XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever had as many:-

"How did that guy know where I was?"

Moments than in another other game, ever.

There are so many things that can give away your position that the game becomes a run and gun unreal tournament type game,in every game mode.
Stick on the dead silence perk

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
They definitely need to change the tier progression to xp/score instead of time. Not sure who thought that was a good idea, every other lobby there's a guy running in circles. Always a two step forward one step back with Treyarch.

Yea Dead Silence is a must not only for the acoustic sensor but you're ridiculously loud without it. That, scavenger, and maybe engineer are the other perks worthwhile imo. It sucks though using 4 attachments and a sight, I have to use a tier 2 perk over 2 tier 1s if I wasn't dead silence also.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Ok I need some help as I think I am doing something wrong. I was able to get the dimond skin for all light machine guns. But I just started playing assult rife and for the life me I can't get the 10 long shot challenge . It's the only thing missing to get a gold skin for the first gun there . What am i don't wrong here ?

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I need some help as I think I am doing something wrong. I was able to get the dimond skin for all light machine guns. But I just started playing assult rife and for the life me I can't get the 10 long shot challenge . It's the only thing missing to get a gold skin for the first gun there . What am i don't wrong here ?
Nothing. There isn't a lot of spots that the long shot kills will work, so it's tricky. Hardcore helps a lot since the TTK is very low, using the NCIR sight on the weapons that have them will probably help also. It's another dumb camp challenge that should've been something else due to how small most maps are and how high the TTK is.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well yeah ofcourse you'd feel like that. You're not going to get 60 kills in one game in Blackout. ;)
Haha exactly.

It's not just that, progression. I don't feel there's much to grind for on blackout. Blackouts makes me feel like I am wasting time when I could be going towards my next Prestige or working towards diamond camo.

It's a nice change of pace once in awhile, but I can't find a reason to do it over and over again

And on a personal level cod has just always been this fast paced, fun, chaotic game for me, like always. That's the adrenaline I've gone to for years, so I can't just slow it down by 100%. But I'm glad it's finding a new audience through blackout

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017

From there, you can play hardcore or you will have to burst your shots.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Boy I don't know how people are already on like prestige 2 or 3. Just got to Prestige 1 like 15 minutes ago and by my clock it took me ~25 hours.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Boy I don't know how people are already on like prestige 2 or 3. Just got to Prestige 1 like 15 minutes ago and by my clock it took me ~25 hours.
Double xp weekend helped a lot, I'm almost prestige 3. Also you get a lot of new challenges once you prestige and prestiging weapons helps a lot as well as going for diamonds camos.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
How long would it take to get from 1-20 for the Halloween stuff? I only have a few days left but I've been mostly playing zombies for the facepaints and it sucks that you don't get any progress in the battle pass.

I'm curious if I should even try at this point.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
How long would it take to get from 1-20 for the Halloween stuff? I only have a few days left but I've been mostly playing zombies for the facepaints and it sucks that you don't get any progress in the battle pass.

I'm curious if I should even try at this point.

The progression is way faster than it was the first 2-3 days since that last patch. There are only 20 levels so you should be able to get it with a few days of solid MP or Blackout play.

BigLee74

Oct 2, 2018
The more I play, the more disappointed I am with the maps. Dull industrial themes galore, and too many long three-lanes-with-multiple-side-connections type affairs. Just no imagination left!

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The more I play, the more disappointed I am with the maps. Dull industrial themes galore, and too many long three-lanes-with-multiple-side-connections type affairs. Just no imagination left!
DLC is usually when Treyarch gets more free reign and they go crazy

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The progression is way faster than it was the first 2-3 days since that last patch. There are only 20 levels so you should be able to get it with a few days of solid MP or Blackout play.

Alright, I guess I'll give it a few hours and see if I make any real progress. If I haven't made much progress in 2-3 hours I'll just give it up.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Treyarchs biggest negative is map design. Black ops 1 had the best maps out of black ops games and they haven't been as good since. Like Raid was probably Blackops2 best map and I didn't find it that special. I can't even think of any black ops 3 maps that were memorable.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Redwood, Fringe, Citadel (DLC), and Combine were all great in 3.
Don't really agree with any of those. Redwood was cool design wise but not a great map to play in. Combine was tiny and usually a spawn camp fest, and I didn't find anything special with fringe. I would say maps like breach and aquarium were probably a couple of the better ones but still nothing amazing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yea multiplayer is broken af in this. I'll stick to blackout mode

Yep. I use MP only for a one game warm up to fire some weapons before I go into Blackout. Sometimes I won't even play a full match depending on which way the shit fest is blowing....It's always a stomp either direction in MP. It's rarely ever a close match.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I agree and I promise you it's because they put all their time into the Blackout map, which is stellar by comparison. I actually don't have to look at the mini map anymore. I just know where every area is now and it's even more enjoyable to traverse the map in Blackout.

The MP needed a few classic map designs like an Angel City from Titanfall. Something on that level of design and creativity. Speaking of which, Respawn made the best MP maps I've ever played in Titanfall 1. There's almost too many good maps there. Same with Overwatch. All truly classic maps at this point excluding a few. BO4 has nothing that even remotely hits that level of quality other than the Blackout map.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I think tuning the health to like 115/125 would be a good change. Don't get me wrong, I really like the MP, but countless times I'm feeding the enemy bullets only for them to be healed in a second when they run around a corner.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I think tuning the health to like 115/125 would be a good change. Don't get me wrong, I really like the MP, but countless times I'm feeding the enemy bullets only for them to be healed in a second when they run around a corner.
Dont give chase

Thats what often gets me killed

The later unlocks melt players. Im talking KN with rapid fire or vapr with stock, etx

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Been messing with the Cordite and it actually seems pretty solid if you're using it with gung-ho and laser sight. The large magazine size makes it really good for just sprinting at people and hipfiring.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God, Firebreak is GOAT on objective maps. That radioactive thing he carries can wipe a point in no time. At the very least the enemy can't heal after a couple ticks and makes it easy for teammates to clean up. The flamethrower can be good but I find after maybe one kill I'm taken out from afar.

Oct 27, 2017
Haha exactly.

It's not just that, progression. I don't feel there's much to grind for on blackout. Blackouts makes me feel like I am wasting time when I could be going towards my next Prestige or working towards diamond camo.

It's a nice change of pace once in awhile, but I can't find a reason to do it over and over again
Basically my thoughts on the matter as well. The progression system is so perfectly calibrated in the multiplayer to keep me engaged day in and out to chase after that next unlock. Between skins, attachments, perks, presitiege, there's always something to look forward to that's right around the corner.

Blackout on the other hand only has a smattering of player character skins that are an incredibly difficult grind to obtain. My friends and I usually turn to blackout as a detox of sorts if multiplayer is being rough on us, but the lack of progression is hampering my enjoyment of the mode more than I thought it would.

I feel like unlocking weapon skins and custom reticles (applied on pickup) via weapon challenges could go a long way towards alleviating some of these concerns. Another idea could be playing dress up with the standard blackout characters, let us unlock cosmetic items to play around with their bdu's a little bit. Something akin to how halo has managed their visual customization would work quite well I would think.

As it stands there are not enough unlocks, and the unlocks that are there are simply too much of a grind to feel worth it.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I use MP only for a one game warm up to fire some weapons before I go into Blackout. Sometimes I won't even play a full match depending on which way the shit fest is blowing....It's always a stomp either direction in MP. It's rarely ever a close match.

Im having fun with MP but I will agree with that as far as things being usually one sided I see that as a failing of the matchmaking system more than anything else though.

Basically my thoughts on the matter as well. The progression system is so perfectly calibrated in the multiplayer to keep me engaged day in and out to chase after that next unlock. Between skins, attachments, perks, presitiege, there's always something to look forward to that's right around the corner.

Blackout on the other hand only has a smattering of player character skins that are an incredibly difficult grind to obtain. My friends and I usually turn to blackout as a detox of sorts if multiplayer is being rough on us, but the lack of progression is hampering my enjoyment of the mode more than I thought it would.

I feel like unlocking weapon skins and custom reticles (applied on pickup) via weapon challenges could go a long way towards alleviating some of these concerns. Another idea could be playing dress up with the standard blackout characters, let us unlock cosmetic items to play around with their bdu's a little bit. Something akin to how halo has managed their visual customization would work quite well I would think.

As it stands there are not enough unlocks, and the unlocks that are there are simply too much of a grind to feel worth it.

Agreed.

I enjoy Blackout for sure but there is just something I dunno... off about it to where I only usually want to play a match or two before diving back into MP.

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
Damn, I basically love every map in this game the except like one or two. I'm biased towards the older games like BO2 but I've always felt Treyarch's maps were the best and they always kept a good flow. So many memorable maps in BO2, BO3, and this one imo.

Sucks to see all this negativity toward multiplayer because it's been such an amazing experience for me, it makes me feel like I've gone back in time and am playing BO2 again in a way.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Control is such a good game mode. Usually the teams are somewhat evenly matched which is key for that game mode.

Does anybody else feel like there aren't enough weapons in the game? Especially for ARs?

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
Control is such a good game mode. Usually the teams are somewhat evenly matched which is key for that game mode.

Does anybody else feel like there aren't enough weapons in the game? Especially for ARs?

Control is fun and such but people usually leave once I call in an Attack Chopper or higher. When I call in the gunship they just decide it's not worth it and it makes the rest of the match somewhat dull.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I basically love every map in this game the except like one or two. I'm biased towards the older games like BO2 but I've always felt Treyarch's maps were the best and they always kept a good flow. So many memorable maps in BO2, BO3, and this one imo.

Sucks to see all this negativity toward multiplayer because it's been such an amazing experience for me, it makes me feel like I've gone back in time and am playing BO2 again in a way.

Firing Range is totally fucked. Slums is such a tug of war over the choke. Jungle is fine but feels smaller thanks to the speed. And Summit is absolutely chaos, way smaller than what i remember

Its really the speed and spawns that make these maps feel relentless. I miss the classics.

I like the beta maps. And Militia is fun, spawns aside.

And while I find the maps too samey, I think Contraband and Seaside are really fun. At least for TDM.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Dude just do you. Enjoy the MP. I'm not saying don't enjoy it. I personally just find it too similar to every other COD MP with the same frustrations attached to it. I don't enjoy getting killed by a dog while tripping over a mesh mine and attack choppers shooting me. I just don't understand how you counter that and I feel like it's too much.

Blackout breathes new air into COD - it takes the best thing about COD which is the fluid 60 FPS shooting and gameplay - but brings it into a mode that is more intense and more meaning to it because you only have one life. When you start widdling down to the final 10 it's a fucking rush. It's essentially a survival horror game. There's no load outs. There's no anything. You literally have to improvise on every level. I think it's rad.