• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Are data caps a common thing in other parts of the world? as I don't know anyone here in the UK with one, or them even talked about.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
my brother bought this game in january and no lie he has not actually played it because every single time he goes to try it there's a bunch of massive shit he has to download. absolutely ridiculous.

On PC I absolutely haven't played since launch due to all the bs with shaders downloading each and every time I boot the game up. With these ginormous patches bloating up my SSD as well, I don't see myself digging back into the game like.. ever again. (unless BR mode releases finally I guess...)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Just to check, do I need to download the new maps once I get in game, or am I good to go once the patch is done?

I waited like an hour for the game to install and update when I bought it last week, then had to do another like 10GB DL for the multiplayer pack lol.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
at this point i just uninstall the game and download again.

but i feel very sorry for people playing from the disc.

remember last gen when the biggest game was like TLOU with 17gb? get ready for next gen.

Yeah next gen I imagine there will be a lot more patches like this. Going to cripple people's bandwidth limits if they don't have unlimited

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
at this point i just uninstall the game and download again.

but i feel very sorry for people playing from the disc.

remember last gen when the biggest game was like TLOU with 17gb? get ready for next gen.

Lmao yeah with games trying to target 4k more directly next gen sizes are going to keep ballooning. If there is one worry I have its going to be storage space going into the next generation. I do hope Sony has a path forward for storage expansion for the PS5. I can't see a 1TB HDD being nearly enough for some folks.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I loved buying this game on disc on release day and having to download for another 24 Hrs before I could even play the campaign .

I equally love getting home and seeing a 68 gig update file which again means wait another 24 hrs .

My og Xbox is struggling lol, this and fifa take up 70% of the disc. I need to invest in a usb hard drive.

Next gen machines need at least a minimum 2tb hard drives.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Optimising what in the files?

If not performance...or install size.. :S What, the folder structure lol. People were locked out of the game for like a week last time as it get downloading the same huge patch over and over and over. Hope it's worth it.

Before this update, Modern Warfare was split up into 149 Data Packs that were each 800 MB - 1 GB in size. When anything in 1 of these data packs changed you'd have to redownload the entire data pack.

After the update these are structured differently and this won't be the case anymore.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Before this update, Modern Warfare was split up into 149 Data Packs that were each 800 MB - 1 GB in size. When anything in 1 of these data packs changed you'd have to redownload the entire data pack.

After the update these are structured differently and this won't be the case anymore.

I mean, looking in my data folder I have over 140 files that are also around 1GB each :P

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah IW can get fucked with those file sizes. Haven't touched the game in months and this is one of the reasons why.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah IW can get fucked with those file sizes. Haven't touched the game in months and this is one of the reasons why.

Yep. I downloaded the first big update with the battle pass or whatever, if you could just download the multiplayer part of it only that would be different but it forces you to put the whole thing in and they have such absurd patch sizes that the game was easily over 100 GB or something insane. To be fair, other multiplayer shooters have that issue as well but I would rather play those than this so I shelved it.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I went overseas in January and got back recently. Just started up CoD on PC for a quick couple rounds and the update is 92 goddamn gigabytes. WTF IW!