• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't bother, some folks stick to their guns with such desperation that they don't really even read and understand what you're saying, they'll just double down on their bullshit. Just make that ignore button sing.

I already ignored him anyways let that shit sing. Desperation 😂. Multiple people read his post the same exact way he should word them better.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone out there playing on an Xbox One X that can confirm any sort of performance improvement(s)?
Specifically looking to find out if the game still exhibits vertical tearing issues on a 4K television.

Idk why but the IQ on xbox one x seems worse. But it's probably just me.

I hate to admit it, but I'd actually be fine with a hit to image quality if it meant no vertical tearing, and a higher/consistent framerate.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... I honestly forget why we thought MW would be better than this. MW3, Ghosts, and IW were all bad in multiplayer. Why did we think that MW19 would be any better?

I would echo the sentiment that the beta duped me, it's almost an entirely different game.

People fondly remember the modern warfare games so when IW thew the modern warfare label on the game people became excited. The numbers speak for themselves is the best selling game since 2013 for call of duty.

I'm in the same boat as you with the beta. I thought this game great but the reality is Infinity Ward can't make a good call of duty games. Yeah people fondly remember MW2 but the memory of playing the game would be much better than the reality of playing it.

Regardless people loved MW 2 with their broken maps, camping and OP guns. Minus one man army and danger close with overpowered noob tubes this is MW2. I mean isn't this the game people have wanted for years?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
12GB patch, oof. At least they've taken steps to make the game more enjoyable, definitely a few good nuggets in the patch notes.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
I always read complaints about the maps and camping in this thread and I really don't see the problem with either. People camped in previous games and this honestly doesn't seem any worse. I really don't see an issue. The only map I dislike is the palace on because I think it's too big for the player coiling. Otherwise I like them all. Best CoD game in a long ass time.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I always read complaints about the maps and camping in this thread and I really don't see the problem with either. People camped in previous games and this honestly doesn't seem any worse. I really don't see an issue. The only map I dislike is the palace on because I think it's too big for the player coiling. Otherwise I like them all. Best CoD game in a long ass time.
Anyone who has played the various CoD games this generation will tell you that camping is indeed much, much worse than all those games.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
What is the deal with the level of detail pop-in on PC? I have all settings maxed and still get the detail of walls popping up to higher polygon counts as I approach, and get this ugly speckled shadows on far away textures.

Is there a fix for this?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Did a quick run through on Shoot House and damn what a small map. It does feel like it was made for Gunfight.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Why is my patch 1.07 61gb??! (ps4)

edit: my ps4 did a database restore when I turned it on now my game is version 1.00 again fml

Oct 27, 2017

The fact that most TDM matches never finish is telling. There is way more camping in this game than most of the games thats for sure. Previous cods even put the TDM score limit to 100 because games were finishing too fast! Now you cant even finish a game before the time runs out, even in FFA of all modes. There's a serious issue with the maps and camping in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo this shit is trash. Spent damn near an hour with a group doing the headhunter spec op then then finally destroy the chopper and we all get lost connection.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
This is just false

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've played every CoD game since the first Modern Warfare.
Don't wanna be a dick, but then you haven't been paying attention the better half of the last decade. I can guarantee you right here, right now that if I were to jump into a MP game of Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3, Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, WWII or Black Ops 4 that the camping wont even be half as bad as in this game.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Don't wanna be a dick, but then you haven't been paying attention the better half of the last decade. I can guarantee you right here, right now that if I were to jump into a MP game of Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3, Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, WWII or Black Ops 4 that the camping wont even be half as bad as in this game.

Having played every COD game since COD2 I can confirm this guy is talking nonsense. Ignore him.

Camping in this game is the worst I have ever seen by an incredible margin.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Oh wow, a half a Domination game in the Azhir Cave where quite literally all of my 10+ deaths were to dudes lying down, staring at one spot. It's amazing how fucking insufferable this game can be. Enough venting and enough bullshit for now, I'll be back to check out the new map when it hits, but otherwise it's time to move on to other games again. I think I played 6 games today? Before getting sick of it again.

Azhir Cave is the one map that I always abandon when I see it come up. Fuck that cave and flag B.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Adapt, or stop playing then? It's OK not to like it.

Agreed. That said, it is kind of infuriating to see people say things like "camping in this game isn't any worse than previous games" when that's outright objectively not even close to true. I still haven't seen a Kill Confirmed game not end a timeout (and it's almost never even close), and TDM ends in a timeout like 80% of the time.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played the new patch, but it felt like pretty much every kill cam I saw last night was someone just sitting still waiting for me lol

I get that it's a super viable strat but at the same time, I don't understand how anyone has fun playing like that

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Still no Shoot House 24/7 playlist?

XclusiveAce posted a video about broken angles. Reminds me of Blops 2 infamous broken camera angles.

Yep, I've died like this tons of times. Gotten killed when I've been hiding (or THOUGHT I was hiding) behind a corner, never even seeing the enemy who was quite literally right in front of me.

Last edited: