• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Did she voluntarily get an IUD, has now changed her mind and they won't allow it to be removed, or did they force an IUD on her? WTF

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
E4mlu8iWUAMvcW1

E4mlu8kX0AwVkva

E4mlvDQWYAU7WB0

Fucking insane.
Jesus Christ.....

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Okay those comments on her gigs in Vegas makes me unspeakably angry, what the fuck. Everyone involved in the monetary flow of this conservativeship should be sued for every penny they have, the psychiatrists, the legal representatives and of course her parents and promoters. That is literally slavery what they are trying to pull.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
This is so sad.

Forcing an IUD on any unwilling woman makes me feel very uncomfortable.

It's absolutely indefensible that nobody including her lawyer informed her of a petition to end the conservatorship for 13 years!

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
While not exactly the same, Stan Lee was another good case of how people who need help can be massively taken advantage of.

Yep, that whole saga is a prime example, and like was said is hardly something that only happens to the famous, and shows that even being famous you can get stuck unable to get the proper help you need even if desired. Much like Stan lee this wasn't a one person or group only show, its clear a whole chain of people were abusing her for money and as far as I can see were all in on it in order for her not have had even a little help filing against them.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
100% it's like meek. People only found out about some common shit bc it happened to a famous person.

While not exactly the same, Stan Lee was another good case of how people who need help can be massively taken advantage of.
Stuff like this is just like...there's way too many ways for people to fall through cracks. Maybe we should be shifting some of the classes towards general law so people can't run into stuff like this.

It'll never happen tho

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I'm reading this shit with my jaw hanging open. How the fuck is this shit allowed to happen in a so-called civilised country? This shit is barbaric and cruel, and is no doubt contributing to worsening any mental health issues she has. She's been forced into work, had an IUD inserted against her will and has no freedom of movement to live her life...how the fuck can that be ok? As others have said, we're only hearing about this because it's Britney Spears, how many people are suffering this kind of abusive captivity with no means to fight back publicly? It took Britney this long to be able to say her piece, regular people are completely fucked, and suffering who knows what level of abuse.
This is disgusting.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Also Britney may well have mental health issues but it's possible the conservatorship is making them worse!

Taking someone's freedom away has consequences.

The problem (as far as I can tell) is that burden of proof shifts to the ward once they are placed under control.

Yeah this, mental health issues aren't helped with this shit and honestly the fact that the usa syatem allows such a fucking ridiculous thing to exist in this form is more proof that the American system is fucking stupid and isn't in anyway designed to try and understand mental health etc. There is no reason this stupid system should exist at this point in the way it does considering as well as Britney there are a bunch of known cases of elderly people abused because courts have put them under care of assholes and people who don't know them at all.

Did she voluntarily get an IUD, has now changed her mind and they won't allow it to be removed, or did they force an IUD on her? WTF

I mean at this point it doesn't matter either way, if she originally decided to have it or they forced it doesn't change the fact that they are forcing her to continue to have it against her will. It's human rights abuse and absolutely fucking disgusting. The idea of actively deciding that someone has mental health issues and using it as an excuse to force them into not being able to have kids is awful, let alone the fact that a big part of the reason I have to assume is her asshole dad knows if she's pregnant then it's a lot harder to force her to go do shows and make money for him to steal among other issues such as having more reasons for her to point out why he shouldn't be stealing her fucking money with the courts permission.

It's also clear that the managers etc are making it seem like she's not fit to be in control because they know if she has a say she'll tell them to fuck off and will actually have a break like she wants to and that's the money train for them stopped as well. All of the people involved at every level are just milking every cent they can from her with zero care for her wellbeing at all. It's as clear as day and if that's what the usa court system thinks is doing a good job of caring for someone with mental health as they seemingly have done for 13 years now despite her arguing multiple times for her own life back, then it's also pretty clear that a lot of judges in the usa are idiots who don't belong in the positions they have. Which isn't surprising when you considering the only qualification you actually need is to have a president nominate you and a partisan hack senate confirm you as seen from 2016-2020

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
This woman has had a terrible outcome after being in a position we can only dream about. I remember the 2007 drama and even before that from the head shaving to the 2007 VMAs disaster. She wasn't stable then, but it seemed like when her family stepped in she really began to come back. Now it seems it's just as bad if not worse. The gross invasion of privacy is horrible. I'm concerned what she may do though if she is as unstable as she was back then and has nobody monitoring her well-being.
Her father definitely took advantage off her "unstableness" back then. It got blown up to hell and back and he used it to pin her down where she literally can't do anything.

May 31, 2018
Her father definitely took advantage off her "unstableness" back then. It got blown up to hell and back and he used it to pin her down where she literally can't do anything.

I think it was either TMZ or one of the sites like that said Rolling Stone had an 'In Memoriam" ready to go for her at any time back then. You'd think the record label would dispatch the best of the best to take care of her. Heck I remember when Dr. Phil tried to get in on her downward spiral. Even Katt Williams had a bit about her being "wheeled into the back of an ambulance looking happy and mad at the same time." If I remember right there were some pretty nasty people that surrounded her.

Last edited:

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
Also Britney may well have mental health issues but it's possible the conservatorship is making them worse!

The problem (as far as I can tell) is that burden of proof shifts to the ward once they are placed under control.

The conversation about whether she's actually mentally ill should be held. Be prescribed lithium and locked up for rejecting a choreography move. Be threatened with not seeing her sons or suffering punishment if she doesn't agree to dance moves, shows or being locked up. WTF is this. She said all of that.

It's also clear that the managers etc are making it seem like she's not fit to be in control because they know if she has a say she'll tell them to fuck off and will actually have a break like she wants to and that's the money train for them stopped as well. All of the people involved at every level are just milking every cent they can from her with zero care for her wellbeing at all. It's as clear as day and if that's what the usa court system thinks is doing a good job of caring for someone with mental health as they seemingly have done for 13 years now despite her arguing multiple times for her own life back, then it's also pretty clear that a lot of judges in the usa are idiots who don't belong in the positions they have. Which isn't surprising when you considering the only qualification you actually need is to have a president nominate you and a partisan hack senate confirm you as seen from 2016-2020

She specifically mentioned Miley Cyrus because they once shared managers. Larry Rudolph was Miley's manager in 2014 when she did the VMA thing and smoked weed freely. Britney had fired her manager Larry Rudolph twice before being put on a cship. Once in 2005 and the definite time in early 2007, when she accused him of setting her up with parties and the subsequent rehab stunts. First thing her dad did after being granted cship was to rehire him -- and the first thing Larry did upon being rehired was to manage her a new album, a new world tour, videos, music etc etc.

Like, basically what happened in 2007 was that she tried to get away from a set of people who have been with her since the beginning, including her own family, but ended up legally obliged to be with them again. That's what the conservatorship did.

Last edited:

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020

And it doesn't help that she can't even choose her own lawyer. Like, Britney didn't even know she could ask to *end* the conservatorship.

This whole thing is as maddening as it is sad.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's baffling that this disgusting and abusive situation is still going on.

Give her her life back.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope the justice system shits on her dad.

It won't because the whole thing has been fucked up from the beginning.

I hope the justice system does as well but there needs to be serious reforms based on what's been described. Britney Spears is obviously an adult of sound mind who had a traumatic experience when she was younger that caused her behavior years ago.

Whenever she gets out of this, I can see her taking years off and out of the spotlight. I fully expect her to make an album when she's 50 (if at all).

I hope she disowns her dad and sues the shit outta him.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her father is real piece of shit.

Britney Spears said when they forced her into the mental health facility against her will in 2019, she cried on the phone for an hour to her father "and he loved every minute of it."

E4mnMB4X0AAoIT3

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Her situation is supremely fucked up. I hope she regains her liberty ASAP and seeks every legal recourse to bury the assholes who are abusing and exploiting her.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
They should just end this a do a full audit on her money. I wonder what her father was doing with it. Where is her mom? Siblings?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I am shocked there is a legal avenue to support this. They were able to rob ber of her money and freedom for 13 YEARS, its insane.

Man I hope she gets her life back, sue the shit out of everyone and deplete everyone's money drowing them in legal fees while she enjoys her life with all her money.

Aomame

Oct 27, 2017
This is a brief part of a harrowing transcript that's unclear. My impression on reading was that she seemed fine with having the IUD, but she wanted to remove it to have another child and was not allowed to. Again, though, it's unclear. Either way, it's horrifying.

I hope the courts do the right thing and correct this glaring injustice. Most of all, I hope Britney can find joy once past this. She has brought joy to so many and does not deserve to live under these conditions (not to say that anyone does, of course, famous or not).

From the transcript, I do worry about her actual mental condition. I have no doubt that whatever she is dealing with has been exacerbated or even caused by the horrible conditions she's lived under. She says at one point that she doesn't believe in therapy (but still says she would like to see a therapist once a week under her own conditions and of her own selection), but I can't blame her considering the sound of the "therapy" she has received. What an absolute mess her family has made of her life.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at a loss for words..... she's literally being treated like a performing animal. This is one of the most vile things I've ever heard of.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Ah cool, her lawyer is basically that shit bag character from I Care A Lot

Somehow forgot to mention the ability to terminate, weird how that happens.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Britney's dad is sued into oblivion. This is a kick in the face to BASIC human rights.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

10k a WEEK??? And no mention to her of her fucking rights??? That piece of shit lawyer has siphoned millions from her. This is the most obvious fucking con. I hope the judge sees that.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

He should be forced to pay everything back.

It's obvious why he doesn't want her to be free, shouldn't be allowed to work anymore.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A *lot* of people should be going to prison for this fraud of a conservatorship. What an absolute evil set of people. How do you not get sick with guilt from doing this to someone??

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I hope her dad is destroyed for this. Him and every crooked lawyer, judge and doctor eating off of Britney's plate in order to make her a prisoner.

Holy fuck.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope her dad is destroyed for this. Him and every crooked lawyer, judge and doctor eating off of Britney's plate in order to make her a prisoner.

Holy fuck.
I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the money they made off a woman they basically enslaved and forced to work for 13 years while keeping her as a virtual prisoner in her own life.

How do they sleep at night?

GalaxyPixel

Jun 21, 2021
Unironically its time to leave her alone and let her live her life as she sees fit she's been through too much and she doesn't deserve this.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry, "I had no privacy, I get eight gallons of blood a week."

what the fuck did I just read?

accx

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the money they made off a woman they basically enslaved and forced to work for 13 years while keeping her as a virtual prisoner in her own life.

How do they sleep at night?

Very well, on a bed of pure gold.
It's abundantly clear her father does not view her as a human being.

I hope she gets out of this shit now.