• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
This thread stands out. Toxic comments every other post. I didn't experience any broken shit other than the missions not tracking. So what if someone is using a cheap loadout or camps? It's Call of Duty.
Broken stuff imho:
Mission challenges not tracking properly. Win 5 objective modes. They changed it to win 5 SnD. (Pretty pathetic "fix".)
The 725 was definitely OP. Luckily they addressed the issue. However without the "outrage" you reckon they would have stuck by their guns?
Camo challenges not tracking or being stuck. Finally they fixed the rpg camo tracking.
Just imagine trying your best to strife for something "worthwhile" and it ends up being for nothing.
Footsteps are ridiculous.
Callouts were dumb. I would like at the back of an enemy and my character would shout "look a bogey!" The guy hears it turns around and shoots me with the 725 shotty POW!
Spawning in front of an enemy!
Spawning behind an enemy!

Point is many issues were there and are still there. They are working on many issues and that is good. The so called "outrage" is just part of the game. But in all this chaos there is definitely valid criticism.

Some of the maps are terribly designed. Groundwar is just pure garbage imo.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They accidentally left some internal notes in the public patch notes posted on Battle.net... https://i.imgur.com/Y2a1CG8.png
GUaz26z.gif

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Having played a few games this morning, I think I'm out for a while honestly.

I'm a casual player who just wants to level up weapons for attachments and maybe go for camos. Weapons level much much too slowly IMO, and because of the relatively strict SBMM I'm just getting fucking railed over and over for literally days and weeks on end during this process because everyone else is using M4s (and when I switch to the M4 I do fucking great, so it doesn't seem to be an outright skill level thing). Most of the maps are not very good IMO, and with today's "big update" a month after launch I have very little confidence they're going to address anything else that would make things more palatable for me personally (loosening SBMM, pointman/scorestreak changes, perks need slot changes and rebalancing, way too many weapons just outright suck compared to the top few, we're likely not going to get new and good maps quickly enough, etc). I can't possibly imagine giving them any sort of money for the battle pass as things stand now, especially considering that I'm outright not good enough to get a couple of the current officer challenges done; so when you start skill-gating me out of timed content (in this case the officer emblems are very much whatever though), you have significant and vocal community issues you won't even acknowledge, and your real money maker is gonna be the BR longer term I'm just not holding out much hope here.

The gunplay is goddamn amazing, the very slight movement speed buffs they made make the game feel much better, and the game looks great, but everything else around it is kind of a mess right now. When there's 3 maps in the game I outright back out of immediately and there's not that many maps total, it's kind of a problem. I actually can't think of another game offhand where there was a single map that was so awful I literally refused to play it, and there's 3 of them here lol.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Broken stuff imho:
Mission challenges not tracking properly. Win 5 objective modes. They changed it to win 5 SnD. (Pretty pathetic "fix".)
The 725 was definitely OP. Luckily they addressed the issue. However without the "outrage" you reckon they would have stuck by their guns?
Camo challenges not tracking or being stuck. Finally they fixed the rpg camo tracking.
Just imagine trying your best to strife for something "worthwhile" and it ends up being for nothing.
Footsteps are ridiculous.
Callouts were dumb. I would like at the back of an enemy and my character would shout "look a bogey!" The guy hears it turns around and shoots me with the 725 shotty POW!
Spawning in front of an enemy!
Spawning behind an enemy!

Point is many issues were there and are still there. They are working on many issues and that is good. The so called "outrage" is just part of the game. But in all this chaos there is definitely valid criticism.

Some of the maps are terribly designed. Groundwar is just pure garbage imo.

I have to hand it to you, the callouts made me chuckle. I could plainly hear the enemy yell 'PLACING A CLAYMORE' - which kind of gave it away. (I still died because a teammate walked on it)

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
When designing then game someone actually said "yes, crouch walking should make noise" when Dead Silence isn't even a perk this time

Imagine living that life

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When designing then game someone actually said "yes, crouch walking should make noise" when Dead Silence isn't even a perk this time

Imagine living that life
Yeah at this point i'm sure someone on the game design department lost a bet and had to come up with 10 crazy ideas to implement in the game.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I have to hand it to you, the callouts made me chuckle. I could plainly hear the enemy yell 'PLACING A CLAYMORE' - which kind of gave it away. (I still died because a teammate walked on it)
Yeah sometimes I love to do nasty things to unaware players from behind. Like melee and finishing moves. Oh I love that stuff.

But then my character opens his mouth flaps and I was like seriously!! 😂 They did fix this so that is cool. First time it was funny, but yeah further along it doesn't make sense lmao.

You hear the enemy saying out loud placing a claymore! I don't know what is more funny in your instance. The fact the enemy says out loud he is placing a claymore, your teammate didn't hear him state he was placing a claymore! (He be deaf?) or the fact you died as well in the whole ordeal! 😂👍🏼

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The constant new bugs introduced are getting really annoying, especially ones related to progression on challenges, XP, camos, etc.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Gun game is hella cool though tbh, even if it's the considerably weaker FFA variant. But I'm not booting up the game again until they fix the progression.

And speaking of progression, I definitely agree that weapons level up way too slow, at least after like level.. 15 or 20 or so.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

A very insightful video about the netcode of the game. Very confusing that they choose to have matches on listen servers if the dedicated server structure is already in place and just needs to be dialed up on demand.

Welp, seems like classic Infinity Ward to lie about dedicated servers. This shit should warrant a class-action lawsuit imho.
Remember, they explicitly noted to use 100% dedicated servers in their netcode video:

Man, fuck Infinity Ward.

I bought MW2019 on the promise that I get a consistent experience with 100% dedis. Guess that was lip service, then.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Reading this thread is so weird. I play about an hour/day and it's usually awesome fun. Sometimes I play good, sometimes I play bad.

Would you really notice these balance issues by yourself if you weren't part of the outrage cycle via social media?

Why are we calling out individual developers by name or suggesting they get replaced?
This thread is hilarious. I play the game about an hour a day also and have never noticed anything in the thread people are on about. Lol, gaming truly is better when you stay off online forums.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
lmao updated the game and my first game was against mouse and keyboard pc players.

My god, how the mighty has fallen. what an embarrassment.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
This thread is hilarious. I play the game about an hour a day also and have never noticed anything in the thread people are on about. Lol, gaming truly is better when you stay off online forums.

What just happened? These drive by posts.
Threads has 219 pages and he never noticed anything. True gamer, better stay off from online forums i dont want to talk the game bad for you.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I don't want to sound rude, but that's on you, my man. Many of the problems people talk about have been pretty obvious even without the "social media outrage", which is just a handy, easy way of reframing criticism in the worst light possible.

(That's not to say there aren't tons of toxic assholes on Twitter and reddit in particular, though - there's a LOT)

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
This game is utter fucking trash jesus christ. Every single one of my deaths is someone crouching in a corner of one the billion buildings thats in the map.

uninstalling this shit, and picking up BLOPS4.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think footsteps, ADS strafe speed And tactical grenades all need a significant overhaul.

MW is played so defensively because CoD Games inherently gives defensive players an advantage. The shooting has a low skill ceiling, so an aggressive player will likely lose to a defensive player (I.e. some one ADSing a doorway) solely due to the split second advantage of the defensive player. This has been mitigated in the past with perks like Dead Silence (silencing footsteps so the defensive player won't know if someone if coming and also when they're about to come through), fast ADS walk speeds with perks such as MW3 Stalker to take defensive players by surprise, and more access to tactical grenades to help players clear rooms.

MW doubles down against all of this by making Dead Silence situational (and having footsteps be louder than ever, including crouch footsteps), not having a great fast ADS walk speed option, only giving players one tactical grenade on spawn that can only be replenished by the slow recharging Munitions Box or by making the losing trade of Restock over Ghost and still having to wait 30 seconds between tactical grenades (as opposed to 3x Specials in CoD4 or frequent Scavenger pickups in MW2/3, + spawning with 2x specials in general in those games), and mitigating tactical nades by making Battle Hardened not that difficult of a pick in Perk 3.

So who's going to play aggressive or move around in this game? Each doorway is a gamble with death because the options to empower aggression are so mitigated by the core game design. It's not that the game has to be balanced to be hyper aggressive, but defense is so clearly the superior playstyle that it's tough to play any other way. You know it's bad when fuckin' jump shotting is the only solution.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to give Blops 4 a try tonight, but it's frigging 164 gigs. Would have to uninstall MW and some other stuff to have enough space.

Bleh, I should just gather my energy and finally re-install Windows on the "new" 512GB SSD I got like a year ago.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gun game is hella cool though tbh, even if it's the considerably weaker FFA variant. But I'm not booting up the game again until they fix the progression.

And speaking of progression, I definitely agree that weapons level up way too slow, at least after like level.. 15 or 20 or so.

Is there a gun game playlist now??

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread is so weird. I play about an hour/day and it's usually awesome fun. Sometimes I play good, sometimes I play bad.

Would you really notice these balance issues by yourself if you weren't part of the outrage cycle via social media?

Why are we calling out individual developers by name or suggesting they get replaced?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, reading this thread you'd think the game is literally unplayable

I'll admit the game is not perfect and there are things the devs can do to improve it but sheesh people, take break if the game isn't what want it to be yet

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It seems they completely broke the ability to earn weapon or profile XP for some people.

I like this game but howwwwwwwwwwwwww are the patches this bad. How do they keep breaking this stuff?

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I'm not usually one to bitch, but holy God playing today just infuriated me. It's like every single enemy player knew exactly where I was at all times. Like I'd be sitting still and they'd come around the corner already aiming at my head. I'm usually top on the scoreboard playing with my friends but I was at the bottom almost the entire time.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It seems they completely broke the ability to earn weapon or profile XP for some people.

I like this game but howwwwwwwwwwwwww are the patches this bad. How do they keep breaking this stuff?

Breaking stuff happens. I break stuff all the time. Fix one bug, introduce three more, and so it goes. No doubt the work environment is stressful at IW's office right now, and people are encouraged to fix/add/tweak stuff at a rapid pace.

But breaking something as integral to the whole Call of Duty experience as gaining experience in a relatively minor patch that was mostly bug fixes? Yeah, no idea how the hell they managed to pull that off. Like I said, I'd love to be grinding the Revolver levels right now, but alas.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think footsteps, ADS strafe speed And tactical grenades all need a significant overhaul.

MW is played so defensively because CoD Games inherently gives defensive players an advantage. The shooting has a low skill ceiling, so an aggressive player will likely lose to a defensive player (I.e. some one ADSing a doorway) solely due to the split second advantage of the defensive player. This has been mitigated in the past with perks like Dead Silence (silencing footsteps so the defensive player won't know if someone if coming and also when they're about to come through), fast ADS walk speeds with perks such as MW3 Stalker to take defensive players by surprise, and more access to tactical grenades to help players clear rooms.

MW doubles down against all of this by making Dead Silence situational (and having footsteps be louder than ever, including crouch footsteps), not having a great fast ADS walk speed option, only giving players one tactical grenade on spawn that can only be replenished by the slow recharging Munitions Box or by making the losing trade of Restock over Ghost and still having to wait 30 seconds between tactical grenades (as opposed to 3x Specials in CoD4 or frequent Scavenger pickups in MW2/3, + spawning with 2x specials in general in those games), and mitigating tactical nades by making Battle Hardened not that difficult of a pick in Perk 3.

So who's going to play aggressive or move around in this game? Each doorway is a gamble with death because the options to empower aggression are so mitigated by the core game design. It's not that the game has to be balanced to be hyper aggressive, but defense is so clearly the superior playstyle that it's tough to play any other way. You know it's bad when fuckin' jump shotting is the only solution.

It is a strange decision to have multiple ways of replenishing and getting more lethal equipment but never get more tactical equipment.

I'd love to give Blops 4 a try tonight, but it's frigging 164 gigs. Would have to uninstall MW and some other stuff to have enough space.

Bleh, I should just gather my energy and finally re-install Windows on the "new" 512GB SSD I got like a year ago.

Just play Battlefield. It's really good right now. Pretty much better in every way except it doesn't have the awesome Gunsmith. Black Ops 4 has actual pay to win weapons so I can't really recommend it to anyone. It was much better early on.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Just play Battlefield. It's really good right now. Pretty much better in every way except it doesn't have the awesome Gunsmith. Black Ops 4 has actual pay to win weapons so I can't really recommend it to anyone. It was much better early on.

Yeah, maybe I should. I kind of hated BF V when it came out, but I think enough time has passed for me to give it a new try. Or maybe I'll reinstall TF2 again and hope I'll find people playing Pilots vs. Pilots.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao updated the game and my first game was against mouse and keyboard pc players.

My god, how the mighty has fallen. what an embarrassment.

Honestly, I was playing with my PC buddy and his buddies who were using mouse and key board and I was on controller and I was always consistently the best on our team. Aim Assists negates most of the advantage imo

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Targeting the developers is gross to me. At the end of the day, it's just a video game and no one should get personally attacked over it. When most people encounter a game they don't like, they just drop it but it seems a lot of people in this thread and online follow every update, play it daily, and talk about it endlessly all while not liking it. It can't be healthy behavior.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I downloaded BFV last night and really want to give it another chance, but the gunplay feels genuinely awful compared to MW. It feels really loose and almost soft.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded BFV last night and really want to give it another chance, but the gunplay feels genuinely awful compared to MW. It feels really loose and almost soft.

Like u , whos suggesting everyone to try another broken a** game....... Battlefield V :P.

Im waiting for that 5.2 patch before i jump back in.

I'm talking about people who don't enjoy the game but still talk about it. I'm having a fun enough time most games even though I can see a number of really obvious issues, especially when I play Ground War. It seems quite a few people here and online are not having a fun time and should really just stop playing the game for a bit. It's supposed to be for fun and if it's not, just find something else.

Additionally,
Battlefield V is awesome and feels better to shoot than this game. Probably owing to a better ballistics and the TTK making bullets have more impact. It's efault sensitivities are quite low (true for most games including MW) but after adjusting those, it's been smooth sailing. It also has a lot more systems in play but manages to balance them better.

I won't let it be unfairly maligned anymore!

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
lol game is already 25% off in canada

BO4 was on sale during Black Friday last year too.

Those leaked internal notes are pretty sad, why even include internal talking points on what will be used on the final patch notes released to the public...

Pretty disappointed it's just a list of fixes, instead of something major.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I would bet if they're gonna do something significant (minimap/compass changes, perk rebalancing, etc), it will come alongside the launch of the first season and the battlepass.