• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The booking of Alexa Bliss in the previous 2 weeks was insane even by WWE standards. She's booked as a monster heel, she made the Raw Women's Champion scared, she only didnt win the Championship because Randy Orton RKO'ed her and then Rhea Rhipley chucks her out in about a minute when Alexa Bliss didnt even eliminate a single person.

I don't know I though it was handled the right way if she was gonna get eliminated. Getting eliminated before the transformation made sense. Yeah I saw your other response but still it made sense that it happened this way just cause of the nature of the elimination was a smart play.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So just heard Cesaros contract is up soon.
If ever there was a guy who would blowup bigger elsewhere its him. How has he not been a world champion already?

As much as im all aew I feel like he should probably make the call Cobb did. Njpw doesn't have enough powerhouses. He'd stand out more there than beside cage, wardlow, Mero, Hobbs and archer.
If the implication here is that njpw would make Cesaro IWGP champ I find that HIGHLY unlikely

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Happy with Edge and Bianca winning. Much better than the scary thoughts of Seth/Braun/Randy and Charlotte/Alexis combo winning. Rhea had a great showing, as did Damian Priest. Bobby and Omos/AJ came out looking good, too. The Lacey/Charlotte thing was nothing once they finished their brawl outside. They barely acknowledged each other in the ring after that altercation concluded. Alexis getting thrown out quick was the best option so that supernatural stuff didn't ruin a great women's rumble.

Also bummed to see Naomi and Seth return with their gimmicks in tack. Both need a refresh.

Biggest disappointments: Ember sloppy in ring, Cesaro and Shinsuke doing a whole lot of nothing, and Otis still being buried.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
RR was good, but then again, it's pretty much the easiest slam dunk of the year for WWE.

Can't believe we're in the third Oldberg run (and the last two both involved fucking championship reigns). The match was better than run #2, but that's not exactly saying much.

Owens vs Reigns was pretty good and had a few great spots. Assunimg the feud is gonna continue consisering the fuck finish where KO "should" have won. I think part of the problem is a lack of fresh feud opportunities for Roman and... not a whole lot of top babyfaces?

Women's rumble was good aside from the 24/7 title, was nice that it came down to two younger talents and great that they finally be ready to strap the rocket to Bianca.

Enjoyed the men's rumble. Only real complaints would probably be for talent that wasn't used. Popped for Christian. Bless Bad Bunny for really wanting to land a spot I guess, probably would have been neater if it didn't originally get me thinking that Booker T was gonna enter the Rumble. Now that they've done the Hurricane comedy nostalgia spot twice recently, next time he actually needs to land a chokeslam.

I'm cool with Edge winning. The RKO swerve was well done. As opposed to other olds, injury took out a huge portion of his career so I don't mind throwing him a few bones.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Was Royal Rumble the first time Nakamura was shirtless on the main roster in a long while? It sure seemed like it.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Edge is facing Balor for the NXT title, isn't he

Because Vince feels the need to try and overshadow AEW on Wednesdays, doesn't he

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and he's going after Roman or something instead, because putting Edge on NXT would be dumb, but also so, so Vince because he feels the need to react to Sting showing up on Dynamite.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Because Vince feels the need to try and overshadow AEW on Wednesdays, doesn't he

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and he's going after Roman or something instead, because putting Edge on NXT would be dumb, but also so, so Vince because he feels the need to react to Sting showing up on Dynamite.
It's not that deep. It's just gonna be another SPEAR VS SPEAR OOOOOH MY feud

maybe

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

Edge becoming the face of the youth promotion would be jokes ngl

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain

At this point I doubt he actually cares about AEW, especially now with the Peacock deal and all that. If he really did, the NXT crossover would have been played far more than it has been at the moment, apart from Charlotte and maybe Sasha that one time.

It's become pretty clear (at least from where I see it) that the "Wednesday Night Wars" have no focus in Vinny Macs mind.

His focus is not bringing eyes to NXT and more about bringing people and ratings to RAW, and that probably means Edge challenging for the WWE championship

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
lmao just saw the results of royal rumble.at this point vince just laughs at everyone all the way to the bank.there would be a million people watching wwe,marks are gonna say "wwe is doomed" and the company would have records profits,it is what it is.

Oct 8, 2019
Bryan and Vinny have pissed off alot of people again.

Also athletic people doing silly spots to save themselves is a hell of a lot more entertaining than some guy skinning the cat like Shawn Michaels every year.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan and Vinny have pissed off alot of people again.

Also athletic people doing silly spots to save themselves is a hell of a lot more entertaining than some guy skinning the cat like Shawn Michaels every year.

They do say dumb shit sometimes but I'm failing to see a problem with this. Calling the spot dumb, which it was, doesn't mean they hate black women like this person is saying. The spot looking stupid is a pretty normal opinion.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
I'm more offended when Bryan and Lance Storm say they hate zombies. WTF! Leave zombies alone, man. They're DEAD!

Oct 8, 2019
They do say dumb shit sometimes but I'm failing to see a problem with this. Calling the spot dumb, which it was, doesn't mean they hate black women like this person is saying. The spot looking stupid is a pretty normal opinion.

The only part I didnt like was the rocking back and forth thing, but overall I thought the spot was fine.

I mean this is nothing compared to the time Mark got so pissed off that Roman Reigns was in the rumble that he started flipping off Bryan's Stuffed animals.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or was there WAY more 'woah im almost over no im not' spots this year?

it was like every 20 seconds

Karsha

May 1, 2020
That Naomi spot was played bad, I think they wanted her to grab into something to save herself and by accident that something would have been Bianca's hair, the way it played though was cringy as hell and Bianca's reaction didn't help it either...not sure if they had tried it before or just read about what they were supposed to do since they both were nervous and somehow ashamed on what they were doing

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry about the delay

New thread is up

www.resetera.com

February Wrasslin |OT| Black Wrestlers Matter

Let's take a moment to appreciate all the black talent from past to present. Let's look at what happening this month AEW Beach Break - February 3 Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley, Pac and Rey Fenix Tag Team Battle Royal AEW's tag team division will compete in a battle...