Can Burnout 3 take down F-Zero GX? Or has F-Zero got boost power? Terrible poll description smh

• Burnout 3: Takedown

Votes: 556 52.7%
  • F-Zero GX

Votes: 499 47.3%

• Total voters

Discontent

May 25, 2018
When in doubt, pick the one that would place higher on your all time favourites!

Both sit firmly at the top of their respective amazing franchises and they're both among my favourite games of all time so I won't be mad whichever way the poll goes. But I am rooting for F-Zero because after being such an F-Zero X fan back in the day, GX blew all my expectations out of the water.

F Zero GX may not be a game that pops into your head when you think of arcade racers and it might be more accurately called an anti-grav/futuristic racer but I don't give a shit lol. I honestly don't think it's that much weirder than comparing F Zero and Wipeout because they're not that similar too.

And yes there's a lot of top tier arcade racers in the 6th gen but these two tower above them imo (Outrun comes close though). But you're welcome to share your wrong opinions on why I'm wrong lol.

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
Burnout is the best racing game ever. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best games ever.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'd put Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition and Burnout Revenge over both of them tbh.

I love GX to death, but as a complete package the broken campaign difficulty, crappy custom car editor, and mediocre music.

Oct 26, 2017
GX is the pinnacle of anti-grav racing and is long overdue a sequel, but I think it terms of games that just make you feel *damn good*, Burnout 3 takes the crown.

coracina

Jul 6, 2018
I might just give it to Burnout 3, but they'd be very close, and it's been a long time since I've played either. It really sucks both franchises are dead.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, it's rare to see a poll on Era that causes me to really think. Both a brilliant, and top-tier in their genre. I gotta go Burnout 3 though, if only because I played more of it due to it not being so fucking hard lol.

Oct 27, 2017
f-zero does its specific thing better, but burnout 3 is the more comprehensive experience to me, so it edges it out.
both games are brilliant though

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
I love both.

Recently got GRIP which I honestly wish I had been told about earlier cause it has quite filled my appetite for a new F-Zero now that Nintendo won't make one.
store.steampowered.com

GRIP: Combat Racing on Steam

GRIP is a high octane, hardcore combat racer, packing ferocious speed and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons. Inspired by games like Rollcage, Wipeout, Motorstorm and Star Wars Podracer, it's like nothing you've ever played before.

Still searching for that worthy Burnout 3/Revenge fill.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
220px-Coast_2_Coast.jpg

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
They're both so fundamentally different in how they play, despite their arcade similarities, that I don't know if I could pick between the two. Burnout 3 captures a magnificent white knuckle racing thrill, while F-Zero GX is bone crushingly difficult but utterly glorious once mastered. Both are really, really fucking good.

And then both were bested a generation later by Excite Truck, the AAA Platinum Standard of Arcade Racing Perfection.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
F-Zero GX has an insanely high ceiling for how much you can get out of it.

Burnout 3 is immediately more gratifying to sit down and play.

They're both fantastic, though I don't know if they're comparable.

That said, I prefer F-Zero.

I also wonder how much better F-Zero would do in a poll like this if it was available to a larger base of players. I have to think less people played it than Burnout, so that this poll is so close is genuinely surprising to me.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Burnout 3 is and will always be the King of all racers.

That game was pure magic which today just doesn't exist anymore.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I never played GX, but Burnout 3 was absolutely incredible and I hate racing games.
I know GX was apparently brutally difficult though, so Burnout 3's pick up and play nature is probably in its favour.

Apr 25, 2020
Burnout 3 is one of the GOAT arcade racers. I piled more hours into it than any other racing game other than Mario Kart.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Burnout remasters are basically never gonna happen right? :(

Burnout Paradise was incredible though, really scratched the itch. I'm excited for Dangerous Driving 2

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
F-Zero GX, without a doubt. The fact that with the game's difficulty, you had to be absolutely ruthless with taking out the other machines to win was an amazing mechanic.

The way I beat Chapter 7 was by basically wrecking as many of the other machines as I could.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is sort of like comparing Goldeneye with Quake.

I'd probably vote for the home release of Burnout 3, and the god-tier arcade F-Zero AX (I know I know, technically a different game).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

There will never be an intro more hype than Burnout 3's.

Dammit EA where is that remaster? Don't you want my money?

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played F-Zero GX, but Burnout 3 is my favorite racer ever.

I love it so much.

Shion

Nov 8, 2017
F-Zero GX - OutRun2 – Ridge Racer V = the Holy Trinity of 6th gen arcade racers.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I've only played Burnout 3, wasn't F-Zero GX like incredibly hard or something?
My soft spot is Still with Burnout 2 though, played that crash mode a ton with my friends back in the day.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is extremely close for me but I think Burnout edges it out just slightly.
Legendary games, both of them though