

WWII just ahead of BLOPS3, the dabbing and shitty emotes started to annoy me in blops that's for sure.
Infinite Warfare (first Pro title I got & the campaign was pretty decent. Lasted a couple of games on MP until MWR took over).
Advanced Warfare
Ghosts.... But but... Fish AI!!!

Last edited:

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
How would you rank the Call of Duty titles on current-gen (excluding Modern Warfare Remastered) consoles?

1. Black Ops III - it was perfect
  2. Infinite Warfare - tried the beta and hated it, bought the pro edition cheap and hated the complete game, but with time it grew on me and loved it in the end.
  3. WWII - love it so far, there is something very iffy with SMG's in this game but it pushes me to get better.
  4. Ghosts - it was ok, nothing special but ok, maps were weirdly huge.
  5. Advanced Warfare - hated the MP mode in this one, my K/D ratio was horible and could not get into the whole chaotic jumping/flying.
PS
This is only in regard to the MP mode.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ranked 2900 worldwide.
7th prestige.
Almost 6 days logged in.

I love World War II & "WWII" isn't too bad.

99% of my gametime is War. Gridiron is the other 1%.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
I have such a strong love hate relationship with this game. One match I'll go 30+ and a handful of deaths. Next I'm 2-9 an entire match until the last minute when I suddenly get a 5-7 kill streak. I don't know what it is, but I'm always so inconsistent in this game. I feel like I've just been out of the CoD loop for so long that I'm misremembering all the bad matches from back in the day lol.

Also the M1A1 owns

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
We doing list. I'm wit it.

AW
BLOPS3
BLOPS2
MW2
BLOPS1

As for WW2. I'm enjoying it because is fucking COD. And I like the ideas they implemented with Divisions and all. But man the game has way too many issues for my liking as I keep playing it. I refuse to believe this game was being worked on for three years. Like who thought it was a good idea to have a rocket launcher as a basic training? I caught a whole team by their spawn one time just unloading on one and the damn thing was still up. That's not right. I feel like I am playing Destiny at times knowing where my enemies are going to be at every fucking time because of the recon plane and weapons (besides SMG's on Airborne) show up on the radar constantly. And it doesn't help that footsteps sound louder than a sub woofer at a club. And whoever is the sound engineer needs to really redo the audio. You have no idea where the footsteps are coming from at times. And on Hardcore is the worst. I never had such issues with sound in any COD. Because how online is sometimes. I've been mostly playing Hardcore. Something I've never done in any COD. I dabble here and there, but not like this. Here's a quick clip on everyones favorite map.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I can't play ranked with friends?

Because they're afraid of people being "carried"?

I can't wait to never play a sledgehammer game again

Last edited:

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It's just temporary:

The Placement Season that starts tomorrow is important to establish players' MMR-based starting tier for Call of Duty: WWII Seasons 2 and beyond. It also gives us the opportunity to ensure that all Ranked Play functionality is solid and delivers the best experience for players. Please note: Initially, party functionality will not be available at the start of Season 1. While the Placement Season is crucial to building our individual MMR player database, we will be enabling parties in Ranked Play soon.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
The last thing I'm interested in when playing a game like COD is ranked. They would have to put some crazy incentives to get me to play a ranked mode in a game where people tend not to talk or play the obj. I did jump into the MP today, and had a pretty decent time in my handful of matches. I'm still not a fan of the maps, but the guns feel pretty good and I am not having any of the connections issues I had in the Beta. I still think they not to clean up the loot box system, it should not be this hard for me to figure out how/when I'm getting loot boxes without going to youtube.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
What's your set up here m8?
Type 100[Long Barrel and Rapid Fire]
Division[Mountain with Lookout Basic Training]

Lookout, Basic Training is very useful in HC. Oppositions names appear right away and fewer accidents killing your teammates.

The Type 100 is very awesome in HC. Is better than the other SMG's due to range and accuracy. And I play at 800 DPI.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly never understood the point of ranked play in COD.
It's for people that like ranked play and CoD and want to play ranked play in CoD

The last thing I'm interested in when playing a game like COD is ranked. They would have to put some crazy incentives to get me to play a ranked mode in a game where people tend not to talk or play the obj.
But... That's exactly why people go to ranked play? Because people do talk and play the objective. It's like playing a different game entirely.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Screw it, I'll do a MP rank too.

Modern Warfare 2
Black Ops
World At War
Modern Warfare (and remastered)
Black Ops II
Black Ops III
Modern Warfare 3
Advanced Warfare
Infinite Warfare
Ghosts

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Current-gen ranking based only on campaigns:

MW Remastered
Ghosts
Advanced Warfare
Infinite Warfare
Black Ops III

I'll come back and slide WWII in there whenever I finish it, but so far it's looking somewhere between IW and BOIII.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on Amazon for just $38 earlier today and wanted to pick it up later. Now I can't find the deal anywhere. Is it over? :(

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Did they recently nerf some of the ARs? I used to be good at around 1.3-1.5 KDR and now I'm going like 2-15 and nothing is hitting.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Ranked playlists? The option is still grayed out for me in the menus. Wanted to play with friends tonight.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Tried the bar after the nerf and went 39-8 and 34-9, didn't feel or notice any difference in the weapon handling. I use rapid fire, grip and FMJ, Infantry class.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is, but every game I join now has this weird stuttering that's seriously jarring. It's like a split second lag that happens every few seconds (PS4 Pro here), and just makes me not want to play at all.

I did the HQ fix and it's still there. Unless I have to do it every time I enter a match. I don't even load HQ anymore.

COD: WWII is just outright terrible in terms of technical competency. HQ is broken (it's still not fixed for everyone), Quick Draw still not fixed (bugs from the friggin' beta aren't fixed), server issues, matchmaking issues, and just a litany of technical sloppiness that I find it hard to believe it took them three years to make this. Imagine if they had a new game engine, new IP, new core gameplay mechanic...we'd barely be able to load the game at all.

There's a certain love-hate with every COD game, but for WWII, my patience is almost spent and it's just a month in. I'd rather download BO3 again than deal with technical issues that take weeks to get resolved, and when a new patch is rolled out, a new mess of shit is introduced.

SHG seriously needs a better QA and cert team, and maybe a proper Community Manager.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Heres my list for this gen:

1.black ops 3
2.WW2
3.ghosts

I never played AW as i was into titanfall. I downloaded IW beta and thought it was horrible. TTK was way too short imo.
I do play MWR and i enjoy that even if it feels completely dated now.

I agree with dude abover. Launchers should never have been locked to a basic training. It should be selectable as a secondary.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I powered through the rest of the campaign and it is ass-o-clock right now.

Speaking purely in terms of level design it's actually a pretty good campaign. I just didn't like the QTEs and how much it relied on the HUD to tell you what to do. Like Sledgehammer's previous work and Infinity Ward's games, WWII's campaign has a good amount of variety in its levels and encounters. The game doesn't get repetitive and each new situation manages to strike a good balance between feeling like a dynamic battle and being a scripted event. Paris was by far the most interesting mission in the game. The real issue is how much it relies on cut scenes and non-interactive parts to tell, essentially, all the character portions of the story. They're trying to tell more personal stories with COD games but are stuck within the confines of an FPS. I think if any big-budget war game wanted to really branch out in storytelling, it would start lifting aspects of other genres, but that's an entirely different discussion.

The story itself is... yeah. WWII's story feels almost totally unaware of other WWII games, including COD games. Maybe Sledgehammer felt like it had to go back to the classic high-notes for its return to the setting? But for the most part it just doesn't feel very smart. Then again, has COD ever, save for COD4's campaign?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I didn't realize BO3 was so loved. I'm not into all that wall running shit.

Personally my personal multiplayer favorites are BO2 and then BO1.

Finished the WWII campaign, which I thought was pretty good. Going to start slipping in some multiplayer now.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Campaign scenes that were running at 60FPS before the patch are now an inconsistent ~30/31FPS with screen tearing. If these were traditional third person cutscenes it'd be fine but these are flowing seemlessly right in and out of gameplay. The switch to the tearing low framerate is so jarring, though no one seems to be talking about it so I guess we're stuck with it like this now.