• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
That was a few confusing minutes for me this morning as I wondered where everything went lol. I downloaded and installed the old 7.1.6 from Github and thanks to session buddy having saved everything was back up. Hopefully a good replacement will come forward.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sometimes I like to click over because I forgot what it was. lol
Maybe I should switch to Firefox, but I found it to be more of a memory hog... I also don't like that it doesn't resize the tabs in the tab bar to fit in a single window so you have to endlessly scroll, but maybe there's an option to change that behaviour.

I guess I need to use TGS 7.1.6 and then ween myself off of tabs or find a different workflow. It's too bad, because it's something I'd gladly pay for, but I guess when someone comes up to you with a lot of cash it's hard to say no.
If you're not already using something like Session Buddy to manage tabs, I would highly recommend doing so. The benefit of Auto Tab Discard over The Great Suspender is that suspended tabs will look identical to active ones in a tab manager (and won't be saved with a weird transformed URL).

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not already using something like Session Buddy to manage tabs, I would highly recommend doing so. The benefit of Auto Tab Discard over The Great Suspender is that suspended tabs will look identical to active ones in a tab manager (and won't be saved with a weird transformed URL).
Yeah, I was double dipping which helped a lot.
I'd switch to Auto Tab Discard, but the fact that it reloads tabs when in focus kind of breaks it for me. Of course it goes back to my problem of having too many tabs open I suppose. lol

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was double dipping which helped a lot.
I'd switch to Auto Tab Discard, but the fact that it reloads tabs when in focus kind of breaks it for me. Of course it goes back to my problem of having too many tabs open I suppose. lol
That was the main reason I didn't want to switch at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. (Plus I made sure tabs suspended a bit quicker to make up for it.)

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
Guess which sucker actually donated to this extension. Only a couple bucks, but still.
Now there should be an extension that tracks extensions for shady stuff like this.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
edge is just a reskin of chrome lol

This is hilarious since you are complaining about an extension that edge has integrated in the actual browser (and works way better).

So if you need an extension to do something that the other browse does natively, is it really just a reskin?
Both being based on Chromium doesn't mean they are the same at all.