Can Burnout 3 take down F-Zero GX? Or has F-Zero got boost power? Terrible poll description smh

• Burnout 3: Takedown

Votes: 556 52.7%
  • F-Zero GX

Votes: 499 47.3%

• Total voters

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Both are incredible but ultimately I'm going to have to go with F-Zero. I find the risk / reward mechanics of boost vs shield more entertaining than the risk / reward of the reckless driving encouraged by Burnout. Of course, I'm a bit biased as I love the sci-fi genre, so the aesthetics of F-Zero generally appeal to me a lot more. I would still take Wipeout over either of those but unfortunately that franchise didn't have a great showing during 6th gen gen with Fusion (unless you are counting Wipeout Pure but that's a handheld title and then we are getting into semantics!)

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Both are incredible but ultimately I'm going to have to go with F-Zero. I find the risk / reward mechanics of boost vs shield more entertaining than the risk / reward of the reckless driving encouraged by Burnout. Of course, I'm a bit biased as I love the sci-fi genre, so the aesthetics of F-Zero generally appeal to me a lot more. I would still take Wipeout over either of those but unfortunately that franchise didn't have a great showing during 6th gen gen with Fusion (unless you are counting Wipeout Pure but that's a handheld title and then we are getting into semantics!)
Wipeout Pure was amazing <3

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
Burnout is the better game for sure. It is more fun and balanced in difficulty for a broader audience to enjoy. I think Revenge is just as good, either could be in that spot.

However, Ridge Racer V is what I'd want to play right now because fuck am I pining for some smooth jazz/ rave music to some nice highway/ beachfront tracks with blue skies or sunsets. However my disc doesn't work anymore :(

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Loved both but I'd pay whatever for a new version of Burnout 3. New tracks and add a Battle Royal style take down mode just take my money

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Basically there's a bunch of single player modes in GX. Story mode made you play as Captain Falcon and do "missions" like collect X things on the track in 90 seconds, beat a specific other racer, etc.

Outside of that, the general Grand Prix racing cups didn't rubberband in single player, so it didn't actually show up in the "real" gameplay. X had it everywhere though iirc.
X had it, but not remotely as strong as Burnout 3.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Shoutouts to everyone who muted the music in Takedown and Revenge. Not only was it mostly lame, but the diegetic car and crash sounds were just way better to listen to.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
I love F-Zero GX. Probably my favorite racing game ever, though Wipeout is close. F-Zero has a depth that I've never seen in any other racing game.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Burnout by far. Burnout 2 and 3 (especially 3) are the two greatest arcade style racers out there - period. F-Zero GX was OK, but mostly forgettable.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Shoutouts to everyone who muted the music in Takedown and Revenge. Not only was it mostly lame, but the diegetic car and crash sounds were just way better to listen to.
I liked (like) the music in Takedown. 100% mid 00s music. I can still hear 'Lights and Sounds' and 'My Favorite Accident' and others in my head (and picture my car racing at stupid speed).

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
GX is a transcendent gaming experience and clearing the story mode on Very Hard and the cups on Master difficulty remain among my best gaming accomplishments.

Yes I'm biased, but it has to go to GX.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Burnout 3 is probably my favorite racing game ever. Haven't been able to get into F-Zero, though; more of a Wipeout fan when it comes to futuristic racing.