• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
The COD community is really strange. I've played loads of competitive shooters and this is the first where people have open disdain for fair matchmaking. It seems all people want to do on this game is farm new players. In any other comp game this is called smurfing and is seen as a negative way to play.

Even more puzzling is the devs haven't even given the last word on whether its implemented or not which leads to people blaming all their ailments on it. Compare this to any of the Halos where the devs came out and said day one that they want fair games.

Call of Duty never was about being competitive.
Its know for being the "arcade Shooter".

There is always a Ranked mode if players want to be competitive. Right now MW doesnt include ranked mode.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
The COD community is really strange. I've played loads of competitive shooters and this is the first where people have open disdain for fair matchmaking. It seems all people want to do on this game is farm new players. In any other comp game this is called smurfing and is seen as a negative way to play.

Even more puzzling is the devs haven't even given the last word on whether its implemented or not which leads to people blaming all their ailments on it. Compare this to any of the Halos where the devs came out and said day one that they want fair games.
It's not that people don't want skill to be a part of matchmaking. We just don't want it to be the only metric used. The game is more fun for everyone when there is some variety in the mix. Think about it. How can average players get better if they're not matched up against better players? There is a good argument to be made that everyone benefits from a variety of skill levels being present in every match.

The guy asked why people are running with it. I gave him a reason. Get with the meta if you want to win matches. They are probably going to nerf it sooner or later anyway. Normally I suck, my friends say switch up to the 725 and it evens the playing field since everyone is using it,
But that's the thing. Everyone isn't using it. I would say currently I'm seeing about 20% of the opponents in my matches using it, which means you're just part of that 20% club abusing a stupidly strong weapon to make yourself feel better.

They will probably nerf the 725 to the point it gets unusable. Which is sad. So I play it now as much as I can, because it is really fun.

After that I will return to that "semi-semi-automatic" one which shoots two times and has a short delay. Forgot the name but that is really great to use as well. Shotguns and the MK2 are the most fun weapons for me. Those automatic guns feel all the same in CoD to me. That's been the case since MW3 in which I started playing Shotgun only lol
It's "fun" because you're taking advantage of a clear flaw in the game at the expense of others.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Just finished a match of Kill Confirmed on Picadelly with us winning 34-33. It is astonishing how slow people are playing this game.

Also they could easily balance the claymores if you could not resupply them with Scavenger or that Tier 2 perk.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get the grenade charm for 10 frag kills and what a chore this one is.

Cook 'em up. I like the frags in this game. I think my favorite is still nailing people with molotovs, but the frags are quite strong if you wait for the reticle to pulse twice before throwing. If all else fails, use them to ruin a riot shield's day.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I've been switching weapons often, I feel like they all have pros and cons especially when adding attachments. I think it's all about adding attachments to make guns work better for you.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a match of Kill Confirmed on Picadelly with us winning 34-33. It is astonishing how slow people are playing this game.

Also they could easily balance the claymores if you could not resupply them with Scavenger or that Tier 2 perk.

That's partly Piccadilly's problem. For Kill Confirmed there are just too many sightlines. I think only Headquarters works on that map.

I haven't been killed by a claymore in god knows how long since I switched to Spotter and sometimes a rifle with FMJ. In fact, I'm getting kills by blowing them up through walls.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Wish I could try out the Bridge map. It was my very very first match, joined mid-progress right as it finished, 22 gametime hours later, I still haven't seen it at all. :(

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I gotta say, the officer leveling is very disappointing. I thought it was going to unlock new gun and operator skins and camos and whatnot. Plus it's fucking bugged and shows me as rank 6 often.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Color me stupid for waiting so long to play Headquarters.

After almost eating my controller because of all of the camping, I tried both HQ and Cyber Attack. Didn't really care for CA, but man is HQ fun. I've barely touched it in previous iterations, but this will be my go to. It pretty much mitigates the frustration of camping and crappy level design. Love it.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not that people don't want skill to be a part of matchmaking. We just don't want it to be the only metric used. The game is more fun for everyone when there is some variety in the mix. Think about it. How can average players get better if they're not matched up against better players? There is a good argument to be made that everyone benefits from a variety of skill levels being present in every match.

They get better by doing well against people of their own skill level and then being moved into a higher bracket after doing so a set number of times. Then they have to improve to match the skills of the new players they are with.

No one gets better by being put in a match where a guy is going 30-2 on them. Such a weird take man, and one I always see in CoD.

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love Bridge,
Every Javelin shot is at least a double kill, got a quad at the beginning of my last match there.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
That doesn't really tell much. If you are able to approximate the aim that well you have that kill well deserved.

/edit

sorry for the snarky reply, it wasn't meant to be. Certainly the weapon needs to be nerfed in regards of the one shot kill range but that video does not really convey "overpowered" very well. It's not like this is the widely known use case of the weapon.

Last edited:

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah they need to nerf the living fuck out of the 725.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't you just pick what you want to use from the start? All I want to do is run around with throwing knives, but I have to sit through 40 levels of this crap

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Yeah they need to nerf the living fuck out of the 725.
Tbh they only need to cut that one shot kill range down and widen the pellet spread a little bit. If they nerf it too much and lower the one hit kill range to a level under the R9-0 it's pretty much garbage as well, cause the long reloading time makes it inferior to the R9-0.

I actually hope that they will buff the M680 because that would be the one I would love to play but right now it's just not good enough. The kill range is way too short, paired with a bit too slow of a ROF it's just not good. But the weapon feeling is just soo great, one reason I like to play the 725 because kills feel satisfying. You don't have that feeling with the semi automatic ones, with those kills feel like a byproduct of running but not like an impact.

Oct 25, 2017
What is your strategy? Where do you go?
I only use it on smaller maps when playing with my team, i control certain areas
like all of the traintracks on Gun-Runner and the large building by the smokestack on Hackney.

It isn't just running though, the quickdraw and ADS movement is extremely high and helps even more.

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't you just pick what you want to use from the start? All I want to do is run around with throwing knives, but I have to sit through 40 levels of this crap

Yeah I really wish they had gone with an unlock points/tokens system for guns and attachments, as it would be better than s l o w l y unlocking everything the way it is now. Some guns would be much more well-respected if people didn't have to unlock a useless sight for them every two levels, too.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Color me stupid for waiting so long to play Headquarters.

After almost eating my controller because of all of the camping, I tried both HQ and Cyber Attack. Didn't really care for CA, but man is HQ fun. I've barely touched it in previous iterations, but this will be my go to. It pretty much mitigates the frustration of camping and crappy level design. Love it.

Yup. A focused single objective that moves around the map can do wonders for making people get off their ass.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Yeah I really wish they had gone with an unlock points/tokens system for guns and attachments, as it would be better than s l o w l y unlocking everything the way it is now. Some guns would be much more well-respected if people didn't have to unlock a useless sight for them every two levels, too.
Yeah that is really annoying me as well. You have to play a bit too much with a gun to unlock those sweet attachments.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Tbh they only need to cut that one shot kill range down and widen the pellet spread a little bit. If they nerf it too much and lower the one hit kill range to a level under the R9-0 it's pretty much garbage as well, cause the long reloading time makes it inferior to the R9-0.

I actually hope that they will buff the M680 because that would be the one I would love to play but right now it's just not good enough. The kill range is way too short, paired with a bit too slow of a ROF it's just not good. But the weapon feeling is just soo great, one reason I like to play the 725 because kills feel satisfying. You don't have that feeling with the semi automatic ones, with those kills feel like a byproduct of running but not like an impact.
Bro, I'm getting one shotted by it from like 100 feet away. It needs a heavy nerf. It's one shot range needs to get cut down by like 75%.

Oct 25, 2017
What is your strategy? Where do you go?
Opps thought you were responding to my other post.

Immediately from spawn I aim at the enemy's bridge staircase and launch 1 at it,
Wait a few seconds and launch one directly at the bus in the center of the bridge.

Anytime I respawn after that I do the reverse, center then their staircase area.

If they push our team completely off the bridge then I hit just above our staircase then center.

Sometimes you will get snipers far left shooting towards the dropwall by your staircase, aim towards the left of them enough so you don't stick out of that opening and launch one from there,
it has enough splash damage to hit them in that cover nearby.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that is really annoying me as well. You have to play a bit too much with a gun to unlock those sweet attachments.

Indeed. I have no idea if the SA87 LMG ever gets good, but I played with it for 2-3 hours and just couldn't stop it from kicking like a mule. All the sights should be unlocked once with level ups and then be usable on all guns.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yesterday it seemed like the spawning was kind of fixed. Now today it's back to speaking be in the very back of the map.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So does ranking up officer ranks ever give you anything worth while like skins or camo? The whole ribbon system seems unrewarding.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Most people seem to be on this 725 kick. I guess it's good to play with that to get it while it's buffed lol. But man, I am hooked to this game despite its issues. I really dig it. I have a feeling it's not a good addiction either.

Z0mbicide

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The 725 needs slower sprint ADS speed, and general slower ADS speed, unless you make it a sawed off and then it should have lower range. I don't think the damage needs to be touched, just the handling needs to mirror the actual physicality of that type of shotgun.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Domination meta is pretty much cap base flag and camp around B for streaks or ignore all flags and camp in a building for streaks 😂😂

Oh, or be super aggressive and when you get outplayed, camp for streaks ⛺⛺⛺

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is there any word on what happened to the palace map that we had for like one day? Did they think we had too many maps or something? lol

Oct 25, 2017
So does ranking up officer ranks ever give you anything worth while like skins or camo? The whole ribbon system seems unrewarding.
At level 155 you get the classic M16
prO_ziQM41urwYZJO95KFPysW5-JURvolCpOXLS73rw.jpg

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these complaints about the supposed skill-based matchmaking are absolutely hilarious. You guys need to start being honest with yourselves and just say that you miss going 18 and 1 against a bunch of noobs and switching to a different lobby when someone better comes along.

Almost as hilarious is someone saying that new people will learn more by playing in lobbies with differently matched opponents. New people learn more by learning the maps and getting used to the game mechanics more than they do by getting stomped on by an elite sweaty player.

I'd love to see the reasoning from some of you as to how it truly benefits a new player to not have skill-based matchmaking.

For reference I have been playing call of duty since almost the beginning and tend to do better as I learn the maps and become more dedicated. While I'm no pro player I have gotten a 2.5-3 KD ratio and have also been the guy stomping noobs as well as getting stomped on. I have done better against superior players by knowing the maps like the back of my hand and anticipating fuck ups.

Really anybody who is complaining about this shit is just mad and probably even madder that they're not going to get their annual dose of Christmas Noobs to level themselves up quickly against.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

Nope, and that's my biggest issue with it.

We get XP as a reward but it seems pointless when leveling up these Officer Ranks is easy and seems to require less XP than the regular levels.

There should have been either calling cards/emblems/camos attached to these challenges or have some sort of shop where you can exchange Ribbons for those things.

Speaking of a shop, MW3 had the Prestige Shop. It let you use tokens to unlock a variety of things. Not the biggest selection of things but it gave people a choice. Why can't something like that happen with this game?

When they talk about an overhaul to the game, I hope this is something that's included.

Edit: Just saw the above reward you get for the last Officer Rank. That's cool and all but (at least up until level 101 where I'm at) you don't get anything.